Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amaze Micro HDMI compatible cable?

Tip us?

Phenomenon
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WikusVanDeMerwe View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the adapter. Could you comment on the picture quality? Does a 1080p movie look 1080p on the TV?
I'm not sure if it's the player of the Amaze that makes it less appealing or if I just encoded it wrong or if it's the limitations of the picture transfer itself, but it doesn't look "perfect" so to speak. Sometimes there's even a little audio delay that for some reason is more visible on the TV than it is on the phone. It still looks good and I imagine that if the right settings for video encoding come out it will look great, but don't expect BluRay quality from the phone.

ChromeJob
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I found that my Amaze has trouble playing 1080p without a stutter ... but it does that on the device as well as the external display. I guess those of us who want to do this regularly need to upgrade to the Edge/Endeavor this summer.
First time Android owner, HTC Amaze 4G.
Was this helpful? Click Thanks. Was I unhelpful? Sorry. Can't bat .400 every day.

frostyroot
Old
Thanks Meter 40
The MHL cable I had for my Sensation 4G works for the Amaze, I tried it out last night it worked with no problem.

Alo81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Important question, when using a typical 5 pin MHL adapter, does the phone transmit audio over HDMI as well?

Along with that, if not, does the 12 pin adapter transmit audio? Thanks guys.

macheteZen
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
I found that my Amaze has trouble playing 1080p without a stutter ... but it does that on the device as well as the external display. I guess those of us who want to do this regularly need to upgrade to the Edge/Endeavor this summer.
mmmmm Endeavor, nom nom nom....
Devices:
Samsung G900T S5 (White) 16GB
-Omega 1.7

LG Nexus 5 (White) 16GB (Wifey)
-CM11

Old:
Samsung GS4 (White)
Samsung GS3 (White) 16GB :SOLD
HTC Amaze 4G (White) : Water Damaged
LG G2X : Retired
HTC Leo (HD2-TMOUS) : SOLD
HTC Glacier (White) : SOLD

---------------------

ChromeJob
Old
(Last edited by ChromeJob; 17th February 2012 at 03:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo81 View Post
Important question, when using a typical 5 pin MHL adapter, does the phone transmit audio over HDMI as well?

Along with that, if not, does the 12 pin adapter transmit audio? Thanks guys.
Yes. And yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macheteZen View Post
mmmmm Endeavor, nom nom nom....
You mean the HTC One....
First time Android owner, HTC Amaze 4G.
Was this helpful? Click Thanks. Was I unhelpful? Sorry. Can't bat .400 every day.

Leachpunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does anyone know if the MHL adapter supports keyboard/mouse/monitor? If not, is there a dock or adapter that does?
HTC Dream (G1) (sold), HTC Leo (HD2) (sold), HTC HD7 (Zune player), Motorola Defy (Sold), Viewsonic G-Tab (Broken )

Current HTC Amaze 4G Revolutionized NonSense (waiting for a CM9 or AOSP build of some sort)

Google Nexus 7 (Please ship soon)

ChromeJob
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Check Wikipedia for references on MHL ... my reading was that it was just mobile high-definition link ... that is, a way of getting hi-def video and audio OUT of the device, not networking IN some peripherals.

mznatnat
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
The one I have is from Tmobile. It works, but I just don't see the practicality of it. I used to have the G2X that required that micro HDMI to HDMI. That just required one cable. This time with the MHL adapter you need to not only have to have the MHL adapter, but you also need a normal HDMI cable and a MicroUSB plug to power the device. Without either you wont get any picture. It works like normal and honestly I don't see any difference between the picture of the Amaze with their MHL adapter and the picture of the G2X with their microHDMI. It works great, but the only set back now is the amount of cables needed for this feature now.
I agree. The HDMI connection on my G2x was a lot more simpler. One cord. I am considering being a guinea pig when I get my pay check in a week....

blast0id
Old
Thanks Meter 593
I purchased one of these from amazon.com it works perfectly, but I do agree, microHDMI port would def. be preferable to the extra cord + adapter...

HTC M7 Viper0ne + ElementalX
protected by otterb0x defender

[DEV TOOL] EASYapkTOOLcompilerDECOMPILER
[DEV TOOL] easyFLASHABLEzipBUILDER

┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐ ! FAH Q H8RZ ! ┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐
_ _ _ _ ! - VOTE FOR FREEDOM - ! _ _ _ _
_ _ _ Respect existence or expect RESISTANCE!

DiMaggio < Rapheal < Vision < Ruby < M7
2005 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >> Today
CLICK HERE FIRST - BEFORE REPLYING!

Tags
amaze hdmi out output tv