Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BGR just trashed the AT&T Note!!

Tip us?

ultravorx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Unhappy BGR just trashed the AT&T Note!!

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/13/samsun...hone-ive-seen/

Im kind of at a loss for words on this one.

Yes, it is a large phone
Yes, it is not inteded for the general population

but there is no need to hammer it for its size. The size is what makes it unique and functional! Cant wait to get my carbon blue on friday and prove them wrong!!

Frank

LiquidArrogance
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I like how everyone in the comments railed on him . . . lol

jpeg42
Old
Thanks Meter 226
That is THE strangest hands-on I have ever read.
The phone is too big. You will look stupid talking on it, people will laugh at you, and youíll be unhappy if you buy it. I really canít get around this, unfortunately, because Samsung pushed things way too far this time.
Not even sure what to say.
GALAXY NOTE SGH-i717 - Padawan JB || 4.1.2

ultravorx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg42 View Post
That is THE strangest hands-on I have ever read.
The phone is too big. You will look stupid talking on it, people will laugh at you, and youíll be unhappy if you buy it. I really canít get around this, unfortunately, because Samsung pushed things way too far this time.
Not even sure what to say.
Its very embarassing to publish something like that. Sounds like a little kid tyrade!!

RandomMistakes
Old
(Last edited by RandomMistakes; 13th February 2012 at 09:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
The Galaxy Note essentially has everything you’d want in a smartphone: a great dual-core processor, a solid camera, a beautiful display and good build quality, and it runs on AT&T’s new 4G LTE network that delivers incredibly fast downloads speeds. Plus the battery seems actually decent so far, which is a triumph for modern smartphones.

Throw all of that right out the window.

The phone is too big.
Essentially: Nothing but praise, but it's too big!

If you look at the first picture you can see that the "reviewer" has pretty small hands. It's fair to write an article saying that the phone doesn't work for you, but to say that anyone who uses the phone looks ridiculous and that people will laugh at you is just poor journalism.

I think size 6 shoes are too small, but I don't go around criticizing people that wear them...

00mred00
Old
Thanks Meter 406

DONATE TO ME
it's not something I hide...I can't stand that site.. they rarely back anything up

but this kind of thing happens often with android phones in general....

they get used to simply point out how much better some other device is.
The Following User Says Thank You to 00mred00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

planoman
Old
(Last edited by planoman; 13th February 2012 at 10:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 149
Did you expect anything less from this apple fanboi? He just had not been told by apple yet that a 5.3 inch screen is better than a 3.5 inch screen.
Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020,Galaxy S4 (32GB), Google Edition S4, S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB)
and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

alejate76
Old
Thanks Meter 15
No sense in waiting to get the phone to prove him "wrong". The phone is / will be amazing and the biggest reason I personally bought it was for its size. The guy who wrote the article doesn't like things that are big.......just the same way some people would prefer to drive a Civic over a lifted F350 Diesel. Big deal? The guy is entitled to his opinion as much as you are entitled to your right to buy and enjoy the best smartphone currently out.

I will give him 2 thumbs up on the comment about Android Phones having 7 different flagships in the same year......that part needed to be said. Each time I walk into an AT&T or Verizon store, they have a different lineup of Android phones....but the iPhone is sitting there...in the same place it has for months.....and still outselling all the rest.

Be secure with your purchase - and use it because YOU want to use it, not to use it to prove someone else wrong. That's just......silly.

LiquidArrogance
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I guess jockey-sized hipsters shouldn't be reviewing Samsung devices ...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LiquidArrogance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

btrinkle30
Old
Thanks Meter 3
His article kind of reminds me of the Burger King commercial about the guy that doesn't want to go and get a BK Double Cheeseburger because it will make his hands look small.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btrinkle30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]