Post Reply

[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

OP lavero.burgos

6th May 2012, 06:14 AM   |  #131  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I flashed the ROM using CWM but am having an issue. After the device booted I was going through the registration (I chose the ROM with B&N apps). On the screen where it asks for the Wi-Fi to use my local wifi is stuck on "Connected, testing" My laptop and phone aren't having any issues connecting to the same WiFi so I'm not sure what happened to the Nook. It worked before I flashed the ROM but I don't mean that to sound like the ROM did something to the Nook's WiFi.

Tomorrow I'll take it someplace else to connect to a different WiFi in hopes I can get over the hump. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Last edited by rwischer; 6th May 2012 at 11:25 PM.
6th May 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #132  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I stared from scratch (reimaged, rooted and backed up) and got the same thing. I also noticed that on the bottom of the page there is a b-bind error message.

I'm baffled. I can restore from my backup image though and everything works OK.

Any advice with what I am doing wrong with installing the ROM would be appreciated.
7th May 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #133  
lavero.burgos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 1,315
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwischer

I stared from scratch (reimaged, rooted and backed up) and got the same thing. I also noticed that on the bottom of the page there is a b-bind error message.

I'm baffled. I can restore from my backup image though and everything works OK.

Any advice with what I am doing wrong with installing the ROM would be appreciated.

Do you have 8GB or 16GB model?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
7th May 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #134  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavero.burgos

Do you have 8GB or 16GB model?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

16GB. I solved the problem. In the initial post there were two links to download the zip files (B&N or non-B&N). I thought each link would go to a different page for the individual zips but finally realized that no matter which link I click it goes to the same page. So, I was downloading the non B&N zip and then attempting to register. After downloading the B&N zip I was good to go. Almost...

The issue I have now if that I can't see my SI magazine subscriptions. They show up in My Stuff > Everything Else (i.e. Content not Supported on this Device). All the books I bought are OK. I tried managing the subscription and moving to Archive and then back to active (no go). If I revert to my saved backup (i.e. the 1.4.0 root) the magazines are readible. Any ideas?

Also, I noticed that in Device Info > About Your Nook that the software version is 1.0.0. Does this mean that it isn't OTA blocked? I know the trick to make it 9.9.9 and am wondering if this should be done.
Last edited by rwischer; 7th May 2012 at 04:13 AM.
7th May 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #135  
Cubanluke88's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 316
 
1,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwischer

Also, I noticed that in Device Info > About Your Nook that the software version is 1.0.0. Does this mean that it isn't OTA blocked? I know the trick to make it 9.9.9 and am wondering if this should be done.

Correct

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk
7th May 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #136  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
So if the ROM here is a 1.4.0 and I was coming from a rooted 1.4.0 how did it get to 1.0.0? Water under the bridge now but I'm curious.

More important than how I got to 1.0.0 is getting back to the correct version. Should I:
1) Do a CWM restore of Indirect's 1.4.0 version that I saved a backup?
2) Reflash the 1.4.0 B&N.zip from this thread?
3) Load the acclaim_update.zip to restore?
4) Other? (Is there another way to get back to the correct version)?

Thanks
Last edited by rwischer; 7th May 2012 at 11:06 PM.
7th May 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #137  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Well, I tried I tried option 2 (reflash the B&N app from this thread) and the version is still 1.0.0 and I still can't see my SI magazines.

I then restored the Indirect 1.4.0 version I had backed up and then the magazines were accessible. I think the fact that I can't see then is tied to the version. I can't see any other reason why I'd be able to see them using the B&N app using via Indirect's 1.4.0 root method vs the ribbon ROM here.

Should the version be 1.0.0 after flashing this zip? If so any ideas on what I might be able to do to be able to use this zip and also be able to read my magazine subs?
7th May 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #138  
lavero.burgos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 1,315
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwischer

Well, I tried I tried option 2 (reflash the B&N app from this thread) and the version is still 1.0.0 and I still can't see my SI magazines.

I then restored the Indirect 1.4.0 version I had backed up and then the magazines were accessible. I think the fact that I can't see then is tied to the version. I can't see any other reason why I'd be able to see them using the B&N app using via Indirect's 1.4.0 root method vs the ribbon ROM here.

Should the version be 1.0.0 after flashing this zip? If so any ideas on what I might be able to do to be able to use this zip and also be able to read my magazine subs?

Clear data of device manager app, reboot and check again. Ota block is applied to that app.

~ Veronica

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
8th May 2012, 12:07 AM   |  #139  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
No go. I went back to CWM and deleted Dalvik cache, user cache and reflashed the zip. As soon as the device rebooted I check my magazines and they were in the "Unsupported" folder (all books were OK). The version # is 1.0.0.

For the recorded I'm not saying that the device updated on its own (i.e. it wasn't blocked). I was simply speculating since I assumed the version would be 9.9.9 or 1.4.0. Since I've reflashed and checked the version immediately and can see its 1.0.0 I can see that it isn't updating.

It seems like either the B&N app differs from Indirect's or they are the same but the fact that the version is 1.0.0 causes the magazine subs to be unsupported.
8th May 2012, 03:23 AM   |  #140  
lavero.burgos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 1,315
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwischer

No go. I went back to CWM and deleted Dalvik cache, user cache and reflashed the zip. As soon as the device rebooted I check my magazines and they were in the "Unsupported" folder (all books were OK). The version # is 1.0.0.

For the recorded I'm not saying that the device updated on its own (i.e. it wasn't blocked). I was simply speculating since I assumed the version would be 9.9.9 or 1.4.0. Since I've reflashed and checked the version immediately and can see its 1.0.0 I can see that it isn't updating.

It seems like either the B&N app differs from Indirect's or they are the same but the fact that the version is 1.0.0 causes the magazine subs to be unsupported.

Did you do what I mentioned before ? I did not say wipe cache and dalvik cache, clear data and cache if any of device manager app.

PS: Is better if you upgrade to 1.4.2 I posted the link few pages ago.

Sent from my NookTablet using xda premium
Last edited by lavero.burgos; 8th May 2012 at 03:26 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.4.0, nook tablet, ribbon, rom, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes