got it, and thanks. Did read the tutorials... almost all of them. Had to go to google to figure out CWM. I thought that when i transfered your file to the card that CWM would automatically start or something..... it didn't.
Once I figured out how to get that on a card, added your file, and i am good to go now.
Love it very much, thank you for taking the time to do this, and being so helpful in this forum (which I read almost all the way through!)
I did have a couple of odds and ends questions regarding the new setup.
1. go launcher ex and go locker are options when you hit the "N" button. But both seem to do the same thing. is this normal?
2. The other third party launcher, i forget the name, just brings up an overlay. I got rid of it. Even that took some doing. This is my first foray into an Android environment, but the little pullout from the right and side remains. Can i get rid of this some how?
3. I made go launcher ex the default. Go locker is still in the apps section. should i delete it like i did the other third party app (task xp?, i believe)
4. I never did figure out how to backup using titanium, as i had no way to install it. was there a way from a un rooted 1.4 state?
5. I have a few apk files that i had side loaded before the update screwed that up for me. can those be added too? I am sure they can, just not sure how to go about it. I looked briefly on line, but by that time i was burned out from messing with this thing.
6. when i set it up, i entered my gmail info because i needed to put apps on it. This is my daughter's nook. I figured i would change the account info later. Now it will not let me. when i go to the hidden settings app and try to unlink it says it is needed for some apps and i need to delete the account from the privacy settings in the settings app. There is no privacy settings that i can find in the settings app
anyway, thank you for the help!
2. I don't know what you are referring about in this one, if you could post a screenshot (N + Volume Down) i could tell.
3. As i mentioned before the Go locker is a custom locker app if you don't want it then remove it but if you want a custom locker to play with then you need to configure it to work with Go launcher i think. TaskXP is useful to access the latest used app and more quickly.
4. Titanium backup requires root to work
5. Put the apk's withing a folder in your sdcard (e.g: downloads) then use a file explorer to navigate to /sdcard/downloads and tap on each of the apps you copied to install them.
6. There is quick trick for this one. Replace the framework-res.apk from /system/framework/framework-res.apk. You can do it by using adb tool or replacing manually using root explorer preferably (because of the change owner settings), i highly recommend you setup adb (you never know when you're going to need it) is a must have for unbrick your device too.
If you read my FAQ you will know where to look for set up ADB.
a. Open NT Hidden settings and tap on the ADB hack, that will let you use "adb remount" command which mounts partitions from "ro" to "rw" like /system in order to push files over
b. Unzip the stock rom .zip in your PC, navigate to system/framework/ folder and copy framework-res.apk to C:\ntroot folder (where adb tools should be) then plug your device to PC, open command line (CMD) on windows and run:
> adb devices
> adb remount
> adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework
> adb reboot
Once your device reboot all the accounts set up previously will be gone and you will be able to add your daughter's google account first, then you can add yours if you want to. Second google account can be removed easily, primary not.