Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 41,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME][APK] Egg Catcher

Tip us?

longino07
Old
(Last edited by longino07; 21st March 2012 at 04:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [GAME][APK] Egg Catcher

Hi, I would like to ask for your help for our study. We created a game, entitled Egg Catcher, for our study/thesis. Our professor told us to post this game online to have an online evaluation, thus, we cant afford to upload it the market because it's a bit expensive for us. So we decided to post it here in the forum.

We kindly ask for your feedback, whether it is good, bad or if the game needs improvement, and also your comments about the game's compatibility issue. As far as I know, the game works well with Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.

I attached some screenshots of the game such as the Main Menu, the game itself and the highscore. I also attached the apk of the game.

This is for educational purposes only, thank you guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mainmenu.png
Views:	178
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	901759   Click image for larger version

Name:	gamescreen.png
Views:	188
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	901760   Click image for larger version

Name:	highscore.png
Views:	150
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	901761  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Egg_Catcher.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.33 MB, 67 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to longino07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

einstein.frat
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1928
Force close on adding name on score, also can you make option to use touchscreen instead of accelerometer, it's to slow. on wildfire s

Qeegan
Old
(Last edited by Qeegan; 13th March 2012 at 08:15 AM.) Reason: Needed phone manufacturer for developers
Thanks Meter 0
Default Egg catcher

Force closes after game and no volume contol ... G-Nex

wolfff
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein.frat View Post
Force close on adding name on score
Same thing here, on unlocked HTC IncS

maajstor
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein.frat View Post
Force close on adding name on score, also can you make option to use touchscreen instead of accelerometer, it's to slow. on wildfire s

Same as he said. On Motorola Atrix 4G with CM7

johnson8cyl
Old
Thanks Meter 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
Same thing here, on unlocked HTC IncS
Same here. HTC Sensation running ics. Runs well however.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA
LG Nexus 4

Bootloader: MAKOZ10o
Baseband: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.48
Build : Latest SaberMod
Kernel: Saber-toothed-Squirrel Included

longino07
Old
(Last edited by longino07; 13th March 2012 at 04:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for your comments and suggestions! About the force close issue, my partner, Pat Soo, already fixed the bug when entering the high score after the game. I've attached the new apk of our game, hope you like it!

_____EDITS_____

I tested it using my LG-P690 Optimus Net.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Egg Catcher.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.33 MB, 20 views)

BowlingGuy86
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Great Start!

I checked it out using CDMA Razr XT912. I noticed a couple of issues among the other things that have already been said, (no volume control, posting name FC).

On the Razr;
1. The eggs fall all the way to the bottom of the screen, but, when they break they show up near the top 1/4 of the screen instead of on the "ground" at the bottom...

2. The sound buttons in the main menu, the sound button on the left works to turn off all sound effects and music, but the one on the right (Musical Note) does not work.

3. When opening the application, it goes straight to the high scores board instead of the main menu screen.

4. the rate of eggs dropping increases at a EXTREMELY high rate, this may be the desire of the developer but it seemed that after just a minute there were more eggs dropping than could ever be caught with accelerometer controls. (although contrary to other posts I have seen on this the speed of the accelerometer controls worked very well for me, quick and smooth with the Razr. Differences in manufacturing of each device and the accelerometers used in each could really cause some issues across a wide variety of platforms so a touch option would be a nice choice.)

5. Finally the last thing that I noticed is that if you press your "Home" button while still in a game it will not pause or even stop the music, so you will have to reopen the application from your app drawer to close out the game and stop the music.

I like this concept for a simple children's game and with accelerometer controls it could even be useful to help development of hand eye coordination skills. sadly as stated the wide variety of accelerometers in devices could cause a great variance of control speed, I think this is a really cool class project and hope to see more and more of these types of projects shared!!!

OVERALL RATING: Still sanding out the rough spots but... TWO THUMBS UP!!!

jerryhou85
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by longino07 View Post
Thank you for your comments and suggestions! About the force close issue, my partner, Pat Soo, already fixed the bug when entering the high score after the game. I've attached the new apk of our game, hope you like it!

_____EDITS_____

I tested it using my LG-P690 Optimus Net.
You should attach the version no. on apk and upload it to your OP. If not, ppl coming in will still download the apk in the very first post and report force close...
HTC Touch Pro 2 T7373
HTC HD2 T8585
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G P75003G
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 -- Give to Dad
SONY Xperia Z C6603

longino07
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryhou85 View Post
You should attach the version no. on apk and upload it to your OP. If not, ppl coming in will still download the apk in the very first post and report force close...
Sorry for late reply, I already edited the first post! Thanks!