FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Galaxy Note: ATT vs International - review

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 16
 
By tefloncoated, Member on 14th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th February 2012, 03:04 AM |#21  
ekerbuddyeker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Video intensive apps are definitely worse on this device than the international. Some video is so choppy. Loading Google earth is nearly twice as fast on the international. I'm very disappointed by the poor graphics performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App
 
 
18th February 2012, 03:32 AM |#22  
Orange_furball's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 249
 
Donate to Me
More
2GB???????:ee k:

You do understand why the 2gb can aggravate people. I get mad at apple because on my (soon to be gone) iPhone, the storage is 28gb instead of 32gb. That's 80% of the advertised storage. Now, for the note, 2gb is only 12%. That is insane. I don't care how many apps that can hold. I have 3gb of music alone. Also, i am throwing all of my money into the note so an sd card isn't an option. I can afford a 2-4gb one, but thats it. and im not going to buy a small one now when i can wait a little while and buy a 32gb one. This is a complete turnoff. If only they didn't pack so many other awesome features or i might not have gotten this.
18th February 2012, 03:35 AM |#23  
jpeg42's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 248
 
More
I am confused
The Following User Says Thank You to jpeg42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2012, 03:43 AM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekerbuddyeker

Video intensive apps are definitely worse on this device than the international. Some video is so choppy. Loading Google earth is nearly twice as fast on the international. I'm very disappointed by the poor graphics performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

this makes me think should I sell my AT&T version and get international version..I am yet to open mine..and dont stay in LTE coverage area
18th February 2012, 04:00 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_furball

2GB???????:ee k:

You do understand why the 2gb can aggravate people. I get mad at apple because on my (soon to be gone) iPhone, the storage is 28gb instead of 32gb. That's 80% of the advertised storage. Now, for the note, 2gb is only 12%. That is insane. I don't care how many apps that can hold. I have 3gb of music alone. Also, i am throwing all of my money into the note so an sd card isn't an option. I can afford a 2-4gb one, but thats it. and im not going to buy a small one now when i can wait a little while and buy a 32gb one. This is a complete turnoff. If only they didn't pack so many other awesome features or i might not have gotten this.

Take a couple breaths.

Android has a couple GB system storage into which you can install apps. Then there's another 14 GB or so internal memory for app data and media. None of that includes an external microsd card.
18th February 2012, 04:06 AM |#26  
planoman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano, Texas
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_furball

2GB???????:ee k:

You do understand why the 2gb can aggravate people. I get mad at apple because on my (soon to be gone) iPhone, the storage is 28gb instead of 32gb. That's 80% of the advertised storage. Now, for the note, 2gb is only 12%. That is insane. I don't care how many apps that can hold. I have 3gb of music alone. Also, i am throwing all of my money into the note so an sd card isn't an option. I can afford a 2-4gb one, but that's it. and im not going to buy a small one now when i can wait a little while and buy a 32gb one. This is a complete turnoff. If only they didn't pack so many other awesome features or i might not have gotten this.

Ok since you came from a iphone I will try to help. The GNote has 16GB of internal memory. Roughly 2 GB of that is dedicated for apps if you need it. The other is 14GB is for internal storage similar to the iphone. Once formatted and all it is less than 14 but it is clearly a lot of space.

2 GB is a ton of space for apps. I probably have 60 or so apps on my GNote and it is about 500MB of my 2 GB used up or about 25%. I have almost nothing in my other phone memory because I have all of my music, pictures etc on a 16GB micro SD card. (just bought a 32GB for when I will need it). You can also move many apps to an SD card if you every have the need. I have not had to do that since I only use 25% of my dedicated app space.

You do not need to have an micro SD card, you can save everything to your internal USB storage. You can set your camera to save pictures, video to either phone memory or SD card.

I do not want you to be upset and think you need to buy a micro SD card right now because you do not. You have plenty of space on your phone for all of your music and apps! If you every decide to buy a micro SD card you can buy any size up to 64GB and it will expand your GNote's memory by that much above the 16GB internal that the phone already has.

Have fun with your GNote!
Last edited by planoman; 18th February 2012 at 04:13 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to planoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2012, 04:07 AM |#27  
ekerbuddyeker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techoin

this makes me think should I sell my AT&T version and get international version..I am yet to open mine..and dont stay in LTE coverage area



Well I'm back on my international for now but will probably swap bac k and forth for a few days before finally deciding what to do

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
18th February 2012, 04:26 AM |#28  
Orange_furball's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 249
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by planoman

Ok since you came from a iphone I will try to help. The GNote has 16GB of internal memory. Roughly 2 GB of that is dedicated for apps if you need it. The other is 14GB is for internal storage similar to the iphone. Once formatted and all it is less than 14 but it is clearly a lot of space.

2 GB is a ton of space for apps. I probably have 60 or so apps on my GNote and it is about 500MB of my 2 GB used up or about 25%. I have almost nothing in my other phone memory because I have all of my music, pictures etc on a 16GB micro SD card. (just bought a 32GB for when I will need it). You can also move many apps to an SD card if you every have the need. I have not had to do that since I only use 25% of my dedicated app space.

You do not need to have an micro SD card, you can save everything to your internal USB storage. You can set your camera to save pictures, video to either phone memory or SD card.

I do not want you to be upset and think you need to buy a micro SD card right now because you do not. You have plenty of space on your phone for all of your music and apps! If you every decide to buy a micro SD card you can buy any size up to 64GB and it will expand your GNote's memory by that much above the 16GB internal that the phone already has.

Have fun with your GNote!

ohh ok that makes sense. My only experience with android was my Aria for about 2 weeks. Didn't have much of anything on there.

And 64gb? wow! that's a huge amount of space. ill have to look into that for the future. Thanks!
18th February 2012, 04:35 AM |#29  
Junior Member
Flag Fredericksburg Va
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Can you say just released you cant have your cake and eat it to - intern version or us - even Intern version had some updates to get things smooth - which is why I waited for all releases to make a decision - but lte speed still makes me want US version regardless.

Nothing like 1st day haters :P with stuff reviewers haven't even mentioned and apple fanboys can leave now and go back into your corner and cry because the note still kills the iphone.

OMG buy a frickin card I mean really how much music are you really gonna listen to or apps do you need and call it a day or use your damn computer - its a phone not a replacement to your life I'm sure when roms get released or updates get released for the att version things will get better and if they don't - just call yourself a guinea pig / early adopter for the rest of us, and we thank you for helping the rest of us who had the mind to wait and see how things went before making a decision.

Am I ranting - lol
Last edited by Dkmack; 18th February 2012 at 04:38 AM.
18th February 2012, 05:03 AM |#30  
jessejames111981's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_furball

2GB???????:ee k:

You do understand why the 2gb can aggravate people. I get mad at apple because on my (soon to be gone) iPhone, the storage is 28gb instead of 32gb. That's 80% of the advertised storage. Now, for the note, 2gb is only 12%. That is insane. I don't care how many apps that can hold. I have 3gb of music alone. Also, i am throwing all of my money into the note so an sd card isn't an option. I can afford a 2-4gb one, but thats it. and im not going to buy a small one now when i can wait a little while and buy a 32gb one. This is a complete turnoff. If only they didn't pack so many other awesome features or i might not have gotten this.

the system needs its own app storage and 2gb is a lot. and you have the option to put it on your internal storage which isn't even needed but its there

and your iphone advertises and does provide 32gb nothing ever said you have access to all that. My external HD advertised at 3TB but i have access to 2.72gb. the storage needs that 280gb to itself to store information to help it communicate properly and efficiently. and the % is closer to 90% of advertised storage is yours
18th February 2012, 05:07 AM |#31  
Senior Member
San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I'm a little disappointed with the device. I've been messing with it to make sure its not me but for f sake. They destroyed this phone. It shows major lags and scrolling is not as smooth.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, case, charger, extended, international
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes