Glad you liked
17th February 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #12  
Flag Zielona Gora
Thanks Meter: 12

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

Yo,

It is possible to have (semi-) transparent statusbar on pretty much any theme (default cm7 ones or others) with just a few steps. Although, it depends which launcher you use; I know that it works with ADW [with Wallpaper Hack unchecked] and with GO Launcher [with ~'use High Quality Pictures' option].

If interested, you can go read my 2nd post on this thread. It look awefully long and complicated, but believe me the whole process takes me less than 4-5 minutes now; so give it a shot; you might learn a thing or two in the process...

Cheers.

p.s: I got here looking for recent cm7 nightly builds thread for my gf's blade...still looking...anyone could share a link or two on this. Thx.

Thank you AL, your method works with my FTL launcher very well. Only I had to additionally change transparency of those four .png files (with paint.net I set to 128 instead of standard 255). Now I have status bar transparent!
The Following User Says Thank You to lurkerPL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,339

1,363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerPL

Thank you AL, your method works with my FTL launcher very well. Only I had to additionally change transparency of those four .png files (with paint.net I set to 128 instead of standard 255). Now I have status bar transparent!

Np!

I'm glad that it helped you and thanks for reporting that it works with FTL Launcher. I updated the post and mentioned it there [with a mention to you ].

...since you're a new user on xda: welcome here and don't forget to try the "Thanks" button sometimes hehehe [I feel guilty asking for thanks...]

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #14  
.: Tarxien :.
Thanks Meter: 290

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
this does not work anymore with burgerz 19feb build when you select usb connection to pc it gives an error and statusbar disappears

Error: SystemUI stopped working unexpectedly
21st February 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor

1,363 posts
More
Sorry Rapier07: I don't want to highjack your thread here but I truly believe that you should bring some changes to the OP and here's why:

I do not believe that those patches (or mods like you've called them) will work on each and every cm7 builds.

To my knowledge, those 'mods' were most likely created from a tool like this one from ZduneX25 --> and that in turns, requires the CM7 build's specific SystemUI.apk and Framework-res.apk. So any change to either of those two files would render the patches useless.

Different CM7 releases, nightly builds or Kangs are most likely to have some changes to the two files mentioned above. So unless you clearly state in the OP which exact rom those patches have been designed for or tested on, you really should point people to the tool, the UOT Kitchen or even the 'manual' method of editing the systemUI.apk that I've mentioned here a few posts back instead. Otherwise, this thread will soon become a mess of horror stories...
- just like this one -which I will go and refer to this exact post next...

Cheers.

/AL
Last edited by [] AL []; 21st February 2012 at 06:20 PM.
21st February 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
It looks so good!
The Following User Says Thank You to Palastochas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #17  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 544

1,890 posts
More
@Al
I'm aware about whatever you said there. The zips i posted works for all kang variations before 19th feb. I will keep on updating this as the builds progress. Just couldn't get a hold of the latest build as my Laptop broke.

Also i can point people to the tools as you said but just have a look around the forum and see how many people are struggling to get it working.
21st February 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #18  
.: Tarxien :.
Thanks Meter: 290

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
will be waiting for the new versions mate
22nd February 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor

1,363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier07

@Al
I'm aware about whatever you said there. The zips i posted works for all kang variations before 19th feb. I will keep on updating this as the builds progress. Just couldn't get a hold of the latest build as my Laptop broke.

Also i can point people to the tools as you said but just have a look around the forum and see how many people are struggling to get it working.

OK, I'm not trying to argue here but I'd just like to ask you a honnest question so bare with me please...

You're saying that your mod should work on every cm7 rom made before Feb19th including builds from burgerz, sej, burstlam and any other kangs?

The fact that it no longer work since that date; isn't that the proof that the two files I mentioned changed and that they most likely were different in the past??

Anyway, fine if it works and that I'm mistaken but I think it was a fair warning. I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Cheers.
22nd February 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #20  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 544

1,890 posts
More
Hehe. No arguments and proving wrong brother i'll update the OP about builds i know it works on

The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread