Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Game Emulators?

Tip us?

DNak206
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Best Game Emulators?

Just wondering what emulators you guys recommend ? Used to use Nesoid for my DX and my wii controller and loved it. Would prefer to use an Xbox controller but not sure if that's possible. Thanks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium
"iDon't"

Daily: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Rooted - Stock) - back to old faithful!

Galaxy S4 (Clean ROM 1.5 r2) - SOLD!
Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (stock)
HP TouchPad (CM9/ICS)
iPad2 (debating jailbreak)
[Retired] HTC "OG" Thunderbolt - Droid X - Touch Pro2 - Touch Pro1 - Samsungi760
Seattle, WA

jeep447
Old
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNak206 View Post
Just wondering what emulators you guys recommend ? Used to use Nesoid for my DX and my wii controller and loved it. Would prefer to use an Xbox controller but not sure if that's possible. Thanks.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium
Hey just saw your post and thought I'd mention the one I've been using because I use them pretty often. I was a big nesoid fan until I recently found NES EMU on the Market. I can't think of the guys name off hand but he also has one for Sega, neo geo, colleco, and some others I'm forgetting. Anyway they are extremely well made and compatible with Bluetooth controllers so I definitely recommend them. I'm not sure about using an Xbox controller, but I know you can use a ps3 controller with the app called Sixaxis Controller by Dancing Pixel Studios. I set up touch profiles for MC3, Shadowgun, and Gta 3, and it's almost like having a portable console! I played through and beat MC3 with my ps3 controller and the controls are almost flawless. I'd also recommend fpse for PlayStation games and n64oid for Nintendo 64 games.
When life throws you a curveball at least it wasn't death pitching. It could ALWAYS be worse

DNak206
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Awesome man thanks, can you load and save games?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
"iDon't"

HP TouchPad (CM9/ICS)
[Retired] HTC "OG" Thunderbolt - Droid X - Touch Pro2 - Touch Pro1 - Samsungi760
Seattle, WA

jeep447
Old
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNak206 View Post
Awesome man thanks, can you load and save games?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
Hey sorry it took so long but yes you can save and load games. You can even set it to auto-save and you can access it all with a ps3 controller if you're using one. I'm impressed with the overall setup on all of his emulators. Hope it works out for ya man cause they are definitely my new favorites. I've also been messing around with the touch profiles in the Sixaxis Controller app, and if you have a ps3 controller hooked up you have to try Modern Combat 3 with it. I think it's a great game and nothing beats playing it with a ps3 controller because it's just like playing on a console! Let me know if ya need help setting up the touch profiles cause I can send ya the one I made. I've got all of the controls set up just like it's a ps3 first person shooter!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
When life throws you a curveball at least it wasn't death pitching. It could ALWAYS be worse

chinkster
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Where to get game rom's? What app? Thanks

HP Touchpad - CM9a2

chinkster
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Can u post the controller profile?

HP Touchpad - CM9a2

DNak206
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkster View Post
Where to get game rom's? What app? Thanks

HP Touchpad - CM9a2
I think the former Apps like ROM Gripper (or was it ROM Grabber?) have gone away due to copyright and legal reasons. You can search for Emulator ROMs pretty easily though, I found one with one search.
"iDon't"

HP TouchPad (CM9/ICS)
Seattle, WA

jeep447
Old
(Last edited by jeep447; 6th March 2012 at 05:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkster View Post
Can u post the controller profile?

HP Touchpad - CM9a2
Hey just saw your post..Yeah I'll upload it in a minute along with a couple of screenshots of the control setup on MC3. If you have any questions setting it up just let me know. I was going to attempt to post a walk through but I never got around to it. I'll try to post everything shortly

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

jeep447
Old
(Last edited by jeep447; 13th March 2012 at 05:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 732
I just made this a different topic so I removed it to free up space on yours
The Following User Says Thank You to jeep447 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ponyboy82
Old
Thanks Meter 57
That's pretty sweet. I may have to pick up a PS3 controller. Is there anything like this for the Wiimote (or Wiimote + Classic Controller)?