More
"Release early, release often"

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
21st February 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #32  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 263

1,915 posts
More
I think you guys forget Google is taking over Moto.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
21st February 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #33  
Flag Dirty Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,594

2,975 posts
More
^^I'm guardedly optomistic about this. The takeover could be great IF Google insist on policy change at Moto, but I feel the purchase was made, strictly in an attempt to aquire Motorola's 120+ patents/licenses, so Google could better protect the global interests/development of the Android platform. :/

D3 AOKP
21st February 2012, 03:26 AM   |  #34  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 86

688 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhiza

That's the crux isn't it? If they pushed VZW (or any carrier) to allow the unlocked bootloader, I wouldn't give a sh!t if they never updated the device. My phones and tablets come out of the box, and get rooted immediately, and honestly, I trust the devs here to deliver more frequent, and higher quality updates, versus the donkeys working at Moto. It's sad that all/most of you guys who develop here, don't get paid, yet are more forward-thinking than the people at Moto, HTC, or Samsung. I'm firmly convinced that I'm going to ride out my contract with my D3, but my next device will be a Nexus of some kind... It kinda sucks, because I'll miss my keyboard, but whatever. Lol.

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

I can't agree more. Quite frankly, what mobile device is going to be able to utilize 4 cores in a quad core phone? It's just absurd. I wouldn't mind being with my D3 for 2 years (although I would like 4G since it's all over my area), if I had access to my bootloader to flash the phone completely. The fact that we NEED a rom to get even the necessary battery life is crazy because of how Moto and VZW bog us down with crap. All of the tweaks devs here do can't be foreign to the Moto devs, why aren't they incorporated. Android is WORLDS more powerful than any of the stock roms, but they're not built to be powerful.

What all this boils down to...I'm bidding Moto adieu as I head over to a Samsung device. Whether it's a S3 (suspected to be quad core) or a GNex, it will have plenty of power for a mobile device. At a point, quadrant scores become irrelevant to me because you're comparing really fast to blazing fast and it's just not noticeable. If I have a 1.5Ghz overclocked dual core phone in my pocket and a 2.1 Ghz dual core laptop, I'm pretty damn satisfied.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread