5,598,086 Members 42,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GSM P1000] Acudroid V3.1.1 ICS Themed - 26/02/12 Android 2.3.6 JQ9

Tip us?
acubens Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyma View Post
Hi, thank you very much for this wonderful rom. Just one question, how can I find thinkfree samsung app. It was very good to read and edit office docs.

Thanks again.
Hi,
Here you go http://www.mediafire.com/?8bda384cr7ya73t just copy with root explorer to system/app

Cheers

Spyma
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't know if there are very few people in XDA as you are, very friendly and doing something without expecting anything.

vince_junior
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyma View Post
I don't know if there are very few people in XDA as you are, very friendly and doing something without expecting anything.
+1. couldn't agree more.

i just had the time to flash acudroid. i came from khal's optimized and flashed acudroid directly over it (via recovery) without any glitch, without any problem. Everything works perfectly.

thanks again acubens!

yappoe
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Yeap. Acubens is the man. I also moved from Khal's to his several weeks ago.

Now, I am helping Chinese speaking friend choosing a good ROM for his G-Tab. I'm leaning toward installing this ROM for him, but does anyone have a Chinese language pack that I can include to this ROM?

If we can include Chinese language pack into this ROM, that would be awesome.
acubens Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by yappoe View Post
Yeap. Acubens is the man. I also moved from Khal's to his several weeks ago.

Now, I am helping Chinese speaking friend choosing a good ROM for his G-Tab. I'm leaning toward installing this ROM for him, but does anyone have a Chinese language pack that I can include to this ROM?

If we can include Chinese language pack into this ROM, that would be awesome.
Hi,

If you have the language files for me i will try to get it working, but i can't garantee it will work.

Cheers

yappoe
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by acubens View Post
Hi,

If you have the language files for me i will try to get it working, but i can't garantee it will work.

Cheers
Hey Acubens, I have a G-Tab with stock firmware 2.3.3 P1000ZHJP5 (Open Asia edition) which has Chinese language support. I do have root explorer and will be able to extract files but I don't know what files I should be look for.

Could you help pointing the way?

Thanks.
acubens Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Hey Acubens, I have a G-Tab with stock firmware 2.3.3 P1000ZHJP5 (Open Asia edition) which has Chinese language support. I do have root explorer and will be able to extract files but I don't know what files I should be look for.

Could you help pointing the way?

Thanks.
Hi,

Take a look here http://www.chayx.net/2011/04/android...e-support.html and here http://blog.clove.co.uk/2010/03/23/c...s-for-android/

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yappoe
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Thanks, I've never seen this custom locale app on G-Tab. I'll look around for it in market. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Thanks, I've never seen this custom locale app on G-Tab. I'll look around for it in market. Thanks.
I tried several custom locale apps available in the market. none of them has the capability to translate to Chinese the home screen menu, setting menu, most of the system apps. All of them only translates some of the user apps to the Chinese language.

I guess I will have to find ROM with Chinese support for my friend, which the latest is 2.3.3 based ROM. Thanks for your direction though.
acubens Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I tried several custom locale apps available in the market. none of them has the capability to translate to Chinese the home screen menu, setting menu, most of the system apps. All of them only translates some of the user apps to the Chinese language.

I guess I will have to find ROM with Chinese support for my friend, which the latest is 2.3.3 based ROM. Thanks for your direction though.
Hi,

I never looked into chinese language adding to a rom, but it seems to be difficult to add chinese language to a european/englisch rom, you need the files from a 2.3.6 rom and not from a 2.3.3 rom as that will not work, i will read and search some more about it and come back to you about it later. What keyboard is used in the rom samsung or a other one?

Cheers

yappoe
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Hi,

I never looked into chinese language adding to a rom, but it seems to be difficult to add chinese language to a european/englisch rom, you need the files from a 2.3.6 rom and not from a 2.3.3 rom as that will not work, i will read and search some more about it and come back to you about it later. What keyboard is used in the rom samsung or a other one?

Cheers
Yes it is samsung keyboard included in the rom. I know it is hard and therefore I thank you even trying to entertain the possibilitty of it. So don't worry about it. I am still helping n recommending my other friends installing acudroid.