Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Tip us?

rwischer
Old
(Last edited by rwischer; 8th May 2012 at 09:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Understand. I'm getting a check sum of 70cbb8d58d3680b648030cbcee1daa78 so something went wrong with the download. I'll try to download the 1.4.2 again, reflash and see what I get.

P.S. The checksum on the 1.4.0 file was correct. So there's still something going on there that prevents all B&N content from being available.

jfg69
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavero.burgos View Post
Just click where it says this file does not exist or in unavailable and it will take you to the NT_stock_1.4.2_Ribbon_Root_B&N.zip, all the roms i post are in the sme folder so is the same file. The md5: c4b9740fc642f9f83971bb0e7c6120bf

That notification is a bug of minus.com

http://minus.com/mwIltnw1I/5l

~ Veronica
I had the same issue with the md5. If i can manage to get an md5 matching download, i will host it on my server with a direct link.
~=|:|Hey Sprint, where the f*ck is my 4G?|:|=~

rwischer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just tried to download again and got the exact same checksum of 70cbb8d58d3680b648030cbcee1daa78.

What are the odds of twice getting a check sum that doesn't match what it is supposed to be yet both downloads are identical?

jfg69
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwischer View Post
Just tried to download again and got the exact same checksum of 70cbb8d58d3680b648030cbcee1daa78.

What are the odds of twice getting a check sum that doesn't match what it is supposed to be yet both downloads are identical?
Well, my download matched the md5 of your download, so I'm thinking there's an issue somewhere.. Veronica, can you verify your MD5?

yygadget
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem as the others boot loop

lavero.burgos
Old
(Last edited by lavero.burgos; 9th May 2012 at 09:23 PM.) Reason: re-upload of 1.4.2
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,308

DONATE TO ME
OK I'll have to re- upload the file then. Will do soon

Edit: re-uploading to ftp server thanks to @jfg69

Edit2: UP! check again: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=128

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
2014 I am no longer active at XDA nor have an Android Smartphone or Tablet |

If i helped you please hit
button -
Your files everywhere! Get dropbox 2GB+250mb free: http://db.tt/9DHo4Gi

VIDEO TUTORIALS
My XDA FTP Folder ~ GDrive Folder ~ My XDA Threads

jfg69
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavero.burgos View Post
OK I'll have to re- upload the file then. Will do soon

Edit: re-uploading to ftp server thanks to @jfg69

Edit2: UP! check again: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=128

Corrected link: dl via http.. NT_stock_1.4.2_Ribbon_Root_B&N.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to jfg69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rwischer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I downloaded from the new link and the MD5 matched (also downloaded MUCH faster!). I loaded the zip and it worked for the most part.

When it initially booted it did not give me the option of which launcher I wanted and defaulted to the stock Nook launcher. So I rebooted and then it did give me the option and I selected Go Launcher. All looked good. However after going into options to check the version number it reverted back to the Nook launcher when I exited.

Also, after boot a message popped up and disappeared pretty quickly. It said "The Application Nook Unroot process.indirect.com unroot..." and then went away before I could read everything but it was a failure. The version shows as 1.4.2. So I'm guessing that both because of the failed unroot application and that the version is 1.4.2 that I am currently not blocked. I could try to OTA block using restore Dev Mrg via Titanium method which will set the version to 9.9.9 but I'm guessing that I'll still get the failed root app message everytime I boot.

I WAS able to see all my B&N material. Nice!

Looks like we're almost there but I'm sure this worked on your Nook Veronica so I don't know why mine failed.

EDIT: Just recalled something. I did not clear user data and dalvik cache before I installed the ROM. After the fact I went back and cleared but as a result of clearing the user data it wants me to register again and I'm no longer around a WiFi. I'll try again and will clear everything and then reinstall the ROM.

lavero.burgos
Old
(Last edited by lavero.burgos; 10th May 2012 at 08:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwischer View Post
I downloaded from the new link and the MD5 matched (also downloaded MUCH faster!). I loaded the zip and it worked for the most part.

When it initially booted it did not give me the option of which launcher I wanted and defaulted to the stock Nook launcher. So I rebooted and then it did give me the option and I selected Go Launcher. All looked good. However after going into options to check the version number it reverted back to the Nook launcher when I exited.

Also, after boot a message popped up and disappeared pretty quickly. It said "The Application Nook Unroot process.indirect.com unroot..." and then went away before I could read everything but it was a failure. The version shows as 1.4.2. So I'm guessing that both because of the failed unroot application and that the version is 1.4.2 that I am currently not blocked. I could try to OTA block using restore Dev Mrg via Titanium method which will set the version to 9.9.9 but I'm guessing that I'll still get the failed root app message everytime I boot.

I WAS able to see all my B&N material. Nice!

Looks like we're almost there but I'm sure this worked on your Nook Veronica so I don't know why mine failed.

EDIT: Just recalled something. I did not clear user data and dalvik cache before I installed the ROM. After the fact I went back and cleared but as a result of clearing the user data it wants me to register again and I'm no longer around a WiFi. I'll try again and will clear everything and then reinstall the ROM.
Yes is always better if you make the wipes , you will not have launcher issues after that. Also unroot app is known to fc but just once I think, the app will work fine. Use the nt hidden settings app that is included with this rom to block ota, but first download all you stuff from B&N servers, then block it.

~ Veronica

2014 I am no longer active at XDA nor have an Android Smartphone or Tablet |

If i helped you please hit
button -
Your files everywhere! Get dropbox 2GB+250mb free: http://db.tt/9DHo4Gi

VIDEO TUTORIALS
My XDA FTP Folder ~ GDrive Folder ~ My XDA Threads

rwischer
Old
(Last edited by rwischer; 11th May 2012 at 12:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Different but still no go.

1) The B&N reader & store are availible in the stock launcher but are missing in from Go Launcher. Is there a way to migrate the app from the stock laumcher?

2) Not as but an issue but annoying. The unroot app force close appears after every reboot.

3) The 'N' key at the bottom reverts the launcher back to the Book default. I think I know why & how to fix this one.

I was sure to clear the user data and cache this time!

Tags
1.4.0, nook tablet, ribbon, rom, stock