Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Must Upgrade Swype?

Tip us?

ac16313
Old
Thanks Meter 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman519 View Post
Has any one found a way to make the new swype voice input work with swearing? Me and my friend where playing with it last night. He's still on srf1.2 & the swype on his phone will pick up swearing with out any problems & 3.26.92 on mine has problems & when it does pick up "****" it writes "f*ck" now wtf is that crap. Why would it pick the word up & then mispell it?

If you really where yelling a txt & it did that it would just upset you even more to the point some one mite chuck the phone. We have all seen somone chuck a phone in anger. Maybe that's there plan to get ppl to buy more phones? Hehehhe

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.
I think there is a setting in swype settings that changes that.

Sent from my SPH-D700

zman519
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Where?

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.
“Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." John F. Kennedy

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford

Slothello
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Settings>Voice Input and Output>Voice Recognition Settings>Uncheck Block Offensive Words box.....

zman519
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothello View Post
Settings>Voice Input and Output>Voice Recognition Settings>Uncheck Block Offensive Words box.....
Yes I already have that unchecked. Try it. Say "****" to the new swype & it writes "f*ck" what's the deal am I useing a Child proof phone.

“Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." John F. Kennedy

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford

dilligaf
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelony View Post
ac16313 no need to be a dick. you were a n00b once.
Not sure that a 6 year member is a n00b.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

k0nane
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3763
Quote:
Yes I already have that unchecked. Try it. Say "****" to the new swype & it writes "f*ck" what's the deal am I useing a Child proof phone.
Don't use Swype. The ICS keyboard works better, and you can swear at it all day.

Have I helped? Enjoy my network's fast downloads? Hit the Thanks button!

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane / @publik0! Chat with the OUDHS: irc.freenode.net #oudhitsquad (webchat)

zman519
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nane View Post
Don't use Swype. The ICS keyboard works better, and you can swear at it all day.
You mean cm9? Or a keyboard app? Can swipe words on it?

thaiceman
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

No if you were using a child proof phone it would have an apple logo slapped on the back of it.

Back on topic I really like both the ICS keyboard and Swype but I'm already used to Swype so it looks like the ICS KB is gonna get the back burner for now.

-Ice