[Script] ultimateRAMscript - IMPROVE YOUR PHONES PERFORMANCE!
Here is a ram script I put together. It's sorta a combination between the V6 Supercharger on option 7, Kickasskernalizer, and Car-o-Dopes tweaks, it has little bit of all those tweaks in it. So i wanna say thanks to zeppelinrox for the V6 Supercharger and the Kickasskernalizer and also Carhauler1969 and Ropodope for the Car-o-Dopes tweaks. There's also a read ahead tweak to set the sdcard at 512kb.
This was made for the HTC Evo 4g so I can't guarantee it will work on your phone but it should. If it won't flash thru recovery, go to bottom of op and download the script by itself and place in the right folder (init.d).
This is not to be combined with the niftyconiptionstweaks or the legit zip because this is different and could interfere with each other. I'd suggest to try all three separately to find which one works best for you.
[Q] What does this do?
[A] It will make your phone faster, more responsive, frees up ram, and could also increase battery life.
It has auto memory manager values of 6,12,75,90,95,125 [option 7 on V6].
It has sysctl tweaks of min free kbytes - 4096, Dirty Ratio - 70, Dirty Background Ratio - 50, and vfs cache pressure - 50 (sense) and 10 (aosp) [Car - o - Dopes tweaks]. And it also has a few tweaks from the kickasskernelizer.
Install at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
Zip files to be flashed thru recovery
: Follow Exactly
(may not be flashable on other phones besides the HTC Evo 4g, but you can try and see)
1) Make a nandroid backup incase something goes wrong or you want to revert.
2) Download a file manager like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (I use Root explorer).
3) Open up root explorer and go to /system/etc/init.d. Click on the "Mount R/W" button (that way you can delete files).
4) Delete or move to a folder on your sdcard (incase you want to revert) any ram scripts or ram tweaks you may have that is in the "init.d" folder (examples of ram scripts or tweaks are 00sysctl, 01sysctl, 06sysctl, 02sicktweaks, 06tweaks, S97ramscript, 99supercharge, and 98Kickasskernel, or any tweaks from niftyconiptionstweaks or the legit zip) .
5) Also if you are running v6 supercharger, you need to un-supercharge. If you are running Kickass Kernelizer, you need to un-kernelize and do not run those scripts while you have the niftyconiptionsscripts installed.
6) Uninstall any ram manager apps or task killers and do not use these.
7) After you uninstall all of that, reboot your phone and verify that none of the scripts you had before are still installed. (it will mess with the scripts you are about to install).
8) Boot into recovery (preferably Amon Ra).
9) Find the ultimateRAMscript.zip you downloaded and flash it.
10) Reboot phone and enjoy. Let your phone set at the lock screen for about 2 minutes, unlock and let it set for another 2 minutes to let it settle in. Your phone will become dramatically smoother after about an hour.
1) Download the script.
2) Remove any ram scripts or tweaks you currently have. Will be in /system/etc/init.d (its like this on the HTC Evo 4G but may be different on other phones)
3) Copy the script you downloaded and place in the init.d folder. /system/etc/init.d. (if using root explorer, you will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button at the top to be able to remove or place any scripts.
4) Once the script is placed in the init.d folder, long click on the script and click "permissions" and change it to "rwxrwxrwx" which is the same as checking all the boxes.
5) Reboot phone. Verify that the script is in the init.d folder and enjoy.
Script for manual install
Sent from a Nifty Tomatoe
Hit that thanks button if I managed to help
Device: Rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Hit that thanks button if I helped