Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 50,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Development for Lumia 900

Tip us?

ragingclue
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1 View Post
XDA is not a place to troll. Go to Engadget or The Verge for that please.
Absolutely.
AT&T blows.

SLVR-->OG iPhone-->iPhone 3g-->iPhone 3GS-->HTC Fuze-->N1-->BB 9000-->Craptivate-->SGSII I777-->Surround-->iP4S-->Lumia 900-->SGH-I747-->SGH-I317 / iP5-->Lumia 920-->SGH-I337-->SM-900A-->Lumia 1520

Some others I can't remember as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ragingclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkSi08
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljwnow View Post
got one already. wp has a long way to go.
and 800*640 is a joke with a screen at this size.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Funny. Other than the marketplace, this phone is in every single way better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced with it. Due to the piece of crap pentile on the Gnex, the resolution difference is only marginally noticeable.

The build quality of the Nokia vs the Galaxy Nexus isn't even a comparison, nor is the polish of the OS. I'm so glad to be back with WP.

ragingclue
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSi08 View Post
Funny. Other than the marketplace, this phone is in every single way better than the Galaxy Nexus I replaced with it. Due to the piece of crap pentile on the Gnex, the resolution difference is only marginally noticeable.

The build quality of the Nokia vs the Galaxy Nexus isn't even a comparison, nor is the polish of the OS. I'm so glad to be back with WP.
...not to mention the absolute fiasco that was early build screens... I'll take 800x480 over that any day of the week.
AT&T blows.

SLVR-->OG iPhone-->iPhone 3g-->iPhone 3GS-->HTC Fuze-->N1-->BB 9000-->Craptivate-->SGSII I777-->Surround-->iP4S-->Lumia 900-->SGH-I747-->SGH-I317 / iP5-->Lumia 920-->SGH-I337-->SM-900A-->Lumia 1520

Some others I can't remember as well.

slojko
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:

people are always hating on the OS, like they want microsoft to rebuild IOS or android for some odd reason.

if you like what IOS offers than buy a iphone. why would microsoft pay developers to rebuild something that already exists.
The Following User Says Thank You to slojko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkSi08
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by slojko View Post
people are always hating on the OS, like they want microsoft to rebuild IOS or android for some odd reason.

if you like what IOS offers than buy a iphone. why would microsoft pay developers to rebuild something that already exists.
Precisely. Each OS is different. iOS is great, it's great - solid and smooth - but it's getting dated and needs a bit of an overhaul. Android is an awesome OS, if you don't mind the lag, and lack of general reliability that comes along with it. WP is a fantastic third option. Great aesthetics, the smoothness of iOS, it just needs a better marketplace, which will come with time. iOS has been on the market for 5 years now, and 4 years for Android. WP7 has been on the market for about a year and a half, and is already a very strong competitor. I think that speaks volumes.

Microsoft does something right for the first time in ages, and everyone wants to bash them.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSi08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boumboqc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx1 View Post
XDA is not a place to troll. Go to Engadget or The Verge for that please.
Right.
Anyway, trolling about wp7 is a sign of jealousy.
/Troll.

I ordered mine, will have it next monday.
And i have my developer status.

ljwnow
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo View Post
if you're going to lie about having one, at least get the specs of the screen right.
Oh yeah? Am I wrong?

ljwnow
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by boumboqc View Post
Right.
Anyway, trolling about wp7 is a sign of jealousy.
/Troll.

I ordered mine, will have it next monday.
And i have my developer status.
You guys are hilarious. Anyway you cannot deny the crappy screen. Or you are trolling.

JonnieLasVegas
Old
Thanks Meter 21
That's a straw man argument, obviously.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

ljwnow
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Precisely. Each OS is different. iOS is great, it's great - solid and smooth - but it's getting dated and needs a bit of an overhaul. Android is an awesome OS, if you don't mind the lag, and lack of general reliability that comes along with it. WP is a fantastic third option. Great aesthetics, the smoothness of iOS, it just needs a better marketplace, which will come with time. iOS has been on the market for 5 years now, and 4 years for Android. WP7 has been on the market for about a year and a half, and is already a very strong competitor. I think that speaks volumes.

Microsoft does something right for the first time in ages, and everyone wants to bash them.
Android has overcome 90% of its old problems in 4.0.4.! What you just said doesn't exist any more.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe