Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

$199 Buy.com HTC Flyer 7" Tablet, 16GB Storage, Android 2.3 - Refurb (Dead)

Tip us?

bmoreboy02
Old
Thanks Meter 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
Was that the guy in catonsville? I was trying to get that one, but was 5 mins too late.
Lol yea he was in catonsville

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

gersto
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedrop View Post
I ordered one earlier when it was at $199 also from Buy.com

Got it on Wednesday.

It comes in a plain white box, and just comes with the usb wall charger and the tablet itself. No usb cable to connect to pc.

I was surprise at the condition, aside from not having the original packaging, you really couldn't tell it apart from a new one. No scratches on screen, or the back, nothing.

The battery was practically at zero percent when I turn it on, so I had to charge it before I can play with it.

It has Gingerbread installed.

Hope this helps.
Yeah mine came in the exact same way. Just a white box with a white charge cable, unit was pristine. Also was at 0% and GB loaded.

Charged, rooted, upgraded and reloaded my apps from my Archos 70. Thoroughly loving this unit.

Wife is complaining It's too heavy but doesn't really feel that much heavier than the Archos.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
~/If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain./~
Maya Angelou

gersto
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmantis View Post
Deal is back on for $199.
Cool! guys don't forget that $10 off online coupon I posted earlier if you're gonna buy it! I say do it quick before it shoots up again!

~/If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain./~
Maya Angelou

cmantis
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gersto View Post
Cool! guys don't forget that $10 off online coupon I posted earlier if you're gonna buy it! I say do it quick before it shoots up again!

Also 2.5% cash back at FW.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmantis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fireshot91
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I ordered one earlier today. For $190, I'm not complaining.

I was going to spend $170 on a Touchpad anyways, so might as well buy a refurb instead of used for $20, and from a place I can at least return to if need be (I CAN return, right?).

I'm very surprised it doesn't come with a cable for PC. Can you not use the charger cable? (Me assuming it uses the same USB port for charging as syncing, and assuming the charger is just a USB wall plug with a USB cable).
Moto Razr -> Moto Q ->iPhone 2G -> iPhone 3GS -> Samsung Captivate -> Blackberry Bold-> Samsung Captivate ->iPhone 3GS -> Moto Q -> Galaxy S2 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC Titan -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4

Jjday7
Old
Thanks Meter 77
I'm assuming you can. I want to try this but really want the Asus memo. The return policy may be my best bet.

http://www.buy.com/help/return-policy/67219.html

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 510
Just noticed this thread. I didn't realize it didn't include the stylus or the USB cable. I don't care about the stylus but I am wondering about the USB cable. What kind does it use? My captivate uses standard mini-usb, if thats what it uses, then I got a million of those lying around. Otherwise I need to get on the ball and get a cable ordered!

Jjday7
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
Just noticed this thread. I didn't realize it didn't include the stylus or the USB cable. I don't care about the stylus but I am wondering about the USB cable. What kind does it use? My captivate uses standard mini-usb, if thats what it uses, then I got a million of those lying around. Otherwise I need to get on the ball and get a cable ordered!
I watched a video on YouTube that said the micro USB would work but I can't imagine it would due to the size difference. Maybe someone and can chime I'm and let us know.

I ordered mine yesterday and hope to get it soon. Hopefully I'll get one with mine. Still don't understand why they wouldn't include something like that. Seems odd. If I can use a older cable then it's cool with me.

Viper32
Old
Thanks Meter 808

DONATE TO ME
A Micro USB cord works just fine...........

Viper

wasilvers
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
The cord for my captivate worked just fine for rooting, charging, etc...
AT&T Note 2 on CleanRom 1.2
HTC Flyer on LeeDroid