XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM9] OpenSensation [OTA / USB-OTG / PDroid]

Tip us?

Spr33y
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldOne91 View Post
I know the capacitive key light issue has been addressed and that auto brightness fixes it, but is there a permanent fix coming along for that at all? The only reason I ask is because it's annoying to have to enable auto brightness for a second every time I reboot my phone
Sure, eventually. But there are much bigger issues that need to be addressed first. See the OP for current major bugs, those are the bugs with the highest priority.
iPhone 3G -> Nokia n97 -> Nokia N900 -> Samsung SGS2 -> HTC Sensation -> HTC One

BobbyHill
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
I know the capacitive key light issue has been addressed and that auto brightness fixes it, but is there a permanent fix coming along for that at all? The only reason I ask is because it's annoying to have to enable auto brightness for a second every time I reboot my phone
I'm probably missing something here, but why not just leave auto-brightness on?

sigmabeta
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I think it is important to let people know this:

Myself and another fellow over in the Sensation unbricking thread have had an odd issue. We both attempted to format SD cards from within Opensensation, and have both ended up with bricked Sensations after the next reboot.

I don't know what the possible cause of that would be, and Vorbeth I'm certainly not blaming you (I knew what the risks were when I started playing around with this,) however, I think at the very least a "don't format SD cards while using this ROM" warning is probably a good idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to sigmabeta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spr33y
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmabeta View Post

Myself and another fellow over in the Sensation unbricking thread have had an odd issue. We both attempted to format SD cards from within Opensensation, and have both ended up with bricked Sensations after the next reboot.

I don't know what the possible cause of that would be, and Vorbeth I'm certainly not blaming you (I knew what the risks were when I started playing around with this,) however, I think at the very least a "don't format SD cards while using this ROM" warning is probably a good idea.
I'm may be wrong but wouldn't formatting the SD card on any rom be a big no-no considering important ROM files are installed to the SD card?
iPhone 3G -> Nokia n97 -> Nokia N900 -> Samsung SGS2 -> HTC Sensation -> HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to Spr33y For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WyldOne91
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyHill View Post
I'm probably missing something here, but why not just leave auto-brightness on?
I just really don't like auto brightness personally

gbzbar
Old
Thanks Meter 381

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr33y View Post
I'm may be wrong but wouldn't formatting the SD card on any rom be a big no-no considering important ROM files are installed to the SD card?
No, there are no important ROM files on the SD card. The phone can be run just fine without an SD card at all.
The "bricking" of the phones (if they are truly bricked) could have something to do with the ROM incorrectly identifying the partition that needs to be formatted and formatting the boot partition or system partition (completely recoverable, btw) or something. That's just a guess, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to gbzbar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alvaradorocks
Old
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmabeta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr33y View Post
I can tell you right now, that what you guys did is considered a BIG NO! on the custom rom scene. By formatting SD via the rom itself you are asking it to run certain scripts that are in no way finished for cm9. These scripts come from AOSP and there is a reason why it is recommended to go to recovery and format there.
You have been warned.
Also, FYI, I'm not so sure that was a brick. Were you able to get back to the bootloader after format, if so, I can already see what that format did.
Use the button!
Personal Site - Business Site - GitHub - Facebook - Twitter
Help a dev help you, donate towards Vorbeth's laptop.
Don't drop this box.

Devices:
HTC Sensation 4G
HTC HD7 <- Keep it for a week
Motorola Xoom <- Replaced Tribe
Toshiba Tribe <- Returned it
Samsung Galaxy Tab <- Can't be bricked
Motorola Milestone <- Ran'ed over, still works
Motorola Droid <- MAXXPRO ate it on tour

geoffcorey
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
I just really don't like auto brightness personally
Not to sound like a dick, but if there is an issue that bothers you that isn't high on the priority list, you're more than welcome to submit patches and fixes...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
"If we amplify everything, nothing is heard."

alvaradorocks
Old
Thanks Meter 62

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbzbar View Post
No, there are no important ROM files on the SD card. The phone can be run just fine without an SD card at all.
The "bricking" of the phones (if they are truly bricked) could have something to do with the ROM incorrectly identifying the partition that needs to be formatted and formatting the boot partition or system partition (completely recoverable, btw) or something. That's just a guess, though.
You are pretty much hitting the mark there.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffcorey View Post
Not to sound like a dick, but if there is an issue that bothers you that isn't high on the priority list, you're more than welcome to submit patches and fixes...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Let it be, some people don't know what a development thread for a rom is, much less participate at actually fixing the major issues instead of asking to fix this annoyance here and there.
Use the button!
Personal Site - Business Site - GitHub - Facebook - Twitter
Help a dev help you, donate towards Vorbeth's laptop.
Don't drop this box.

Devices:
HTC Sensation 4G
HTC HD7 <- Keep it for a week
Motorola Xoom <- Replaced Tribe
Toshiba Tribe <- Returned it
Samsung Galaxy Tab <- Can't be bricked
Motorola Milestone <- Ran'ed over, still works
Motorola Droid <- MAXXPRO ate it on tour
The Following User Says Thank You to alvaradorocks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blahbl4hblah
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1621

DONATE TO ME
Most people don't know which kind of thread one is from another but to help development it'd be wise to provide logcats if you run into issues so that the ones who know how to program can see what caused the issue in the first place. Whether it's a bad flash or something that's affecting everything within the rom itself.

For example I had an issue with the camera and I gave a logcat to vorbeth to see if it's fixable or just a bad flash and after I tested a little more it was just a bad flash

To do logcat you need to download android sdk and install adb

Open terminal and do
Adb logcat > logcat.txt

Then go to pastebin.com

And copy the logcat into it and your done
Pretty simple but most, people refuse to do it resulting in longer progress to fix certain things

I am not trying to be rude or here to offend anyone but if you need help give a logcat

Sent from my HTC Sensation
Before you even ask for help, do help yourself and search for it first!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blahbl4hblah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm9, github, htc, ics, opensensation, sensation, source, vorbeth is da new dark knight