Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[2013.04.11][2.3.1+] USB Host Diagnostics v1.3

Tip us?

emelie
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hey chainfire, thanks for your work on this!
As always much appreciated!

Only one thing: would be great if you could make the headers of the results table clickable to have the table sorted by e.g. Report count or fingerprint.
Tablet: Kindle Fire
running on CM 9 2012-02-19 | recovery: TWRP 2.0 | kernel: intersectRaven's 20120216_1740

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S I9000
running on Rom Kitchen.XXJVT (Android 2.3.5) | kernel powered by SpeedMod Gingerbread K16-11

NoOne00
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Works nice - DHD ics - but when i plug in cable phone enter into "car mode" and cant end test

ragepekr
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Great app!
Thabk you!!

Sent from my SHW-M250S using XDA App

Reb0rn
Old
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
works very well on! Great initiative! Sent my info...
Phone: Sony Xperia z2 16GB White
History: Too long to rabble here...

JeremyGuan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Will "NO" candidates have the chance to revive this USB OTG function?

abrarabbu
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
On Arc?
It supports USB using few modules but its said that it will damage the port...

May be live dock can help
SAMSUNG

Omya
Old
Thanks Meter 20
will dis work on moto defy ?

vomitian
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default automatic removed thumb drive

Great job.
When I start it, it detech my thumb drive, but then it said my SD card is remove or demage and cannot read. Same problem after reboot. I am using GS2 @XXLPB.

bpxssj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default High Speed supported?

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I'm going to write drivers for high speed usb devices.
I would like to know if USB Host Diagnostics v1.2 supports detection of high speed.
I mean, I found some hardware with USB 2.0 but they didn't support high speed (480 mb/s) transfers in host mode. Does USB Host Diagnostics v1.2 check for this issue?

I have another question... I would like to buy a TF201 to start writing software for USB devices; is anyone aware if it supports high speed USB transfers? How fast is USB on this device? And in other Android devices?

Thank you so much in advance!
Giorgio

bsnguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No answer for ten days.

I have the same issue. The Samsung Galaxy S2 with the latest two ICS builds (the "official" release as well as the leaked one previous to that) seem to not work with my high-speed hardware, now (the early February release DID work). Flash drives and such work so I know the port is, physically, OK.

This is an important test. Can it be done? Somewhere the system needs to know and I would hope report if the port is in full- or high-speed mode.

And if anyone from Samsung is listening... fix that damn phone! The Nexus works (4.0.2), great, but you broke the S2.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpxssj View Post
Hi,

I have another question... I would like to buy a TF201 to start writing software for USB devices; is anyone aware if it supports high speed USB transfers? How fast is USB on this device? And in other Android devices?
I would think so. I don't know of a tablet that does not. If looking for a phone, the Galaxy Nexus works in high-speed (about 160 Mb/s from my tests). be aware that you may not get the full 400 Mb/s bandwidth with these resource constrained devices.