T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Must Upgrade Swype?

OP doggiedog

19th February 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #11  
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 378

2,745 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman519

Has any one found a way to make the new swype voice input work with swearing? Me and my friend where playing with it last night. He's still on srf1.2 & the swype on his phone will pick up swearing with out any problems & 3.26.92 on mine has problems & when it does pick up "****" it writes "f*ck" now wtf is that crap. Why would it pick the word up & then mispell it?

If you really where yelling a txt & it did that it would just upset you even more to the point some one mite chuck the phone. We have all seen somone chuck a phone in anger. Maybe that's there plan to get ppl to buy more phones? Hehehhe

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

I think there is a setting in swype settings that changes that.

Sent from my SPH-D700
19th February 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #12  
Flag the Land of Beer & Cheese
Thanks Meter: 244

2,143 posts
Where?

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.
19th February 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 21

83 posts
More
Settings>Voice Input and Output>Voice Recognition Settings>Uncheck Block Offensive Words box.....
19th February 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #14  

2,143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothello

Settings>Voice Input and Output>Voice Recognition Settings>Uncheck Block Offensive Words box.....

Yes I already have that unchecked. Try it. Say "****" to the new swype & it writes "f*ck" what's the deal am I useing a Child proof phone.

20th February 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #15  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 12

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelony

ac16313 no need to be a dick. you were a n00b once.

Not sure that a 6 year member is a n00b.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
21st February 2012, 08:22 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3,768

3,981 posts
More
Quote:

Yes I already have that unchecked. Try it. Say "****" to the new swype & it writes "f*ck" what's the deal am I useing a Child proof phone.

Don't use Swype. The ICS keyboard works better, and you can swear at it all day.
21st February 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #17  

2,143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nane

Don't use Swype. The ICS keyboard works better, and you can swear at it all day.

You mean cm9? Or a keyboard app? Can swipe words on it?

21st February 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #18  
Flag STL - MO
Thanks Meter: 7

25 posts
More
Quote:

No if you were using a child proof phone it would have an apple logo slapped on the back of it.

Back on topic I really like both the ICS keyboard and Swype but I'm already used to Swype so it looks like the ICS KB is gonna get the back burner for now.

-Ice

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread