[APP][2.3.3-4.1][ROOT] BlueCtrl - Bluetooth input device emulator

16th February 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 60

56 posts
*** REQUIRES ROOT PERMISSIONS ***
*** NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID 4.2 ***

BlueCtrl is an open source Bluetooth input device emulator that can control remote devices. This means that you can use the touchscreen and keyboard of your Android device to control other devices which support Bluetooth.

Because this app is using the Bluetooth input standard, it supports various operating systems without any special server software. It has been successfully tested with the following systems:
  • Android
  • iOS
  • Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu...)
  • Mac OS X
  • PlayStation 3
  • Windows
Please note that if you want to use this app with Microsoft Windows, you probably need to disable a conflicting Android service. For more information look at:

https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl/...rvice-conflict

This app requires root permissions because it needs direct access to the Bluetooth adapter. Another restriction is that it is only compatible with a specific Bluetooth stack that is called BlueZ, which is used on many but not all devices with a Android version smaller 4.2.

What's new
  • New system specific touchpad gestures
    The gestures are now optimized for the chosen remote device system. Linux and Windows systems also got a new setting for the gesture mode. So, for example, if you are using Windows 8 you can configure the appropriate gesture mode to enable the special Windows 8 edge gestures.
  • New interactive touchpad tutorial
    The interactive tutorial will explain all gestures for the current system and can be activated via the menu.
  • New menu item for composing text
    This is especially helpful if you want to write a longer text because you can keep your eyes on the device and see what you write and it also allows you to correct the text before it is send.
  • Voice input can be corrected before sending
    Voice input will be displayed in a edit box before it is send so that you are able to correct misinterpreted words.
  • New "Stay awake" setting
    This setting prevents that the device is going into standby and disconnects the connection. To save some energy the screen will however be dimmed after 30 seconds of inactivity.
  • New "Scroll sensitivity" setting
  • You can long press the keyboard button to change the input method
Full Changelog

Project Page
https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.jpg
Views:	4339
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1278513   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.jpg
Views:	3800
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1278514   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.jpg
Views:	3789
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1278515   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot4.jpg
Views:	3014
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1345743  
Attached Files
File Type: apk BlueCtrl-3.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (302.2 KB, 3441 views)
Last edited by RonsDev; 6th January 2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Version 3.0
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to RonsDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

117 posts
More
Hey
I thank you sooo much I needed something like this alot for school and you have helped me big

I would donate but I'm only a kid sorry but I would get this out to the world. It would be big

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
17th February 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey,

This app sounds great, running a rooted SGS2 running XXLPB ICS (4.0.3). Have installed and all appears fine, trying to manipulate my PS3 with it nothing happens... Does it only work for custom OSs on PS3? or does it work with the standard PS3 'XMB'?

Cheers

P.s. I realise that I have used a very large amount of acronyms... many apologies, but I estimate to have saved myself a small age in not writing them all out!
17th February 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #4  

7 posts
Works well ! Thanks for this apk.
I try it with another android device and it runs.
17th February 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 225

161 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ72

Hey,

This app sounds great, running a rooted SGS2 running XXLPB ICS (4.0.3). Have installed and all appears fine, trying to manipulate my PS3 with it nothing happens... Does it only work for custom OSs on PS3? or does it work with the standard PS3 'XMB'?

Cheers

P.s. I realise that I have used a very large amount of acronyms... many apologies, but I estimate to have saved myself a small age in not writing them all out!

If I try to pair it with PS3 the ps3 said: "error..." and the app seems to be connected and nothing seem to work but if I try to pair again the PS3 still said "error..." but the app works perfect... at least as long as you dont restart the ps3.
20th February 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 49

223 posts
More
Wont connect to PS3
Firstly thank you for making this app..
so i go into "manage bluetooth devices" and try to pair my rooted i9000 ics 4.0.3,
and i get error (8000315c2) try to regester again i try again and again and and and nothing.... please help....
20th February 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

56 posts
I'm currently investigating the PS3 error but it will take a little bit longer because I don't have a PS3.
20th February 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #8  

1 posts
FC on galaxy note

Sounds like a useful app though!
20th February 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoRSA12

FC on galaxy note

Could you send me the log message of the error?
2nd March 2012, 07:17 AM   |  #10  

1 posts
What IDE do you use to build this app? I'm new to Android and so far I've just used Eclipse. In your source code I didn't see gen folder with R class.

I also met problem when connecting two devices (two Android phones). after paring, I pressed "connect" button then I received a message "Connection refused. The remote device is busy or the devices aren't correctly paired".
Is there a phase to enter the key used to pair two devices? If yes, I didn't see that phase.
Last edited by thangng90; 2nd March 2012 at 07:24 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, remote, root
Previous Thread Next Thread