Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,273 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][4/26/2012][Sense][SWAP][2WCR][Freedom Base] Evo4g Lionfish 1.8 GB 2.6.35.10

Tip us?

pmacevad
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
What's the intellidemand for? Didn't make much sense on Google search other than seems like its for dual core cpus

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Check out this post. I'm thinking its an ondemand governor that is snappy when using gpu and when gpu is "idle" it behaves less aggressively. I also believe it says that when screen is off it will not allow the processor to run at max set speed, behaving like a screen off profile. It's supposed to deliver better battery as well. Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding. Anyways, here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817

Thanks op for including the intellidemand governor into this release. So far I am getting great response and battery life with this governor. There are a couple of governors in that post that are interesting and would be nice to have/try. Thanks for the kernel and keep it up!

Sent from my Modded Evo... It's easier this way.

detcup4evr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by je2854 View Post
If you need any testing done be sure to get a hold of me...
I have 2 spare EVO's that are for nothing but play as well
as I dabble in basic programming..

Sounds fun...flashing now
Not sure how much u dabble, but if you want to take a look at arch/arm/mach-msm/htc_battery.c and see if you have any ideas on SBC let me know. I am putting it back on the back burner for now... I can create test kernels if you make any modifications to the battery program.

Leeboy
Old
Thanks Meter 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by detcup4evr View Post
Intellidemand:
Intellidemand aka Intelligent Ondemand from Faux is yet another governor that's based on ondemand. Unlike what some users believe, this governor is not the replacement for OC Daemon (Having different governors for sleep and awake). The original intellidemand behaves differently according to GPU usage. When GPU is really busy (gaming, maps, benchmarking, etc) intellidemand behaves like ondemand. When GPU is 'idling' (or moderately busy), intellidemand limits max frequency to a step depending on frequencies available in your device/kernel for saving battery. This is called browsing mode. We can see some 'traces' of interactive governor here. Frequency scale-up decision is made based on idling time of CPU. Lower idling time (<20%) causes CPU to scale-up from current frequency. Frequency scale-down happens at steps=5% of max frequency. (This parameter is tunable only in conservative, among the popular governors )
To sum up, this is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling, and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such. Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817

I have been using Intellidemand for a couple days and it seems to work well, Although to be honest I can't speak to battery life as I am pretty much flashing at least 1 test Kernel a day.
Very informative post.......I was in the process of doing a write up on it myself. Thanks detcup! This should clearly solve anyone's concerns on what this governer does.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leeboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

revcp
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeboy View Post
Very informative post.......I was in the process of doing a write up on it myself. Thanks detcup! This should clearly solve anyone's concerns on what this governer does.
Excellent kernel. Thanks very much. Running Aggressive through System Tuner on InteractiveX at 768-128 and it's doing wonderfully well.

audiovicious
Old
Thanks Meter 11
EVERYTIME I flash this, I end up just stuck sitting at the splash screen, and I've tired everything.

Back to Freedom, I guess. I really wanted to try out the Smartass v2 governor too.

I wipe cache and dalvik, and just flash. I've tried several times and had to restore back everytime. No idea what the problem is.

revcp
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovicious View Post
EVERYTIME I flash this, I end up just stuck sitting at the splash screen, and I've tired everything.

Back to Freedom, I guess. I really wanted to try out the Smartass v2 governor too.

I wipe cache and dalvik, and just flash. I've tried several times and had to restore back everytime. No idea what the problem is.
What Rom are you using? Which recovery? Use amon ra 2.3 for recovery. Depending on your Rom you may need to mount data prior to flashing the kernel.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

ca1ne
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,388

DONATE TO ME
I'm working on one to, a little bit behind because I started with stock, if I get sbc working, I will make out a github update by itself so you can take a look at it... Are you trying savage's method of being able to turn it on and off as lithid was working on, our two separate kernels to flash?
The Following User Says Thank You to ca1ne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

audiovicious
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcp View Post
What Rom are you using? Which recovery? Use amon ra 2.3 for recovery. Depending on your Rom you may need to mount data prior to flashing the kernel.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Used Amon Ra 2.3, like always, and I'm on Synergy RLS1, and I tried both ways. No idea what the problem is. Flashed like I always do, thought maybe I was being impatient, but i let it sit and got nothing. Maybe a bad download or something, no idea.

revcp
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovicious View Post
Used Amon Ra 2.3, like always, and I'm on Synergy RLS1, and I tried both ways. No idea what the problem is. Flashed like I always do, thought maybe I was being impatient, but i let it sit and got nothing. Maybe a bad download or something, no idea.
Odd. Yes, I would say you're right about the bad download. However, I've had issues in the past (most before I moved to the 4g from the Hero) where certain kernels simply refused to work for me. My experience was exactly the same as yours, that it just stuck on the HTC flash screen and would go nowhere. I would shut down, go through my wipe process, flash a kernel that had worked before and booted up fine. So, either a bad download of for some reason your 4g just doesn't like the kernel.

Good luck.

audiovicious
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcp View Post
Odd. Yes, I would say you're right about the bad download. However, I've had issues in the past (most before I moved to the 4g from the Hero) where certain kernels simply refused to work for me. My experience was exactly the same as yours, that it just stuck on the HTC flash screen and would go nowhere. I would shut down, go through my wipe process, flash a kernel that had worked before and booted up fine. So, either a bad download of for some reason your 4g just doesn't like the kernel.

Good luck.
Maybe I'll try again. For now, tired of flashing and restoring.