Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Note/GT-N7000 WIKI -Please Help To Update-

Tip us?

n4rk0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
great info about the note!
good good job!!

thanks

sharan.mu
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
thanks for this thread.. good for all the new bees....

bambucya77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you.

plwndrsngh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for wiki and all rom list

bigstarrynight
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Great Wiki. Just cleaning up a few details on the specs. The compass is a magnetometer, its the software that interprets the data and gives compass readings. the magnetometer can be used for many other applications. I removed reference to 'Gorilla Glass' Samsung sometime ago, confessed that the branded Gorilla glass was not used in the GTN7k, but Samsungs own 'version' of it.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but I know there are people who do not want a compass, but they do want a magnetometer. Couple of universities are carrying out experiments with smartphone mags. Hence my being pedantic.

....and just to repeat...Great Wiki.....

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

....Also, I would like to add a short piece under the 'Tips section' about using the 'note with HDMI. Is there any particular way to do this, or just type away?..

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 4865
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstarrynight View Post
Great Wiki. Just cleaning up a few details on the specs. The compass is a magnetometer, its the software that interprets the data and gives compass readings. the magnetometer can be used for many other applications. I removed reference to 'Gorilla Glass' Samsung sometime ago, confessed that the branded Gorilla glass was not used in the GTN7k, but Samsungs own 'version' of it.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but I know there are people who do not want a compass, but they do want a magnetometer. Couple of universities are carrying out experiments with smartphone mags. Hence my being pedantic.

....and just to repeat...Great Wiki.....

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

....Also, I would like to add a short piece under the 'Tips section' about using the 'note with HDMI. Is there any particular way to do this, or just type away?..
Its best to start a thread with the advice (if one does not already exist), and then add a link to it in the wiki.

Peace!

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum
The Following User Says Thank You to original_ganjaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigstarrynight
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Okkydokky, will have a look tomorrow and if no one has mentioned the HDMI capability, I'll start a thread and link. btw, I threw my dvd player out the window when I found what the 'note could do. Its pretty amazing.

lenrek
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Is there a guide on how to deodex Note's stock Samsung ROM? I did a few search in the Wiki, can't find much info that is related to Note.

amoghshandilya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My note has issues like over heating, constantly my ram goes above 600 and sometimes it is even above 700.
Battery life is around 5 hours max if i use more than 2-3 apps at a time.
Should i sell my phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 4865
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
Is there a guide on how to deodex Note's stock Samsung ROM? I did a few search in the Wiki, can't find much info that is related to Note.
As far as i am aware, no. Have you searched the main note forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghshandilya View Post
My note has issues like over heating, constantly my ram goes above 600 and sometimes it is even above 700.
Battery life is around 5 hours max if i use more than 2-3 apps at a time.
Should i sell my phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
The Ram situation is normal, it is the way android operates, there are many threads about this in multiple forums.

As for the battery use, try downloading a battery monitor app from the market, i would imagine you have a rouge app thats eating your battery.

I dont quite think its time to sell up yet

Questions are best posted in the Q&A section, you would probably of got a faster response there.

Peace!

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum

The Following User Says Thank You to original_ganjaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]