No registration required

Amaze Micro HDMI compatible cable?

OP jculotta

14th February 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 9

347 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WikusVanDeMerwe

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the adapter. Could you comment on the picture quality? Does a 1080p movie look 1080p on the TV?

I'm not sure if it's the player of the Amaze that makes it less appealing or if I just encoded it wrong or if it's the limitations of the picture transfer itself, but it doesn't look "perfect" so to speak. Sometimes there's even a little audio delay that for some reason is more visible on the TV than it is on the phone. It still looks good and I imagine that if the right settings for video encoding come out it will look great, but don't expect BluRay quality from the phone.
14th February 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #12  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 16

102 posts
More
I found that my Amaze has trouble playing 1080p without a stutter ... but it does that on the device as well as the external display. I guess those of us who want to do this regularly need to upgrade to the Edge/Endeavor this summer.
15th February 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 40

141 posts
The MHL cable I had for my Sensation 4G works for the Amaze, I tried it out last night it worked with no problem.
15th February 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Important question, when using a typical 5 pin MHL adapter, does the phone transmit audio over HDMI as well?

Along with that, if not, does the 12 pin adapter transmit audio? Thanks guys.
15th February 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #15  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 43

344 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob

I found that my Amaze has trouble playing 1080p without a stutter ... but it does that on the device as well as the external display. I guess those of us who want to do this regularly need to upgrade to the Edge/Endeavor this summer.

mmmmm Endeavor, nom nom nom....
17th February 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #16  
Flag Raleigh, NC

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo81

Important question, when using a typical 5 pin MHL adapter, does the phone transmit audio over HDMI as well?

Along with that, if not, does the 12 pin adapter transmit audio? Thanks guys.

Yes. And yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macheteZen

mmmmm Endeavor, nom nom nom....

You mean the HTC One....
Last edited by ChromeJob; 17th February 2012 at 04:06 AM.
1st March 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #17  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1

108 posts
More
Does anyone know if the MHL adapter supports keyboard/mouse/monitor? If not, is there a dock or adapter that does?
3rd March 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #18  
Flag Raleigh, NC

102 posts
More
Check Wikipedia for references on MHL ... my reading was that it was just mobile high-definition link ... that is, a way of getting hi-def video and audio OUT of the device, not networking IN some peripherals.
4th March 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #19  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 86

544 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon

The one I have is from Tmobile. It works, but I just don't see the practicality of it. I used to have the G2X that required that micro HDMI to HDMI. That just required one cable. This time with the MHL adapter you need to not only have to have the MHL adapter, but you also need a normal HDMI cable and a MicroUSB plug to power the device. Without either you wont get any picture. It works like normal and honestly I don't see any difference between the picture of the Amaze with their MHL adapter and the picture of the G2X with their microHDMI. It works great, but the only set back now is the amount of cables needed for this feature now.

I agree. The HDMI connection on my G2x was a lot more simpler. One cord. I am considering being a guinea pig when I get my pay check in a week....
11th March 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #20  
Flag ap0pka
Thanks Meter: 606

2,795 posts
More
Wink
I purchased one of these from amazon.com it works perfectly, but I do agree, microHDMI port would def. be preferable to the extra cord + adapter...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amaze hdmi out output tv
Previous Thread Next Thread