Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Aurora ICS 4.0.4 for u8800 - Version 5.0 update 20

Tip us?

d3xtr0
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Even with fresh install and with the new kernel installed my camara still doesn't work, the app starts but doesn't react to touch and force closes after.

It's the only problem here.
Btw, still the good work dzo

nerusonu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3xtr0 View Post
Even with fresh install and with the new kernel installed my camara still doesn't work, the app starts but doesn't react to touch and force closes after.

Camera works fine here, sharper than ever i think.
Galaxy Nexus 4.1.1

Huawei Ideos X5(U8800)---Dead
Aurora ICS By DZO(2.10)

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerusonu View Post
But if i'm not mistaken that feature was on the 2.3.5 huawei update, and know for a fact that in other devices(xperia mini pro stock rom) and other Rom's for ours that is working. The problem here is that i go to accounts and click add FB account and nothing hapens, simply return to accounts. I'm pretty sure that that's were the problem is .
Facebook sync isn't supported in ics officially because of stupid feud between both companies, you need a 3rd party app for that, like friendcaster or haxsync.

You can read more about it here (this is old but still relevant):

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/22/g...id-only-nexus/
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.
The Following User Says Thank You to fjsferreira For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kapa_pt
Old
(Last edited by kapa_pt; 25th April 2012 at 07:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira View Post
That's up to facebook, has nothing to do with Aurora I'm afraid...

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Yes, when we have a lot of problems that most everyone else doesn't have, it's probably our own install, so better do a clean installation (wipe data and both caches). This is especially relevant if you're coming from other ROM's. Only when updating between aurora builds we should be safe without wiping.

The recovery is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qdn2mu6faux5kw/recovery.img
i'm upgrading aurora... i only had 2.2 then 2.3.5 & aurora.. =) only updates, and i always do wipe cache/dalvik upgrading.. only in 2.10 i had problems...

that cwm is better?

i was using that cwm already... so i'll just wait for one update by dzo
Phone: Huawei x5 U8800
Screen: Synaptics
ROM: Latest Aurora ICS, by DZO
Kernel: Latest 3.0.8 by DZO
-------------------------------------
how to get apn portugal working on u8800 ICS:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1565791

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 873
Quote:

It's normal that it doesn't work at first, I have that too, but it eventually works and then that doesn't happen anymore. When it says "app not responding: wait or close?" make sure to close it and try again, It will work. If it never does, clear data from camera app.

nerusonu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Facebook sync isn't supported in ics officially because of stupid feud between both companies, you need a 3rd party app for that, like friendcaster or haxsync.

You can read more about it here (this is old but still relevant):

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/22/g...id-only-nexus/
Oh so it's an ICS(OS) thing then not ROM... Ok thanks.
Galaxy Nexus 4.1.1

Huawei Ideos X5(U8800)---Dead
Aurora ICS By DZO(2.10)

M1ST4K3
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
But if i'm not mistaken that feature was on the 2.3.5 huawei update, and know for a fact that in other devices(xperia mini pro stock rom) and other Rom's for ours that is working. The problem here is that i go to accounts and click add FB account and nothing hapens, simply return to accounts. I'm pretty sure that that's were the problem is .
From another thread: (http://goo.gl/re226)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_skittles View Post
Nope, the issue is between Google and Facebook, so we won't see contact sync fixed until Google and Facebook make an agreement or until a custom ROM fixes is. I forget the whole story, but I think Facebook doesn't use Android's contact API so when you sync Facebook contacts with your phone they all stay with Facebook and aren't stored locally on the phone. If you uninstall Facebook all your Facebook contacts go to. Google doesn't like that FB doesn't let you control and keep your FB data on your phone so they revoked Facebooks access to the API.

EDIT: heres an article about it: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/22/g...id-only-nexus/
Anyway, a bit of research doesn't kill anyone, and it's pretty healthy IMO. Search arround the web, there are ways to bypass this, like http://goo.gl/ZqZg7 (I didn't try it! I'm in no way responsible for what you do with that info...)

Huawei Ideos x5 U8800
ASUS Transformer 32GBs TF101

d3xtr0
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Camera works fine here, sharper than ever i think.
With previous version worked really good.

Quote:
It's normal that it doesn't work at first, I have that too, but it eventually works and then that doesn't happen anymore. When it says "app not responding: wait or close?" make sure to close it and try again, It will work. If it never does, clear data from camera app.
I've already did that, doesn't work. With previous version I had no problem at all.. well hope my phone like the next version lol

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 873
Quote:
With previous version worked really good.

I've already did that, doesn't work. With previous version I had no problem at all.. well hope my phone like the next version lol
Well, I don't have that problem... the phone is the same, the ROM and kernel are the same, should work... can you try with another sdcard? Maybe camera is having problems trying to write to the card, I don't know... but I assure camera is working fine, can anyone else confirm camera works in 2.10?

Sent from my U8800

kapa_pt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
to get camera work right, delete data from the app camera
after do that, the camera will work fine!
Phone: Huawei x5 U8800
Screen: Synaptics
ROM: Latest Aurora ICS, by DZO
Kernel: Latest 3.0.8 by DZO
-------------------------------------
how to get apn portugal working on u8800 ICS:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1565791

Tags
android 4, aurora, huawei ideos x5, ics, u8800