XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moment of Nostalgia

Tip us?

spykerv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Red face Moment of Nostalgia

who remembers reading this (or similar post on a news site)?

wait scratch that, I can't post the link for engadget yet. Well anyways, this is all about my enlightenment about the Galaxy Note on September 1st

Man... those hot august nights, gave way to a cool fall breeze. Man, remember that? Yeah man... I feel like it was just yesterday. Just yesterday that I was checking out the devices featured at IFA, just yesterday when I saw this beauty. I headed over to the micro site samsung had created and watched that video. Sheesh, hard to imagine its been so many months. I had almost given up hope on seeing this beast, everyone said it wouldn't be coming to the US. I'm glad they were wrong.

Just wanted to share this precious moment with you guys.

Months after, I saw it at CES. It felt great in my hand, and I was really excited about when it would release. I didn't sadly get my caricuture from the booth, I was too busy using the phone. Can you believe all the SPens were gone when I went to check them out? How awful. Still it was a NOTEworthy experience. I absolutely loved it.

Fastforward to Feb. 5, and I preordered. HURRAY. What a long journey awaiting a phone.

Speaking of the GNOTE... I'm worried about my Best Buy preorder. Presidents day is Monday, and being the cheapo I am, I took the free shipping. That means if they use USPS (which they said they might), I'll have to wait until at least Wednesday, if I'm at home at the time of delivery. What a bunch of crap.

Well the wait is almost over. I'll be upgrading from an iPhone 4 (yay) after having an iPhone for close to 4 years now!

Well anyways, thanks for checking this thread out. Our wishes pretty much came true!
The Following User Says Thank You to spykerv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Welcome to XDA!

And you'll love the switch. I remember when I first switched from an iphone to an Android. Never looked back, even when the 4 came out.
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb
The Following User Says Thank You to Maroon Mushroom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spykerv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Mushroom View Post
Welcome to XDA!

And you'll love the switch. I remember when I first switched from an iphone to an Android. Never looked back, even when the 4 came out.
Yeah, I can't wait! After my iphone 4, I almost switched to a dell streak because my iphone was frustrating me. I got my device switched and everything was fine. Then the atrix released and I talked to an At&t rep and almost switched again, but I decide to wait.

I'm glad the wait was worth it,now I get the GNOTE

and Thank you for the welcome , I'm a long time stalker, and have lurked the Iconia Tab forum a lot (since I got my iconia). I used to be on Androidtablet forums when they first came out 2 years back, but everyone really just stuck to xda so I decided to go back.

I'm not a completely iphone Sheeple (don't want xda to hate too much) though, I have an android tablet and post a lot on a Computer enthusiast's/builders forum.

teiglin
Old
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykerv View Post
I'm not a completely iphone Sheeple (don't want xda to hate too much) though, I have an android tablet and post a lot on a Computer enthusiast's/builders forum.
Nothing wrong with liking iOS/preferring it to Android (though you're right to be afraid of people flaming you for stating such an opinion here :P); both platforms have their advantages and I know lots of computer geeks who still prefer to use iOS over Android. Personally, my issue is with people who have the "cult of Apple" mentality and trash Android without any firsthand knowledge of the platform. I'm actually pretty surprised you went with an iconia over an iPad--if I were going to buy a 10" tablet it'd probably be Apple despite iTunes, just because of the general mess I've found Honeycomb and Android tablet apps to be, though of course I say this as an owner of zero tablets of any kind, so I guess I'm glad your Iconia's working out enough to bring you in on the phone front. Always good to have new blood in here, in my opinion.

JGuinan007
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Question what if the Iphone 5 has a 5 inch screen?

What will we do if the Iphone 5 has a five inch screen will you keep yur note or sell it on ebay and hope you can get enough for the new Iphone?

teiglin
Old
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuinan007 View Post
What will we do if the Iphone 5 has a five inch screen will you keep yur note or sell it on ebay and hope you can get enough for the new Iphone?
Never happen. Personally, I'd be surprised if the iPhone 5 has much over a 4" screen. There is no denying that the Note's size makes it a niche product, and there is no reason to believe that Apple's model for releasing a single iPhone at a time will change.

spykerv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin View Post
Never happen. Personally, I'd be surprised if the iPhone 5 has much over a 4" screen. There is no denying that the Note's size makes it a niche product, and there is no reason to believe that Apple's model for releasing a single iPhone at a time will change.
This exactly, I highly doubt they would. Considering Steve Jobs on multiple occasions bashed Android going for higher and higher screen sizes, I don't see his wants being trampeled on so quickly either. iPhone's will most likely stay at 3.5" for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuinan007 View Post
Beyond bored of iOS. Beyond bored. 4 years of ownership is way too long to stick to something for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin View Post
Nothing wrong with liking iOS/preferring it to Android (though you're right to be afraid of people flaming you for stating such an opinion here :P); both platforms have their advantages and I know lots of computer geeks who still prefer to use iOS over Android. Personally, my issue is with people who have the "cult of Apple" mentality and trash Android without any firsthand knowledge of the platform. I'm actually pretty surprised you went with an iconia over an iPad--if I were going to buy a 10" tablet it'd probably be Apple despite iTunes, just because of the general mess I've found Honeycomb and Android tablet apps to be, though of course I say this as an owner of zero tablets of any kind, so I guess I'm glad your Iconia's working out enough to bring you in on the phone front. Always good to have new blood in here, in my opinion.
Buddy, you have no idea how much I agree with you about all this. I like both platforms, all for different reasons. I'd truly like MEEGO to have been popular, true Open source and extremely powerful linux distro had it any real dev support. Intel and Nokia were supporting it, there was hope. But that died with the N9, oh well.

Too many apple sheeple are out there, it just disturbs me. Back when there was donut and cupcake I understand. There were limited number of devices and they had problems, and the iphone 3G was one heck of a phone. I used to argue day and night with my best friend's with his G1 back in high school. But ever since 2.2 and the SGS and especially now, its almost silly to hate on android. Its a fantastic OS!

And I regret not getting an iPad a lot. I actually wanted the Asus TF101, and waited on release date. Little did I know Asus had supply issues, and barely had an initial supply for release day. It took 2 months for supply chain problems to get fixed. I got bored, and bought an Acer Iconia the next week.

I HATED HONEYCOMB SINCE 3.0.0! IT WAS AWFUL. Buggy as hell. But after many months, overclocking, Taboonay 2.1 Rom and 3.2, it is much better. Still a great device for content consumption such as netflix and youtube, which is all I use it for now. Browsing is still pretty slow. Dolphin's good, Firefox pisses me off by not having flash. Overall I like Opera even if its sunspider is not the best, it is fast! The build quality of the iconia is laughable. Fully aluminum construction my behind! IT feels like its made of plastic and will fall apart anyday. The camera cover (a common problem) just fell off within a month. I found out a cheap piece of tape was holding it together, a true testament to the quality of Acer. Garbage tablet. Garbage tablet OS.

I'm really excited about gingerbread though and ICS. my pops has an Epic 4G touch and its a great phone. ICS I had a terrible time with on the nexus at a VZW store, but that was before people knew to force gpu rendering. I like ICS for the most part, its fast and smooth, but it borrowed a ton from HC (expected) and eh..... I like gingerbread a lot, lets leave it at that.

Thanks for the welcome guys