Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal Switch in my S Tablet

Tip us?

defsix
Old
(Last edited by defsix; 11th February 2012 at 07:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Lightbulb [Q] Internal Switch in my S Tablet

Hi,
Ok so I decided to fix an annoying little rattle I had with the battery today. I opened up the 2 screws, slid of the cover and placed a little foam between the battery and chassis. Job done. Then I spotted a switch here

So I switched it (Yes the Tablet was off) and then I switched it back the other way. Put it all back together and attempted to power up. No good. Dead. Held the power button for 10 secs and still nothing. Plugged in the charger and lights flashed then could power it on. The battery was already fully charged and also indicated this when successfully powered on.

SO what did I switch ?

Sony Tablet S 16GB Wifi - rooted

defsix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Any one any ideas ?

ps3taker
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Do you mean it works when plugged in? but not on battery? If so what percentage charge does it show - maybe try measuring voltage on battery - preferably direct if you can open the case again, or try some soft first - I saw som widgets etc measure voltage, temp etc - I don't use any of them so cannot recommend. I believe setting menu has battery status too but I believe it's just stating its state or something simple like that not the voltage.

defsix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
It works perfect now, it only didn't switch on the first time till i plugged in the charger. Now it works fine all the time. If you look at the picture the word OFF is printed on the PCB next to the switch. I'm really just curious to know what it switches off.

DreadPirateDan
Old
Thanks Meter 114
wtf... could this be like a manual s-off switch?

Would you be able to re-post the picture? It's not showing up for me (could be the work computers though) Or a link perhaps.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

I wanna check this out myself when I get home, but firstly, how deep did you have to go to get to this, and did the rubber feet go straight back in easily and stay inplace well? Don't wanna have them falling out all the time

defsix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Here you go

or here too

taking the rubber feet off was a little tricky. I used 2 nail files , one to push the rubbber from the edge of the hole and the other to lift it out. They are quite sticky and go back easily.

ase3000
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Check this out as it might help
http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/c...blet-s/6301055

defsix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
I had a look at the pictures on the link above but still no mention as to what this off switch it for.

depulle87
Old
Thanks Meter 117
There is a switch inside the asus transformer that kind a looks the same and it is for the batery, when your device does not see your batery anymore than you can use the switch to deconnect and connect your batery again without removing it.

When the batery drops under a certain voltage the tablet wont reconize it anymore and than you need to do this.

I think when pulling the switch you"removed" the batery, that is way you had a scary startup after that
Sony Tablet-S
Whatsapp on your Sony tablet-S

Hit if someone helps you out and most of all HAVE FUN
The Following User Says Thank You to depulle87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kadji9
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Is possible to add a better battery?