i made a step-by-step tutorial to create this mod..
So everyone in here could make it for themself,
and make your job easier, to not to create every builds requested
If you want, you could quote this to the 1st post.
Make sure you have JRE installed on your system
Download and install JRE first
* Download JRE 64 bit for 64 bit system *
- Get your original framework-res.apk file from /system/framework/framework-res.apk
- Use adb pull, or just simply take it from inside ROM's zip
- Download the attachment, or this link (APKTool
) (use this APKTool, some APKTools version cannot re-compile)
- Extract APKTool.zip
- In Windows Explorer, press hold Shift and right click APKTool folder
- Choose "Open command window here"
- In command prompt window, type:
apktool d framework-res.apk framework-res-edit
- APK is now decompiled, so now you can edit something, like changing the images or editing XMLs.
- Decompiled APK is on folder "framework-res-edit"
- Go to folder \framework-res-edit\res\values
- There's two file should be edited, bools.xml and dimens.xml
- For bools.xml, find this line, and change it to true, then save.
- For dimens.xml, find this line, and change it to 36 (36 of height, so won't take much space), save.
- Back to the command prompt and then type:
apktool b framework-res-edit
- Just wait, it would take a minutes.. and now APK is re-compiled
if anything goes right, it should be like this screenshot:
on decompile and re-compile command i'm using "framework-edit-res" as an example of folder name,
you could use another folder name, it's your choice.
In this case (editing a framework),
just DO NOT USE a recompiled APK on \framework-res-edit\dist
Use manual method, instead.
Because "resources.arsc" file inside the framework APK should not be compressed at all,
otherwise, you'll get bootloop.
resources.arsc should ONLY be "stored" on archive file, not "compressed".
So, here we go..
- Rename the ORIGINAL framework-res.apk to framework-res.zip
- OPEN it with 7zip or WinRAR, just let the window stay opened
- Go to folder \framework-res-edit\build\apk then delete AndroidManifest.xml file
- Drag "res" folder into 7zip / WinRAR window, so the res folder is now updated
- Drag resources.arsc file into 7zip / WinRAR window, BUT set the compression as "STORE" only
- Now all the files on original framework-res should be updated with the edited one
- Rename framework-res.zip to framework-res.apk.
- You are good to go, use that new framework in your system.
- Use adb push or create update zip to put it on your rom, your choice..
- Make sure wipe cache + wipe dalvik cache after that.