Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Law suits against Asus

Tip us?

markd311
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Law suits against Asus

Looks like a distraught customer in San Francisco is suing Asus. Article is at courthouse news.

jdbaker82
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by markd311 View Post
Looks like a distraught customer in San Francisco is suing Asus. Article is at courthouse news.
Thanks for the link........

goodintentions
Old
Thanks Meter 732

DONATE TO ME
So, I was surfing the internets and accidentally came across this almost all white page with a single input box. Above it says something like goo g le or something like that. Wow, it's a search engine! Look what I found!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/02/13/43820.htm
Feeling overwhelmed by all these instructions meant for smarties? Well, you're in luck because I've made a Viewsonic G-Tablet For Dummies where all the instructions are dumbed down for dummies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodintentions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdbaker82
Old
Thanks Meter 42
damn he's still worried about the GPS lol there's much worse to worry about now

redbullcat
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
"Almost immediately after the purchase of his Transformer Prime, plaintiff began to experience significantly reduced GPS performance which rendered the device unreliable and not functional."

I'd really like to see how GPS not working on a tablet (which you don't really need anyway) makes a device not functional.
Phone: Google Nexus 4, 16gb. CM10.1.
Tablet: ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 running official CM10.1 nightlies. Waiting for Nexus 7 (2013).

Phone history: Google Nexus One, HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation
Next phone: Moto X or Oppo Find 7 (probably both).

nyijedi
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullcat View Post
"Almost immediately after the purchase of his Transformer Prime, plaintiff began to experience significantly reduced GPS performance which rendered the device unreliable and not functional."

I'd really like to see how GPS not working on a tablet (which you don't really need anyway) makes a device not functional.
The GPS device, which was advertised as an included feature of the tablet, is not functional.

I personally could not care less about the GPS and I'll never use it, but it's not fair to pretend that it wasn't important to some people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nyijedi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,044
It won't go anywhere. Money not long enough to hang with Asus..lol

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

monkey10120
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:

Without GPS he got lost in his house which made him unable to locate his router and get close enough to receive a signal and make wifi usable! Duh! Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey10120 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Loglud
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Most likely because google uses a lot of API calls to the internal GPS for their subsystems. Also for a device to be defined as "functional" all parameters and specifications from design must be met.

I can see this case from both sides. On the one side they have told any one whom is having these problems that they will work with them or issue a return. On the other hand the FCC verified the functionality of the tablet as it was and the tablet is sold under false pretences. Sounds like an interesting case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Current list of devices:
HTC Rezound
Samsung Infuse 4G
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CM10 Nightly
Barns & Noble Nook Tablet - CM9
Transformer TF201 - CM10 Nightly

Current projects:
[Dev] [NARS] [Mac & Linux] Nook Automated Rooting System
CASUAL

Quote:
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Sir Isaac Newton

BUYMECAR
Old
Thanks Meter 20
The plaintiff would have to argue that GPS functionality is the primary reason for the purchase of his Prime.

The main problem w/ this case is that he knew of this issue before product arrival and did not choose to return it to which he would have to argue that ASUS had perceived that this was something that could be fixed with software, which is not true because ASUS had admitted that hardware was the fault.