Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

READ THIS NOW !!!•••POST ALL ICS AND ICS RELATED INFO HERE ONLY !!!!!

OP oka1

20th March 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #531  
oldcpu's Avatar
Senior Member
Europe
Thanks Meter: 30
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Thanks for log file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiesen

Here is one log done with CatLog. This is the only log I have so far of any RR/SoD. I am in the process of recording new logs though (it could take a while and be really big one). It's an recording of everything in verbose mode.

Thanks for the log file. I note just before a reboot ( ? ) ...
Code:
03-19 13:55:58.910 D/TaskWidgetDataUtils( 1080): getWidgetData()
03-19 13:56:07.320 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Auto-dim timeout
03-19 13:56:07.320 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Screen Bright {true -> false}
03-19 13:56:14.329 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Auto-sleep timeout
03-19 13:56:14.350 I/power   (  170): *** set_screen_state 0
03-19 13:56:14.350 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Screen turned off mScreenOnTime=415608ms Battery<C,V>: <100,8>
03-19 13:56:14.350 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Acquire UWL 'sleep_broadcast' flags [partial] refcount=1
03-19 13:56:14.350 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{41890a00 type 2 android} type:ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP when: After 0h:0m:4.0s
03-19 13:56:14.390 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: sending ordered bcast for ACTION_SCREEN_OFF
03-19 13:56:14.400 D/EthernetService(  170): stopPolling
03-19 13:56:14.400 D/Ethernet(  170): Screen Off
03-19 13:56:14.410 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{41894ea8 type 0 android} type:RTC_WAKEUP when: At 2012-03-19 14:09
03-19 13:56:14.430 D/SurfaceFlinger(   89): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x28a958
03-19 13:56:14.430 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{418f3158 type 2 com.google.android.gsf} type:ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP when: After 0h:0m:29.0s
03-19 13:56:14.440 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{418f4140 type 2 com.google.android.apps.maps} type:ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP when: After 2h:54m:35.0s
03-19 13:56:14.540 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Release UWL 'sleep_broadcast' flags [partial] refcount=0
03-19 13:56:14.550 D/FlexLabs( 1124): Widget count: 2
03-19 13:56:19.769 D/AlarmManager(  170): Triggered Alarm 41890a00 ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP IntentSender{412357d0: PendingIntentRecord{41890960 android broadcastIntent}}
03-19 13:56:44.810 D/AlarmManager(  170): Triggered Alarm 418f3158 ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP IntentSender{41907090: PendingIntentRecord{418f30b8 com.google.android.gsf broadcastIntent}}
03-19 13:56:44.920 D/dalvikvm(  170): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1329K, 10% free 13810K/15239K, paused 15ms+7ms
03-19 13:56:44.940 D/dalvikvm( 1080): GC_CONCURRENT freed 521K, 9% free 6723K/7367K, paused 2ms+2ms
03-19 13:56:45.370 D/TaskWidgetDataUtils( 1080): In trigger refresh list utils
03-19 13:56:45.370 D/TaskWidgetDataUtils( 1080): getWidgetData()
03-19 13:57:01.310 D/FlexLabs( 1124): Widget count: 2
03-19 13:57:01.410 V/AddonsDetectorAccessibilityService(  539): Cached event
03-19 13:57:01.410 V/AddonsDetectorAccessibilityService(  539): Storing notification info... (android)
and looking at that I don't see anything obvious to me. Was your Transformer was 'sleeping' at the time? Each of the 4 reboots I have seen (since installing ICS ~6 days ago) my Transformer was 'sleeping'. I have yet to have one while I am actively doing something on it.

But 4 reboots (on my part) is a very small sample.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldcpu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #532  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcpu

Thanks for the log file. I note just before a reboot ( ? ) ...

Code:
03-19 13:55:58.910 D/TaskWidgetDataUtils( 1080): getWidgetData()
03-19 13:56:07.320 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Auto-dim timeout
03-19 13:56:07.320 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Screen Bright {true -> false}
03-19 13:56:14.329 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Auto-sleep timeout
03-19 13:56:14.350 I/power   (  170): *** set_screen_state 0
03-19 13:56:14.350 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Screen turned off mScreenOnTime=415608ms Battery<C,V>: <100,8>
03-19 13:56:14.350 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Acquire UWL 'sleep_broadcast' flags [partial] refcount=1
03-19 13:56:14.350 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{41890a00 type 2 android} type:ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP when: After 0h:0m:4.0s
03-19 13:56:14.390 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: sending ordered bcast for ACTION_SCREEN_OFF
03-19 13:56:14.400 D/EthernetService(  170): stopPolling
03-19 13:56:14.400 D/Ethernet(  170): Screen Off
03-19 13:56:14.410 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{41894ea8 type 0 android} type:RTC_WAKEUP when: At 2012-03-19 14:09
03-19 13:56:14.430 D/SurfaceFlinger(   89): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x28a958
03-19 13:56:14.430 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{418f3158 type 2 com.google.android.gsf} type:ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP when: After 0h:0m:29.0s
03-19 13:56:14.440 D/AlarmManager(  170): Added alarm Alarm{418f4140 type 2 com.google.android.apps.maps} type:ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP when: After 2h:54m:35.0s
03-19 13:56:14.540 D/PowerManagerService(  170): @PowerManagement: Release UWL 'sleep_broadcast' flags [partial] refcount=0
03-19 13:56:14.550 D/FlexLabs( 1124): Widget count: 2
03-19 13:56:19.769 D/AlarmManager(  170): Triggered Alarm 41890a00 ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP IntentSender{412357d0: PendingIntentRecord{41890960 android broadcastIntent}}
03-19 13:56:44.810 D/AlarmManager(  170): Triggered Alarm 418f3158 ELAPSED_REALTIME_WAKEUP IntentSender{41907090: PendingIntentRecord{418f30b8 com.google.android.gsf broadcastIntent}}
03-19 13:56:44.920 D/dalvikvm(  170): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1329K, 10% free 13810K/15239K, paused 15ms+7ms
03-19 13:56:44.940 D/dalvikvm( 1080): GC_CONCURRENT freed 521K, 9% free 6723K/7367K, paused 2ms+2ms
03-19 13:56:45.370 D/TaskWidgetDataUtils( 1080): In trigger refresh list utils
03-19 13:56:45.370 D/TaskWidgetDataUtils( 1080): getWidgetData()
03-19 13:57:01.310 D/FlexLabs( 1124): Widget count: 2
03-19 13:57:01.410 V/AddonsDetectorAccessibilityService(  539): Cached event
03-19 13:57:01.410 V/AddonsDetectorAccessibilityService(  539): Storing notification info... (android)
and looking at that I don't see anything obvious to me. Was your Transformer was 'sleeping' at the time? Each of the 4 reboots I have seen (since installing ICS ~6 days ago) my Transformer was 'sleeping'. I have yet to have one while I am actively doing something on it.

But 4 reboots (on my part) is a very small sample.

Yes it was deep sleeping set to turn wifi off. It was my first Sleep of Death (it didn't get stuck in any bootloop, I had to press the powerbutton for atleast 10 sec to get it to boot up again)
20th March 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #533  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 631
 
3,558 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcpu

Still, the issue of the source code is not necessary if we give Asus details on the crash. You do not need the source code for that.

You assume Asus are listening. Fairly clearly, they aren't. They've publicly stated in the media that there is no reboot problem. They've not admitted since that there is one. They've completely ignored requests for help from users. There is nothing at all to suggest that Asus will take one word anybody says, and do anything with that.

Quote:

You are assuming the problem exists with an Asus implementation. What if the problem is upstream ? (I assume you know what that means). If it is upstream, then Asus may not be able to solve this without community help.

I'm not a child, I'm well versed in technology, thanks very much. The problem is not upstream, or it wouldn't be restricted solely to Asus' products.

Quote:

And EVEN if the problem is not upstream, but is at Asus level, the simple fact is many users do NOT have this problem. One user notes they have 15 TF-101 Tablets and not one has the problem. Not one. How can that be ? What that tells me if one adopts a certain systemic approach the problem is not there. What if Asus do not see the problem.

No, the fact is that other users claim not to have the problem (and thus far, I've not seen anybody claim to have multiple tablets and not see the problem, certainly not 15. I can't begin to imagine how much time you'd have to invest to confirm 15 tablets not to have the problem.)

Occam's Razor: Simplest explanation is probably right. Simplest explanation is that these users probably *do* experience random reboots, they just haven't noticed.

Quote:

What is the hangup about providing technical support (via log files) so to help YOUR tablet work better ? To help MY Tablet work better ? To help OTHERS Tablet work better ? What is the hangup about us providing log files to make this more likely to happen ?

I didn't say we shouldn't do it. I said (and I was most likely right, although we'll never know now) that while the source was unavailable, there was very little chance that providing logs would result in a fix.

Now that the source is available, that's different, something I immediately acknowledged on finding they'd finally released it. End users will likely be the source of the fix, not Asus. If Asus was capable of fixing it on any kind of reasonable schedule, frankly, they'd never have released the firmware this fundamentally flawed in the first place.

Quote:

Listen - I don't want to debate this. I am sure you feel the same. We both have better things to do. I won't reply to further posts on this sort of debate. I will continue to ask for log files until mods ask me to stop.

I agree. I won't be replying from this point onwards either.
20th March 2012, 08:16 AM   |  #534  
oldcpu's Avatar
Senior Member
Europe
Thanks Meter: 30
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Please post log files - not only Asus may be impacted
just a note asking users to post their log files.

Already surfing on the error messages I have stumbled across two ICS users: an Acer Iconia Tablet user with a similar problem and a Toshiba Tablet user with a similar problem.
21st March 2012, 09:34 AM   |  #535  
Member
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 3
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Updated on 19MAR, it has been work well since then, no restart itself, not stuck at the booting, no sleep to death, the battery problem solve, the sound is fine now it is as loud as before.. good good! but somehow the software doesnt work well with the hardware and also the wifi not as strong as before... beside that everything is fine.... and I am from Vietnam!
21st March 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #536  
Senior Member
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 182
 
542 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxploration

Occam's Razor: Simplest explanation is probably right. Simplest explanation is that these users probably *do* experience random reboots, they just haven't noticed.

Nope. You are wrong. Here's proof

A lot of people don't experience random reboots.
23rd March 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #537  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndroid

Nope. You are wrong. Here's proof
[IMG)(/IMG]
A lot of people don't experience random reboots.

I just looked at mine, its claiming an up time of 11 hours right now but I have had these problems twice this afternoon, once it rebooted, and once it got stuck looking like a brick..... This might not make sense but that's what I'm seeing...

Maybe a reboot doesn't count as the device ever being off, also one thing I have noticed is that when it goes into that hard to turn on state, it is not actually off, the screen is just black. I think this because a) I can still charge my cellphone with the tablet when it appears to stuck off and b) when I hook it up to my tv with the hdmi port, the tv receives a signal, and the tv screen shows a black screen.
23rd March 2012, 08:33 AM   |  #538  
oldcpu's Avatar
Senior Member
Europe
Thanks Meter: 30
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Asus involvment
For those who may have not noticed, an Asus rep has started a thread here, and is offering to provide a logging application to assist in the investigation: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1556914 ... one first sends a PM to the Asus rep to volunteer, and then after one obtains the log with the Asus provided app, one then is to email them the logs (where email address is provided).
23rd March 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #539  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Hello,
I've not encountered any problem yet with ICS, but I have something to blame about it.
This morning, I connected my TF101 to my Wifi network and immediately appeared a Download icon is the notification area, stating a new firmware was downloading.

I have not searched for firmware updates through Parameters, my TF101 was a HC 3.2.1. I've had no opportunity to refuse the upgrade to ICS, which I would have, considering the number of people having issues, it seems the system is just not stable enough at the moment to my liking, I would have waited for some time...
Now, I have ICS, and just pray not to encounter issues.

Is it an habit to force upgrades ? Am I the only one is this case ?

Thanks

Nickola
24th March 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #540  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 631
 
3,558 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickola

Is it an habit to force upgrades ? Am I the only one is this case ?

All Transformers check for updates occasionally, and all allow you to postpone the update three times before installation is forced (unless, that is, you know how to prevent it altogether.)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes