If your bootloader is unlocked and you flashed a custom recovery, YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE BY ATTEMPTING THE STEPS BELOW!
This method will allow you to apply any ICS or Honeycomb update to your tablet, no matter what the SKU of the update. This makes it possible to switch SKU's (eg. from WW to US) or to downgrade from ICS to Honeycomb. This means non US tablets can install the 220.127.116.11 US version or downgrade to 18.104.22.168 or even Honeycomb if experiencing problems.
- root access
- ADB access
While this process appears to work on everyone's device, you have to assume all risks due to unforeseen circumstances and need to understand there is a risk of bricking your tablet during the update.
Although someone else was successful in downgrading from ICS to Honeycomb, there has been a report of a TFP bootlooping. Everyone else has been successful in downgrading from ICS 22.214.171.124 to ICS 126.96.36.199.
UPDATE: 2 reports so far of tablets bootlooping after downgrading to Honeycomb.
- It's possible OTA updates will not apply when switching SKUs. However, you can always switch back to the proper SKU once an update is available.
- The Honeycomb update may wipe all data so ensure a full backup of apps & data is performed (eg. by using Titanium Backup)
- It's not recommended to restore "system" data using Titanium Backup when changing between Android versions
- When downgrading to a previous version of ICS, "Launcher" will force close requiring to wipe Launcher data in the Apps menu.
- Voodoo Rootkeeper may not be able to restore root after updating to 188.8.131.52.
- The "blob" file is contained within a ZIP file contained within the downloaded ZIP file.
- Download one of the updates (eg. US_epaduser9_4_2_13UpdateLauncher.zip) from here: http://support.asus.com/download.asp...2&hashedid=n/a (older firmwares are available at the end of this post)
- Extract files from within zip
- Extract files again from the extracted zip
- Copy extracted "blob" file to root of folder of the removable Micro SD card or some other folder
- Through ADB shell or Terminal Emulator, run the following: (May take from 5 to 20 minutes)
Code:su dd if=/Removable/MicroSD/blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
- If copying the "blob" file to the SD card in the keyboard dock, use: dd if=/Removable/SD/blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
- If copying it to the internal memory, use: dd if=/sdcard/blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
- Reboot only if the following is displayed:1068769+1 records in
1068769+1 records out
547210197 bytes transferred in 153.991 secs (3553520 bytes/sec)
- Update process will automatically launch
- OPTIONAL: Once booted up, root device by using Mempodroid Root or some other method that supports the new version.
Older FirmwaresRemember to hit the Thanks button!
- Check out this thread by cky2000 for some links to older firmwares: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23872834