Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][04-10-12][ICS|CM9] CyanogenMod 9.1.0 - 3.x Kernel - Final [Unofficial]

OP jerl92

22nd May 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #791  
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
VM Notificantion issues with some carriers
Having voice mail notification issue with my carrier (Mobilicity in Canada), I am not getting notified a voicemail is left in my account. This is not a a carrier bug.

This issue was present in earlier releases of cynogenmod ROMS, http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...&sort=&id=2801 and a fix was found and recently implemented into CM7.2 RC2. Fix here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13322/

I tried this CM9 ROM along with Andromadus Audacity ICS ROM and both have this issue. Makes sense since both are using official CM9 as their base. Since there is no official CM9 for G2 and Desire Z I am posting in this forum.

Would really appreciate it if the cooks of this ROM can look into this and patch it if possible.

Thank you and keep up the GREAT work so far!
23rd May 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #792  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 154

941 posts
More
I just have to post this to help anyone out. I was having problems with bad lag from Beta 5 to 6 ... Went back to 5 and things seemed ok but it wasn't as good as it was before I flashed beta 6.

I was reading reviews from everyone about the new Kernal 3.0 and decided to flash it. Was getting really bad lag again until I re-installed busybox. I just went to the market and searched for it and re-installed it. Lag is now gone! I believe it had a lot to do with the V6 SuperCharging. Just letting anyone know if there having problems they might want to re-install busybox.
23rd May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #793  
Bothell, WA
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Thanks for this awesome rom! I love it. I'm running B6 with the B7 Kernel.

I have one problem, and its occurred with either kernel.

On receiving phone calls, the phone automatically goes to speakerphone, If I take it off speakerphone, the caller can't hear me until I mute then unmute the system.

any thoughts?

(I skimmed the entire thread and searched for speakerphone issues before posting)
23rd May 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #794  
Flag Pasig
Thanks Meter: 12

209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMartini

I just have to post this to help anyone out. I was having problems with bad lag from Beta 5 to 6 ... Went back to 5 and things seemed ok but it wasn't as good as it was before I flashed beta 6.

I was reading reviews from everyone about the new Kernal 3.0 and decided to flash it. Was getting really bad lag again until I re-installed busybox. I just went to the market and searched for it and re-installed it. Lag is now gone! I believe it had a lot to do with the V6 SuperCharging. Just letting anyone know if there having problems they might want to re-install busybox.

Thanks for this, but I have a couple of things to ask. Did you flash the 3.0 kernel over your beta 5? Which version of busybox did you install? No wifi problems or issues with the camera?

On another note, I really hope the issue with the touch screen gets fixed soon, gaming is really fast but over time, screen becomes unresponsive or inaccurate. A reboot solves it, but only temporarily.
23rd May 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #795  
Denver

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0m_insanity

Thanks for this, but I have a couple of things to ask. Did you flash the 3.0 kernel over your beta 5? Which version of busybox did you install? No wifi problems or issues with the camera?

On another note, I really hope the issue with the touch screen gets fixed soon, gaming is really fast but over time, screen becomes unresponsive or inaccurate. A reboot solves it, but only temporarily.

Beta 5 flashed 3.0 kernal and installed BusyBox 1.20.0-Stericson (from market) ... Currently NO problems with WiFI (on it right now =) and I used 2 different camera.apks (Oringal from CM7 (works) and the download Camera ICS from market does not (black visibility))

I agree about the touch screen. I've noticed that issue as well after time it starts becoming a problem, but reboot always fixes it.

Hopefully this helps
24th May 2012, 06:05 AM   |  #796  
Flag Pasig

209 posts
More
Thanks a lot! I'm going to try that as well. I found Beta 6 to be really laggy and unresponsive to touch so I had to flash back to 5. I just have so many apps and settings to setup that's why as much as possible, I do not want to do a full wipe.
24th May 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #797  
Thanks Meter: 23

272 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0m_insanity

Thanks a lot! I'm going to try that as well. I found Beta 6 to be really laggy and unresponsive to touch so I had to flash back to 5. I just have so many apps and settings to setup that's why as much as possible, I do not want to do a full wipe.

why not use titanium backup to backup all your apps and their settings? i too couldn't take the lag and unresponsiveness of cm9 beta 6, so i flashed back to cm7.1...
24th May 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #798  
Flag Pasig

209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra281

why not use titanium backup to backup all your apps and their settings? i too couldn't take the lag and unresponsiveness of cm9 beta 6, so i flashed back to cm7.1...

I do. I have been using TiBackup for such a long time now. I just have hundreds of apps, and thousands of sms. Restoring from a backup is such a pain. As of nos, this is my only phone, and the downtime is not acceptable since I also use it for work. I can only afford a full wipe and restore from backup when I do have enough time.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
25th May 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #799  
Denver

941 posts
More
If anyone else is having lag issues with V6 SuperCharger with this ROM's BETA's check your 3G Turbo settings in the driver menu. I had it On and it was really messing with the lag on my phone.

I turned it off and it's smooth as ever now.
25th May 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #800  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 157

574 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardfan

Having voice mail notification issue with my carrier (Mobilicity in Canada), I am not getting notified a voicemail is left in my account. This is not a a carrier bug.

Evidence suggests that it actually is.
If the function works with some carriers and not others (my wife has VM and notifications DO work on her CM9'd doubleshot on Wind), then by definition, it must be related to a difference in the specific carrier implementation. Patching the source to work around a defective carrier implementation of VARIOUS functions, is not uncommon.

Note that I'm not suggesting that this patch not be included, just correcting you on your description of it.

I would also like to point out that this patch was made to CM, not AOSP.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread