FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Development for Lumia 900

3,704 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,700
 
By svetius, User Experience Admin on 13th February 2012, 03:25 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th April 2012, 05:05 PM |#11  
ragingclue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1

XDA is not a place to troll. Go to Engadget or The Verge for that please.

Absolutely.
The Following User Says Thank You to ragingclue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
10th April 2012, 07:52 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljwnow

got one already. wp has a long way to go.
and 800*640 is a joke with a screen at this size.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Funny. Other than the marketplace, this phone is in every single way better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced with it. Due to the piece of crap pentile on the Gnex, the resolution difference is only marginally noticeable.

The build quality of the Nokia vs the Galaxy Nexus isn't even a comparison, nor is the polish of the OS. I'm so glad to be back with WP.
10th April 2012, 09:25 PM |#13  
ragingclue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSi08

Funny. Other than the marketplace, this phone is in every single way better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced with it. Due to the piece of crap pentile on the Gnex, the resolution difference is only marginally noticeable.

The build quality of the Nokia vs the Galaxy Nexus isn't even a comparison, nor is the polish of the OS. I'm so glad to be back with WP.

...not to mention the absolute fiasco that was early build screens... I'll take 800x480 over that any day of the week.
10th April 2012, 09:30 PM |#14  
slojko's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSi08

Funny. Other than the marketplace, this phone is in every single way better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced with it. Due to the piece of crap pentile on the Gnex, the resolution difference is only marginally noticeable.

The build quality of the Nokia vs the Galaxy Nexus isn't even a comparison, nor is the polish of the OS. I'm so glad to be back with WP.

people are always hating on the OS, like they want microsoft to rebuild IOS or android for some odd reason.

if you like what IOS offers than buy a iphone. why would microsoft pay developers to rebuild something that already exists.
The Following User Says Thank You to slojko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 10:55 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slojko

people are always hating on the OS, like they want microsoft to rebuild IOS or android for some odd reason.

if you like what IOS offers than buy a iphone. why would microsoft pay developers to rebuild something that already exists.

Precisely. Each OS is different. iOS is great, it's great - solid and smooth - but it's getting dated and needs a bit of an overhaul. Android is an awesome OS, if you don't mind the lag, and lack of general reliability that comes along with it. WP is a fantastic third option. Great aesthetics, the smoothness of iOS, it just needs a better marketplace, which will come with time. iOS has been on the market for 5 years now, and 4 years for Android. WP7 has been on the market for about a year and a half, and is already a very strong competitor. I think that speaks volumes.

Microsoft does something right for the first time in ages, and everyone wants to bash them.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSi08 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2012, 04:13 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Flag Québec city
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1

XDA is not a place to troll. Go to Engadget or The Verge for that please.

Right.
Anyway, trolling about wp7 is a sign of jealousy.
/Troll.

I ordered mine, will have it next monday.
And i have my developer status.
11th April 2012, 06:35 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo

if you're going to lie about having one, at least get the specs of the screen right.

Oh yeah? Am I wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
11th April 2012, 06:37 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boumboqc

Right.
Anyway, trolling about wp7 is a sign of jealousy.
/Troll.

I ordered mine, will have it next monday.
And i have my developer status.

You guys are hilarious. Anyway you cannot deny the crappy screen. Or you are trolling.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
11th April 2012, 06:41 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
That's a straw man argument, obviously.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
11th April 2012, 06:42 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSi08

Precisely. Each OS is different. iOS is great, it's great - solid and smooth - but it's getting dated and needs a bit of an overhaul. Android is an awesome OS, if you don't mind the lag, and lack of general reliability that comes along with it. WP is a fantastic third option. Great aesthetics, the smoothness of iOS, it just needs a better marketplace, which will come with time. iOS has been on the market for 5 years now, and 4 years for Android. WP7 has been on the market for about a year and a half, and is already a very strong competitor. I think that speaks volumes.

Microsoft does something right for the first time in ages, and everyone wants to bash them.

Android has overcome 90% of its old problems in 4.0.4.! What you just said doesn't exist any more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes