5,600,725 Members 38,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] anyone ever have a bad day nerding?

Tip us?

psigti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] anyone ever have a bad day nerding?

Pulled a rookie mistake this am and since then 2 more... smh.

I just got my day of release bionic working two days ago after i had left it at a friends house overseas, which forced me to go back to my og Droid for a month. I forgot about the internal SD vs ext SD thing on the bionic and flashed the new ics rom . Now I'm stuck at the motor screen. Would do a fast boot restore but power supply on my PC went up in smoke last week..

Anyone slip and pull a bone head move while flashing?

Bfitz26
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Nope I am extra causious especially when dealing with a non Odin phone

Sent from my XT875 using XDA App

iNsAnEmOd
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 113
Yeah I SuperBricked(battery dead, AND Stuck on "FlashBoot Failure") my Bionic 3 times in 1 DAY!!!

eraursls1984
Old
Thanks Meter 95
I just had two in a row. Lucky for me I never update until there's a recovery file. I just got my RAZR Maxx and flashed nitro's eclipse rom and bricked twice, then I realized I forgot to wipe data. It was really late and I was extremely tired, I actually didn't realize what I was doing wrong until I woke up this morning. Then I tried all day to activate it after going into Verizon and getting a new micro sim for it, I went back into Verizon, and I called tech support twice (tier 2) and spent 25 minutes the first time and 30 minutes the second time. Turns out I was trying to activate my wife's phone with my sim. Let's hope I don't screw up too bad finishing up my theme tomorrow (I started yesterday and planed to finish today but couldn't due to stupidity activating the phone)

iNsAnEmOd
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
I just had two in a row. Lucky for me I never update until there's a recovery file. I just got my RAZR Maxx and flashed nitro's eclipse rom and bricked twice, then I realized I forgot to wipe data. It was really late and I was extremely tired, I actually didn't realize what I was doing wrong until I woke up this morning. Then I tried all day to activate it after going into Verizon and getting a new micro sim for it, I went back into Verizon, and I called tech support twice (tier 2) and spent 25 minutes the first time and 30 minutes the second time. Turns out I was trying to activate my wife's phone with my sim. Let's hope I don't screw up too bad finishing up my theme tomorrow (I started yesterday and planed to finish today but couldn't due to stupidity activating the phone)
Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

eraursls1984
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNsAnEmOd View Post
Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
It gets better, I was experimenting with restoring SMS with appextractor and it worked perfect from my bionic nandroid but not my wife's DX nandroid. I then updated CWM on the X and made another backup, that didn't work. I assume its because of the file system, the X has the froyo style file system where as the RAZR and Bionic have gingerbread file system setup. Then I restored a nandroid to undo all of the experimenting, BRICK! I forgot to swap back to my SD card and instead restored her X nandroid on the RAZR so I used rsd (and the same file that I successfully used the night before) but it failed 3 times, then the battery died so I'm waiting on a factory cable.

psigti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Dude ive been there...seems i only want to futz with my phone after work and on two+days no sleep... i flashed the stock rom but cant update... i get 1/4 through and it stops with an error... i dont have a pc atm.

I think its dumb that you cant get adb or an rsd type program to flash android stuff using an another android device. This asus transformer with dock keyboard has two powered usbs and an sd slot. Wtf! Wammbulance

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

psigti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I also get confused with safestrap lol ive more than once forgotten which was which and flashed over the safecopy...only i can bonehead that hard i swear.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Tivo7
Old
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
I don't even have safestrap lol. I usually know what I'm doing. And I have system backups saved on my computer as well as my SD ext.

If you seem to be making human errors over and over again back to back, take a break. Go back to stock and leave it that way for at least a day. Then come back, read a tut or 2, and try again
Whoever named the Orange, must not have thought about the Carrot.

If you like my work, please DONATE to my Christmas Fund :P

If I've helped in some way, please feel free to tap on that Thanks button down there (: