Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motofail (GB+ICS): Universal Motorola Android Root Tools (Portable)

Tip us?

crobs808
Old
(Last edited by crobs808; 29th October 2012 at 01:49 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Default Motofail (GB+ICS): Universal Motorola Android Root Tools (Portable)

For convenience sake, I have compiled the Motofail rooter into a single exe file (for use on builds with a GB-based kernel). I have also compiled the ICS root exploit into a single exe file as well (for builds based on a true ICS kernel). No code has been changed, and all credit goes to Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss).

• Universal Gingerbread (GB) Rooter: Download HERE (virus free)
  • Universal Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Rooter: Download HERE (virus free)

These rooters have been tested and working on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, Droid 4, even on the latest ROM releases like the 5.9.905 for the Bionic and the official/cheesecake ICS leaks. Please make sure you use the right rooter, one is for GB and the other is for ICS. These will work on the official OTA releases as well as any custom ROMs.

If needed, the latest Motorola USB PC drivers can be downloaded here:
http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-E...arging-Drivers

Purist (less is more) | VZW SGS3 | CM 10.1 | Android Virtualization
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to crobs808 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I'm almost ready to use this but I do need to know if there is a way to unroot back to stock on the .902 root.

iNsAnEmOd
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Bear View Post
So I'm almost ready to use this but I do need to know if there is a way to unroot back to stock on the .902 root.
not sure what you mean.

If your saying is there a way to unroot .902 then Yes.

Petes MOTO Tools
The Following User Says Thank You to iNsAnEmOd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bfitz26
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
How is this diffenent that motofail ?? Wild guess we can actually one click from our phone ??or what

Sent from my XT875 using XDA App

crobs808
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfitzpatrickd2d View Post
How is this diffenent that motofail ?? Wild guess we can actually one click from our phone ??or what

No, this is nothing more than the standard motofail, it is just compiled into a single EXE file now. I created it because I had people asking me how to use Motofail. One guy asked me what file he runs, or if he copies the files into his sytem of his phone **yikes**, so I made this just for convenience sake (it only runs on Windows, so it should be pretty clear).

The Following User Says Thank You to crobs808 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tucknology
Old
(Last edited by Tucknology; 16th February 2012 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 175
Thanks crobs! This is a great idea. I want to let you know I've added it to my step-by-step guide, which I hope will be helpful for anyone who is unsure how to use this tool to root their phone.

Bfitz26
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
wow ok i thought this was self explainatory run .batch file i guess people have never used a one click root exploit wouldn't know but this was by far the easiest root method other than odin of coarse

crobs808
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
wow ok i thought this was self explainatory run .batch file i guess people have never used a one click root exploit wouldn't know but this was by far the easiest root method other than odin of coarse
A lot of people find this website when they want to do something specific with their phone. The majority of them do not know what a batch file is. The devs on here have a lot of good information but spit it out at a high level, expecting people to just "know" a ton of information right off the .bat (pun intended)

I am simply trying to bridge the gap, as you can probably infer from my practical/layman-term tutorials.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crobs808 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tucknology
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Fitzpatrick, do you speak English? Haha, I get a kick out of every one of your posts.

Bfitz26
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Lmao tuck I do but too lazy to correct myself wifey yells at me all the time for it thanks for noticing though plus the majority of my post are via phone so....

Tags
bionic, moto fail, motofail, root, rooter