Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] MeDroidMOD ics 1.4.2 rolling via ota 7/03/2012

Tip us?
 
taodan
Old
#1171  
taodan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 219
Posts: 933
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by raviff View Post
I did full wipe and formated all partitions but the sd-card 3 times...

edit:
just realized there's a unified ICS kernel for snapdragon... I used the nexus one specific one... doh!
No wonder....
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.
 

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB
 
car195
Old
#1172  
car195's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: monterrey
Does the mic issue in 1.4.0 has been solved in the new version?

I realy want to come back to this rom cuz the rom of texasice and the miui ones doesn't have all the features of this one
Monterrey, city of the great mountains
Samsung Galaxy SIII - ArchiDroid 2.4 - F2FS
Nexus One - Stock 2.3
HTC Touch - Some Win Mobile that I don't remember now
 
amolji
Old
(Last edited by amolji; 9th March 2012 at 07:59 PM.)
#1173  
amolji's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 160
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ludhiana
I can't get ota updates;currently at 1.40hwa ....also 2g/3g switch not working
Also what's difference in reboot n restart in power menu
Any suggestions

PS downloaded update...still 2g/3g switch not working
Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium
My Device-Galaxy Nexus
Rom-AOKP
Wiki-Useful for most
 
taodan
Old
#1174  
taodan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 219
Posts: 933
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by car195 View Post
Does the mic issue in 1.4.0 has been solved in the new version?

I realy want to come back to this rom cuz the rom of texasice and the miui ones doesn't have all the features of this one
Mic and bluetooth work fine. Just remember to do full wipe and format phone's system and SD card too if you have been using other ROMs.
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.
 

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB
The Following User Says Thank You to taodan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gimley
Old
#1175  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolji View Post
Also what's difference in reboot n restart in power menu
Any suggestions
I think restart does shell stop and start and doesn't completely turn off the device where as reboot does. Correct me if I am wrong.
 
petran_7
Old
#1176  
petran_7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 320
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens
Does the camera preview work on this update?
 
cpm
Old
#1177  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 698
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by petran_7 View Post
Does the camera preview work on this update?
Read my post about a page back.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
Samsung Note 2 stock

Nexus One sporting BCM CM9 ICS. Thanks to dk_zero-cool

Vodafone 858 Smart / Huawei U8160 (CM7 unofficial)
 
darkshino
Old
#1178  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 44
Join Date: Aug 2009
Don't you understand people, it's annoying your "does this will work in next update", "when this will work / when next release will come", or just "that doesn't work" !

Devs don't owe you anything guys. Here you have experimental work, it is given as is. You have great great work in your hand, done as a hobby on some devs spare time. They take care to share this with you, as they can, the way they want/can. Thanks them, test the ROM and get what works and what doesn't by yourself, follow the thread if you're interested, share your experience, handle problems as you can. There are bugs and devs perfectly know that, post some helpful reports whith logcats or some precise remarks instead.

You don't like it ? Need detailed changelog each releases ? It doesn't work as you expect ? Cool to know that. Go in another thread then.

Just my opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkshino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
clustered
Old
#1179  
clustered's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 903
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyMerkin View Post
The last two MeDroid roms haven't allowed me to connect to wifi, it just hangs on Obtaining IP Address. Is this common? Full wipes both times.
Blackrosed?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA
 
cpm
Old
#1180  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 698
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshino View Post
Don't you understand people, it's annoying your "does this will work in next update", "when this will work / when next release will come", or just "that doesn't work" !

Devs don't owe you anything guys. Here you have experimental work, it is given as is. You have great great work in your hand, done as a hobby on some devs spare time. They take care to share this with you, as they can, the way they want/can. Thanks them, test the ROM and get what works and what doesn't by yourself, follow the thread if you're interested, share your experience, handle problems as you can. There are bugs and devs perfectly know that, post some helpful reports whith logcats or some precise remarks instead.

You don't like it ? Need detailed changelog each releases ? It doesn't work as you expect ? Cool to know that. Go in another thread then.

Just my opinion.
+1/2. Some questions keep repeating. Simple solution is to post Q&A at the top of the first page in a prominent position.

Q: Do I need Blackrose
A: Yes! <Link to Bkackrose>
Q: Does camera preview work?
A: Not yet. See Hal thread <link>

etc. Of course this FAQ would need to be reviewed and updated over time.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
Samsung Note 2 stock

Nexus One sporting BCM CM9 ICS. Thanks to dk_zero-cool

Vodafone 858 Smart / Huawei U8160 (CM7 unofficial)

Tags
ics, nexus one
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes