FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[leak] [rom] ics 4.0 i9220zclp1

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 60
 
By ibrahim118, Member on 16th February 2012, 09:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th March 2012, 08:24 PM |#2351  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197
 
More
Is this flashable or it's easy to brick motherboard like other ics?
 
 
25th March 2012, 09:10 PM |#2352  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by code72

Is this flashable or it's easy to brick motherboard like other ics?

It was the Abyss kernel which bricked phones. Not any ICS build.
25th March 2012, 09:21 PM |#2353  
chasmodo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 41,241
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by code72

Is this flashable or it's easy to brick motherboard like other ics?

This one is safe, flashed it a couple of times and went back to GB without any problems.

And BTW, it wasn't Abyss kernel, but Angelom's stock rooted ICS (Abyss is GB).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 09:58 PM |#2354  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo

This one is safe, flashed it a couple of times and went back to GB without any problems.

And BTW, it wasn't Abyss kernel, but Angelom's stock rooted ICS (Abyss is GB).

Why on i9220LP1 - N7000 - ICS - REPACK tar 's thread there is "don't flash" in red and links are removed? Is it based on Angelom's kernel? I ask this because i was on that rom and it worked fawlessy but after read many problems i went back to GB. Now i'd like to come back to ICS (touchwiz based) without big risks.
29th March 2012, 12:21 AM |#2355  
jon3sh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 574
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by code72

Why on i9220LP1 - N7000 - ICS - REPACK tar 's thread there is "don't flash" in red and links are removed? Is it based on Angelom's kernel? I ask this because i was on that rom and it worked fawlessy but after read many problems i went back to GB. Now i'd like to come back to ICS (touchwiz based) without big risks.

Flash it and dont change the kernel just stay with cf root kernel. You can also flash ics base roms after flashing this one to add some flavours and again dont flash or change the kernel.

..
The Following User Says Thank You to jon3sh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2012, 12:28 AM |#2356  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
I'm ready for another ICS leak...
29th March 2012, 04:17 AM |#2357  
Senior Member
Flag Marikina
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Just a quick question, I'm about to flash to ICS, but I'm concerned regarding what steps would be needed to flash back to a NAND backup of my DXLC2 GB. I read that I need to flash the abyss kernel to be able to go back to GB. Is this right? TIA!
29th March 2012, 04:46 AM |#2358  
chasmodo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 41,241
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbacosta

Just a quick question, I'm about to flash to ICS, but I'm concerned regarding what steps would be needed to flash back to a NAND backup of my DXLC2 GB. I read that I need to flash the abyss kernel to be able to go back to GB. Is this right? TIA!

Yep. Here's a set of instructions I wrote for going back to GB from ICS:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...43&postcount=6
The Following User Says Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2012, 10:56 AM |#2359  
Senior Member
Flag Marikina
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo

Yep. Here's a set of instructions I wrote for going back to GB from ICS:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...43&postcount=6

Many thanks for this mate! Appreciate it!
29th March 2012, 06:43 PM |#2360  
~~Tito~~'s Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Is anyone else getting a lockscreen freeze? This happens to me all the time GB or ICS. Its basically when I go to unlock the phone and it doesn't respond but I can see the phone is still active and stuff. Music would keep playing or the sign or battery indicator still changes. Pressing power only dims the screen and not shut it off.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes