Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][SCRATCH]ICSex v0.0[BETA][WIP][4.0.3][PURE AOSP]

OP rajzzz

15th February 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #11  
zaxondis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 70
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajzzz

THIS ROM IS NOT A PORT. IT IS MADE FROM PURE SCRATCH AOSP

Great to see another dev jumping on board here and keeping the MT4GS alive. Best of luck to you. If I get bored over the weekend I'll give this a spin. Rest assured that if you get a lot of kinks worked out there will be a donation coming your way from me. Even if I don't use this ROM regularly I like to keep the community going for this device.

Great work man.
Last edited by zaxondis; 15th February 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Fixed. Didn't mean to quote the entire OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaxondis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #12  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 157
 
574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajzzz

I am currently new to developing and only 15 years old so don't expect great things to happen so soon.

15? Not bad!!!

Quote:

Google - For giving birth to android, and keeping it an AOSP

Actually, Android Inc. came up with Android. Then Google bought them out
16th February 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
919 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
You should talk to undead over at rootzwiki. He was able to get the ics aosp camera working minus panorama and camcorder. Keep up the good work, you're doing great, considering its your first ROM and you're fifteen!
16th February 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #14  
wiswis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Damn ur 15 I'm 15 and I no notin. Bout developin
Respect bro

Sent from my MIUI.us Doubleshot using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to wiswis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2012, 03:40 AM   |  #15  
OP Member
Clifton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 43
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604

You should talk to undead over at rootzwiki. He was able to get the ics aosp camera working minus panorama and camcorder. Keep up the good work, you're doing great, considering its your first ROM and you're fifteen!

Yeah me and undead are in touch. First I'm trying to sort out a few things with the kernel.
16th February 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #16  
tbalden's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,439
 
3,912 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604

You should talk to undead over at rootzwiki. He was able to get the ics aosp camera working minus panorama and camcorder. Keep up the good work, you're doing great, considering its your first ROM and you're fifteen!

Just a note, you can use any camera over the sensation htc fw / libraries / kernel. It doesn't take much effort, let it be AOSP or HTC Camera. Its just an App that uses Android camera service. But making the libs and fw working is the hard nut. U need your own compiled libcamera.so. it took ages for someone to do it for desire hd and alike. Noone yet compiled it for our devices that publicly.
Undead and me are using the sensation leaks libs. Not compiled ones. Btw I had to binary hack those libs to make them work, and did some kernel config to make it come alive, and those libs and kernel are in pyroice and undeads liquidice .

So for aosp this is mostly useless, to get source compiled we should check how the dhd and other msm7 devices do it or check if cm released something for msm8

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced
Last edited by tbalden; 16th February 2012 at 09:46 AM.
16th February 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #17  
FiddleGoose's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 53
 
359 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
This is great man!

Reserving this for my little brother's 4G Slide!

Can't wait to see it stable!
16th February 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #18  
AgentCherryColla's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Carpentersville
Thanks Meter: 511
 
1,471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbalden

Just a note, you can use any camera over the sensation htc fw / libraries / kernel. It doesn't take much effort, let it be AOSP or HTC Camera. Its just an App that uses Android camera service. But making the libs and fw working is the hard nut. U need your own compiled libcamera.so. it took ages for someone to do it for desire hd and alike. Noone yet compiled it for our devices that publicly.
Undead and me are using the sensation leaks libs. Not compiled ones. Btw I had to binary hack those libs to make them work, and did some kernel config to make it come alive, and those libs and kernel are in pyroice and undeads liquidice .

So for aosp this is mostly useless, to get source compiled we should check how the dhd and other msm7 devices do it or check if cm released something for msm8

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced

Kornyone updated his G+. Pretty much the Sensation, and Doubleshot are going to have the same Kernel. With Slight Differences. You should consider helping him get CM9 out. He's a one man team, he need help.
16th February 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #19  
tbalden's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,439
 
3,912 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCherryColla

Kornyone updated his G+. Pretty much the Sensation, and Doubleshot are going to have the same Kernel. With Slight Differences. You should consider helping him get CM9 out. He's a one man team, he need help.

Its not so easy. He can't make it public. I had to be cm member. I'm not one, and no idea how one can become, and maybe I'm not that much tied to it anyway.
It'd be easier if its opened...
sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced
Last edited by tbalden; 16th February 2012 at 08:16 PM.
17th February 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #20  
CoNsPiRiSiZe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 265
 
1,714 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Loving the PURE AOSP release, thanks! look forward to a 0.2 release, then I will probably flash, I need onscreen kb to work


Thanks so Much

You make me feel like a dweeb I'm 16 and couldn't start deving haha

Just my spare change.

The Following User Says Thank You to CoNsPiRiSiZe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics aosp doubleshot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes