Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Currents - another killer app

OP mickliq

12th February 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 86

811 posts
More
I live in Canada so can't download Currents from the Market, but you can easily find an .apk with a quick Google search.

Currents is exactly the killer app I was looking for to read my Reader streams. I love Flipboard on the iPad and this is its equivalent for Android tablets. It's extremely smooth and looks awesome on the GT 7.7.

This makes all the difference!!!
13th February 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

810 posts
I agree currents is a pretty great app. It seems a little aggressive on the data and battery use but that can be manually stopped. It can make almost any article based site look good and the sites that have custom made currents look great.
14th February 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 86

811 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7

I agree currents is a pretty great app. It seems a little aggressive on the data and battery use but that can be manually stopped. It can make almost any article based site look good and the sites that have custom made currents look great.

I have it set-up for 6-hour intervals. My GT is WiFi only but I left it on all day (sporadic use to be honest) with syncing Email/Calendar, Twitter, FB in background (as well as Currents...) and it only consumed 25% in over 10 hours.
15th February 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

12 posts
i couldn't agree more. one of the few apps on my homescreen!
15th February 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag The Windy City
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Now we're talking!
Superb app! Marvellous to encounter a slick purpose built tablet app, and looks phenomenal on the 7.7.

Guaranteed recipe to wow your mates - 7.7 + Currents + 500px. Job done.
Last edited by jakenz; 15th February 2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Premature posting. Hit enter key by mistake. Doh!
16th February 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 187

81 posts
Donate to Me
My only issue with google currents is the "500px magazine" (photos). When you click on one of the photos, then swiping to next/previous photo is not responsive at all most probably is because it waits for the next/previous photo to be loaded
21st February 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Hey, do you get the pictures of + 500px in G. Currents in full screen? I can only see them in the upper left corner, about 50% size of the screen ...
26th February 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
Google Currents Bug
I seem to have an issue, which no one else mentioned here (or anywhere else on the web yet). I used Google Currents on Asus Transformer with no problems, but same app on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 does not display the articles properly, there is a overlapping column on the right side (as seen on the picture). I have tried all the possible settings, small/medium/large font...the problem remains. Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause and solution??? Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picanom-picture-02_2012-02-26.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	919972   Click image for larger version

Name:	picanom-picture-03_2012-02-26.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	919979  
Last edited by a_hadada; 26th February 2012 at 01:54 AM.
26th February 2012, 10:00 AM   |  #9  
Flag Carlisle
Thanks Meter: 1

74 posts
More
I find Feedly better to be honest.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using XDA Premium App
28th February 2012, 11:25 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompet

I find Feedly better to be honest.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using XDA Premium App

Ok, good for you, but does anyone have any idea whats wrong with my google curretns app to come up like this???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread