Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,122 Members 40,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Horrible All Around Performance

Tip us?
 
jkt97401
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 387
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Default Horrible All Around Performance

I have an HTC Hero (Sprint) and everything about it is horrible. The internet speed, the responsiveness and just general usage. I used to use this Hero as my phone and it is now my sisters phone and I am trying to make it better for her.

Can anybody help me out with a few things....

1.) What is your radio version?
2.) What ROM / Kernel combo are you using?
3.) What OC speeds are you using (if any)
4.) UV?

------

Any other tips to improving performance on this phone?
The internet speed is absolutely horrible even in areas where I have full bars. I've tried multiple radios and I am having no luck.
 
NineInchNails
Old
#2  
NineInchNails's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5423
Posts: 3,433
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minnesota

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkt97401 View Post
I have an HTC Hero (Sprint) and everything about it is horrible. The internet speed, the responsiveness and just general usage. I used to use this Hero as my phone and it is now my sisters phone and I am trying to make it better for her.

Can anybody help me out with a few things....

1.) What is your radio version?
2.) What ROM / Kernel combo are you using?
3.) What OC speeds are you using (if any)
4.) UV?

------

Any other tips to improving performance on this phone?
The internet speed is absolutely horrible even in areas where I have full bars. I've tried multiple radios and I am having no luck.
1. the .29 radio, updating the PRL might help also (search the forum for how to please)
Network speeds could be slow due to your area also. One way I've found that works is applying the 3G tweaks by zeppelinrox. It's part of his V6 Supercharger Script thread. Again search the forums but I'll tell you it's located in Android Hacking and General.

2. Our Zero Hero Sense 3.5 ROM, We include the latest kernel. Only problem we have is Bluetooth. We also have DX 2.3.7 and DX 2.3.4 ROMS available.

3. Every Hero runs OC speeds differently due to the Hero being made with some different hardware. Mine can top at 768 and be stable. Others can't.

4. UV I assume you mean undervolt. Which cannot be done on the Hero. Sorry.
 
dastin1015
Old
#3  
dastin1015's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 10271
Posts: 3,757
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Also to add on to Matt. The safest OC speed that is universal is 691. I have a rare one that goes up to around 876 or so.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。
 
Hmoobphajej
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 14
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
In the Phones defense it's quite old. The fact that there are still people who are perfectly contempt with the Phone in this day and age just shows how amazing it is. I also just got this phone myself as a hand-me down. Now that I've started using a smartphone there is no going back.

The first thing I can say is that it is a given to root and flash this phone. I've tried many different roms. Pretty much all of the ones in the XDA-Development forums and the only one that really stuck to me like glue is DX OS. It runs smoother then any other rom I flashed.

1) 2.24.02.10.29

2) DX OS 2.3.4 / 2.6.35.14-TeamHeroC

3) 768 mhz (It seems to be stable for me)

4) No idea what UV is refering to but dastin seemed to have answered that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hmoobphajej For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
NineInchNails
Old
#5  
NineInchNails's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5423
Posts: 3,433
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minnesota

 
DONATE TO ME
Hey someone does use DX thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to NineInchNails For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Hmoobphajej
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 14
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
Of course someone would use it. Its a great OS. I would be posting in the development forums but I need 10+ posts. So I'm stuck in the General and Q + A forums until then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hmoobphajej For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ajrty33
Old
#7  
ajrty33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 593
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmoobphajej View Post
Of course someone would use it. Its a great OS. I would be posting in the development forums but I need 10+ posts. So I'm stuck in the General and Q + A forums until then.
We wont look if you rapid fire post somewhere... I promise we wont... we're dying for posts!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." -Napoleon Bonaparte
 
stupidjerkheadface
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmoobphajej View Post
Of course someone would use it. Its a great OS. I would be posting in the development forums but I need 10+ posts. So I'm stuck in the General and Q + A forums until then.
Yeah, same here. I've been lurking for some time now (mostly due to research and whatnot), and am moving toward the 10 post threshold finally.

I am simply amazed with the zerohero ROM. I can't believe how quickly it responds. It really is a wonderful setup. DX seriously rocks as well, though I haven't messed with it in a while.

I generally go back and forth between those and the deck 2.3.7 using go launcher. That's a nice combo.

Sadly enough, this phone will probably go to my sister-in-law as she busted her Intercept (POS) and needs a phone. I'm trying to figure out what would be the easiest (most impressively working) ROM for her to use. . . she doesn't get into this sort of thing. . .

-Paul T.
 
goliath714
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 217
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lynnwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastin1015 View Post
Also to add on to Matt. The safest OC speed that is universal is 691. I have a rare one that goes up to around 876 or so.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。
How did you make it go that high? I dont see that option on any of the kernels or roms that i've run, only 768...
 
NineInchNails
Old
#10  
NineInchNails's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5423
Posts: 3,433
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minnesota

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath714 View Post
How did you make it go that high? I dont see that option on any of the kernels or roms that i've run, only 768...
Dastin has one of the very rare phones that will clock that high.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes