5,605,120 Members 37,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][04-10-12][ICS|CM9] CyanogenMod 9.1.0 - 3.x Kernel - Final [Unofficial]

Tip us?

diehardfan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default VM Notificantion issues with some carriers

Having voice mail notification issue with my carrier (Mobilicity in Canada), I am not getting notified a voicemail is left in my account. This is not a a carrier bug.

This issue was present in earlier releases of cynogenmod ROMS, http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...&sort=&id=2801 and a fix was found and recently implemented into CM7.2 RC2. Fix here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13322/

I tried this CM9 ROM along with Andromadus Audacity ICS ROM and both have this issue. Makes sense since both are using official CM9 as their base. Since there is no official CM9 for G2 and Desire Z I am posting in this forum.

Would really appreciate it if the cooks of this ROM can look into this and patch it if possible.

Thank you and keep up the GREAT work so far!

DJMartini
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I just have to post this to help anyone out. I was having problems with bad lag from Beta 5 to 6 ... Went back to 5 and things seemed ok but it wasn't as good as it was before I flashed beta 6.

I was reading reviews from everyone about the new Kernal 3.0 and decided to flash it. Was getting really bad lag again until I re-installed busybox. I just went to the market and searched for it and re-installed it. Lag is now gone! I believe it had a lot to do with the V6 SuperCharging. Just letting anyone know if there having problems they might want to re-install busybox.
Google Nexus 4 (LG Mako) - Drivers
T-mobile using LTE
Radio: Hybrid 54/27/84
ROM: AOKPK 4.4.2 kecinzer builds
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: CWM Touch 6.0.4.3
Kernel: Faux v37m

RETIRED
HTC Vision T-mobile G2 (S-OFF) SEM04G 2.10GiB eMMC

Rook12V
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for this awesome rom! I love it. I'm running B6 with the B7 Kernel.

I have one problem, and its occurred with either kernel.

On receiving phone calls, the phone automatically goes to speakerphone, If I take it off speakerphone, the caller can't hear me until I mute then unmute the system.

any thoughts?

(I skimmed the entire thread and searched for speakerphone issues before posting)

rand0m_insanity
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMartini View Post
I just have to post this to help anyone out. I was having problems with bad lag from Beta 5 to 6 ... Went back to 5 and things seemed ok but it wasn't as good as it was before I flashed beta 6.

I was reading reviews from everyone about the new Kernal 3.0 and decided to flash it. Was getting really bad lag again until I re-installed busybox. I just went to the market and searched for it and re-installed it. Lag is now gone! I believe it had a lot to do with the V6 SuperCharging. Just letting anyone know if there having problems they might want to re-install busybox.
Thanks for this, but I have a couple of things to ask. Did you flash the 3.0 kernel over your beta 5? Which version of busybox did you install? No wifi problems or issues with the camera?

On another note, I really hope the issue with the touch screen gets fixed soon, gaming is really fast but over time, screen becomes unresponsive or inaccurate. A reboot solves it, but only temporarily.
HTC TyTN (lost)
HTC Dream (sold)
Motorola Milestone (not being used)

HTC Desire Z (spare)
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (current)

DJMartini
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0m_insanity View Post
Thanks for this, but I have a couple of things to ask. Did you flash the 3.0 kernel over your beta 5? Which version of busybox did you install? No wifi problems or issues with the camera?

On another note, I really hope the issue with the touch screen gets fixed soon, gaming is really fast but over time, screen becomes unresponsive or inaccurate. A reboot solves it, but only temporarily.
Beta 5 flashed 3.0 kernal and installed BusyBox 1.20.0-Stericson (from market) ... Currently NO problems with WiFI (on it right now =) and I used 2 different camera.apks (Oringal from CM7 (works) and the download Camera ICS from market does not (black visibility))

I agree about the touch screen. I've noticed that issue as well after time it starts becoming a problem, but reboot always fixes it.

Hopefully this helps
T-mobile using LTE

RETIRED

rand0m_insanity
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks a lot! I'm going to try that as well. I found Beta 6 to be really laggy and unresponsive to touch so I had to flash back to 5. I just have so many apps and settings to setup that's why as much as possible, I do not want to do a full wipe.
HTC TyTN (lost)
HTC Dream (sold)

HTC Desire Z (spare)

Cobra281
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0m_insanity View Post
Thanks a lot! I'm going to try that as well. I found Beta 6 to be really laggy and unresponsive to touch so I had to flash back to 5. I just have so many apps and settings to setup that's why as much as possible, I do not want to do a full wipe.
why not use titanium backup to backup all your apps and their settings? i too couldn't take the lag and unresponsiveness of cm9 beta 6, so i flashed back to cm7.1...
T-Mobile SGS 3 {SGH-T999}

rand0m_insanity
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra281 View Post
why not use titanium backup to backup all your apps and their settings? i too couldn't take the lag and unresponsiveness of cm9 beta 6, so i flashed back to cm7.1...
I do. I have been using TiBackup for such a long time now. I just have hundreds of apps, and thousands of sms. Restoring from a backup is such a pain. As of nos, this is my only phone, and the downtime is not acceptable since I also use it for work. I can only afford a full wipe and restore from backup when I do have enough time.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
HTC TyTN (lost)
HTC Dream (sold)

HTC Desire Z (spare)

DJMartini
Old
Thanks Meter 63
If anyone else is having lag issues with V6 SuperCharger with this ROM's BETA's check your 3G Turbo settings in the driver menu. I had it On and it was really messing with the lag on my phone.

I turned it off and it's smooth as ever now.
T-mobile using LTE

RETIRED

dhkr234
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardfan View Post
Having voice mail notification issue with my carrier (Mobilicity in Canada), I am not getting notified a voicemail is left in my account. This is not a a carrier bug.
Evidence suggests that it actually is.
If the function works with some carriers and not others (my wife has VM and notifications DO work on her CM9'd doubleshot on Wind), then by definition, it must be related to a difference in the specific carrier implementation. Patching the source to work around a defective carrier implementation of VARIOUS functions, is not uncommon.

Note that I'm not suggesting that this patch not be included, just correcting you on your description of it.

I would also like to point out that this patch was made to CM, not AOSP.