Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

READ THIS NOW !!!•••POST ALL ICS AND ICS RELATED INFO HERE ONLY !!!!!

Tip us?

habylab
Old
(Last edited by habylab; 23rd February 2012 at 11:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 624
Just read that some people on twitter are getting the update in the UK. Not long now.

#ICS has just hit our #ASUS Eee pad here in the UK thank you Asus -- bashSudo└░█ ░▌░▒▓█┘ (@bashargaza)

In fact Marcus Wilks commented on the UK Asus Facebook page as well saying so, as well as twitter.

Sent from my lag free TeamHackSamsung CM9 Build 16 Galaxy S using the XDA Premium app

Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM11 - Archi Kernel.
Nexus 7 - 4.4 Kang - Ak

DeeJayDark UE
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Is there any info on ww version?

Devices:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100

Radiofodder
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Isn't the UK version just WW anyway? At least my UK TF101 reads that. Still waiting here!

bubb18
Old
Thanks Meter 3
tomorrow for US according to ASUS

http://campuslife.asus.com/index/708...sformer-tf101/

SiNJiN76
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Those of you that have ics up and running...are the speakers balanced? Will the same hack work on ics?
The Following User Says Thank You to SiNJiN76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shigoga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question!
i have a UK transformer, but i'm located in the middle east at the moment, my transformer is rooted, it has CWM, and i flashed a different firmware so i'd be able to overclock it.

i also missed an OTA update or two,

do i need to flash back to stock? if i remember correctly factory reset doesn't change the firmware back to stock right?

how do i go about updating with the least amount of work?

funem
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Asus UK twitter feed says UK version release is unknown as yet but their Facebook page says :-

ASUS United Kingdom

Those of you with your finger firmly on the tech news pulse will have already noticed that the ICS update for TF101 is rolling out in Taiwan today.

The OTA update will, barring security issues, be starting in the UK tomorrow so keep a steady eye on your devices and let us know when you get it and what you think!

That was posted 12 hours ago, so hopefully it will be tomorrow, erm being today.

Asus UK FB - http://t.co/FGXHpLiM

hapahopi
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Just a heads up before updating to ICS. Make sure that you did not edit your build.prop
so updating will proceed smoothly. Had a couple of update failures only to find out from the recovery log something about the build.prop. I copied back my original build.prop and updated without the android with exclamation mark. Was surprised also that root was preserved. B60 with TW series.

swqlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapahopi View Post
Just a heads up before updating to ICS. Make sure that you did not edit your build.prop
so updating will proceed smoothly. Had a couple of update failures only to find out from the recovery log something about the build.prop. I copied back my original build.prop and updated without the android with exclamation mark. Was surprised also that root was preserved. B60 with TW series.
Can you upload the build.prop you use to update ics? thx

Munchi3s
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default The Excitement is Mounting

I ordered a factory refurbished 16gb ASUS Transformer last Sunday. I will get here tomorrow. Should I root the transformer before updating to ICS? I don't want to be stuck with any bloatware and I want to make sure I get all my root apps quickly. Any tips or suggestions?