It's works, on my RAZR XT910 Asia, SEAOP.
I am using GNU/Linux and this how I re-ROOT
my RAZR back.
Note: Only for advanced and know what todo users. Actually this is for anyone who knows how to use adb or fastboot, either in GNU/Linux, OSX or Windows.
1) I already installed the adb and fastboot in $PATH.
2) Extract the motofail exploit
3) cd /to/motofail
4) $ adb push motofail /data/local/.
5) $ adb shell 'chmod 755 /data/local/motofail'
6) $ adb shell '/data/local/motofail exploit'
7) $ adb reboot
8) $ adb remount
9) $ adb push su /system/xbin/.
9a) $ adb shell 'chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su'
10) $ adb shell '/data/local/motofail clean; reboot'
11) Install Superuser from Market.
If you already rooted your RAZR, but had been removed by OTA, you can skip step 9) to re-ROOT your RAZR.
Note and suggestion: DO NOT push Superuser.apk to /system/app . It is wise to INSTALL from Market or do $ adb install -r Superuser.apk
. Better to remove /system/app/Superuser.apk before reinstall the Superuser.apk from Market or adb : $ adb shell 'rm /system/app/Superuser.apk'
You can remove the motofail later;
$ adb shell 'rm /data/local/motofail'
You can read run.bat to see the commands involved.