Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIRMWARE] Official firmware CIS 20B based on the source code of 20o

Tip us?
 
PAIIITET
Old
(Last edited by PAIIITET; 11th February 2012 at 12:01 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 121
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tomsk
Default [FIRMWARE] Official firmware CIS 20B based on the source code of 20o

Hi, guys!

Company LG released 2012 January 26 for the Russian firmware 20B based on the source code of 20o.

1) The kernel supports the swap.
2) There is a Google application Musik
3) GPS is working correctly, if you boot the phone, GPS has been disabled
4) Fixed problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks with more than 11 channels

at least, these changes appeared only in the firmware 20o, then with 99% probability of firmware 20b, at the moment is the latest.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...00/V20B_00.kdz

Last-modified: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:04:40 GMT
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PAIIITET For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wapz
Old
(Last edited by wapz; 11th February 2012 at 01:22 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 1,078
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAIIITET View Post
Hi, guys!

Company LG released 2012 January 26 for the Russian firmware 20B based on the source code of 20o.

1) The kernel supports the swap.
2) There is a Google application Musik
3) GPS is working correctly, if you boot the phone, GPS has been disabled
4) Fixed problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks with more than 11 channels

at least, these changes appeared only in the firmware 20o, then with 99% probability of firmware 20b, at the moment is the latest.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...00/V20B_00.kdz

Last-modified: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:04:40 GMT
If this is true, this will include the v20o baseband as well. Which can be extracted by flashing it with this tool, and look for the files in the temporary directory while flashing (AENEAS_FW.fls, psi.fls, R375_SIC.fls and slb.fls). How do you know it is based on v20o, since you are running it and can confirm the issues are not there? Or have you confirmed it some other way?
 
rmein
Old
(Last edited by rmein; 11th February 2012 at 03:46 PM.)
#3  
rmein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 170
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wapz View Post
If this is true, this will include the v20o baseband as well. Which can be extracted by flashing it with this tool, and look for the files in the temporary directory while flashing (AENEAS_FW.fls, psi.fls, R375_SIC.fls and slb.fls). How do you know it is based on v20o, since you are running it and can confirm the issues are not there? Or have you confirmed it some other way?
I have extracted the baseband files from the CIS v20b KDZ. They are different sized files from V20m baseband, but still show as baseband 1035.21_20110725

The build.prop says ro.build.date=Wed Jan 25 15:02:00 MSK 2012, so it looks like it is the most recent build to be released. I'll leave it to one of the experts to do all the deodexing etc...

Editied to put the RIL in the zip along with the fls files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip V20b_CIS_BB_RIL.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.31 MB, 245 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rmein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Divyan
Old
#4  
Divyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 229
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmein View Post
I have extracted the baseband files from the CIS v20b KDZ. They are different sized files from V20m baseband, but still show as baseband 1035.21_20110725

The build.prop says ro.build.date=Wed Jan 25 15:02:00 MSK 2012, so it looks like it is the most recent build to be released. I'll leave it to one of the experts to do all the deodexing etc...
Thanks, mate.

If you still have the ROM in your phone, can you please upload the RIL as well - if you don't mind?
 
wapz
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 1,078
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmein View Post
I have extracted the baseband files from the CIS v20b KDZ. They are different sized files from V20m baseband, but still show as baseband 1035.21_20110725

The build.prop says ro.build.date=Wed Jan 25 15:02:00 MSK 2012, so it looks like it is the most recent build to be released. I'll leave it to one of the experts to do all the deodexing etc...
Now, if anybody could try and flash the bb, and see if you can get Fastdormancy complete with any of the v20o roms + ril out there it would mean I can finally leave my old v20m rom alone. Don't have time for this today
 
rmein
Old
#6  
rmein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 170
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyan View Post
Thanks, mate.

If you still have the ROM in your phone, can you please upload the RIL as well - if you don't mind?
I only flashed the BB not the whole ROM, but I did extract the /system image as well. I've put the RIL in the original post along with the fls files.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Divyan
Old
#7  
Divyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 229
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmein View Post
I only flashed the BB not the whole ROM, but I did extract the /system image as well. I've put the RIL in the original post along with the fls files.
Thank you so much..

Will report back what happens if I flash them.
 
rmein
Old
#8  
rmein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 170
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divyan View Post
Thank you so much..

Will report back what happens if I flash them.
The ROM isn't actually odexed in the first place, so I might actually try making a CWM zip out of it, or at least a few bits of it. Cooking up a whole ROM is still a bit beyond me
 
hoskopico
Old
#9  
hoskopico's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 323
Join Date: Feb 2011
How did you extract the bb. Using the r&d tool

Sent from my LG-P925g using xda premium
 
carburano
Old
#10  
carburano's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6,224
Posts: 1,964
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rimini, Italy

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmein View Post
The ROM isn't actually odexed in the first place, so I might actually try making a CWM zip out of it, or at least a few bits of it. Cooking up a whole ROM is still a bit beyond me
if you can provide it, i will deodex, root and share
My contribution to XDA:

2009 XOR Morna for HTC Diamond
2012/2013 DjangoManouche/ DMX with KingOfBirds Kernel for LG O2X



Follow me on Twitter: @Francesco80m

If you like my work please press thanks and consider to buy me a beer HERE!
or DONATE TO "EMERGENCY" (To help war victims) HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes