Ask a question

No registration required

Law suits against Asus

OP markd311

13th February 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Looks like a distraught customer in San Francisco is suing Asus. Article is at courthouse news.
13th February 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

551 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markd311

Looks like a distraught customer in San Francisco is suing Asus. Article is at courthouse news.

Thanks for the link........
13th February 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 734

2,545 posts
Donate to Me
So, I was surfing the internets and accidentally came across this almost all white page with a single input box. Above it says something like goo g le or something like that. Wow, it's a search engine! Look what I found!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/02/13/43820.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodintentions For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 42

551 posts
damn he's still worried about the GPS lol there's much worse to worry about now
13th February 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hampshire, England
Thanks Meter: 143

1,418 posts
Donate to Me
More
"Almost immediately after the purchase of his Transformer Prime, plaintiff began to experience significantly reduced GPS performance which rendered the device unreliable and not functional."

I'd really like to see how GPS not working on a tablet (which you don't really need anyway) makes a device not functional.
13th February 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #6  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 250

1,422 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullcat

"Almost immediately after the purchase of his Transformer Prime, plaintiff began to experience significantly reduced GPS performance which rendered the device unreliable and not functional."

I'd really like to see how GPS not working on a tablet (which you don't really need anyway) makes a device not functional.

The GPS device, which was advertised as an included feature of the tablet, is not functional.

I personally could not care less about the GPS and I'll never use it, but it's not fair to pretend that it wasn't important to some people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nyijedi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,046

6,980 posts
More
It won't go anywhere. Money not long enough to hang with Asus..lol
13th February 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 38

436 posts
Quote:

Without GPS he got lost in his house which made him unable to locate his router and get close enough to receive a signal and make wifi usable! Duh! Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey10120 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 444

203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Most likely because google uses a lot of API calls to the internal GPS for their subsystems. Also for a device to be defined as "functional" all parameters and specifications from design must be met.

I can see this case from both sides. On the one side they have told any one whom is having these problems that they will work with them or issue a return. On the other hand the FCC verified the functionality of the tablet as it was and the tablet is sold under false pretences. Sounds like an interesting case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
13th February 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 20

264 posts
The plaintiff would have to argue that GPS functionality is the primary reason for the purchase of his Prime.

The main problem w/ this case is that he knew of this issue before product arrival and did not choose to return it to which he would have to argue that ASUS had perceived that this was something that could be fixed with software, which is not true because ASUS had admitted that hardware was the fault.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread