If you have any details, please post below.
- DO NOT USE SBF FILES EVER.
So, hey yea you. What is this?This is a warning that a developer has hard bricked his device by updating to the new 4.5.141 update and attempting to unlock his device. As well as some users hard bricking their phones by flashing the new 4.5.141 SBF via RSD Lite build on their already unlocked devices and updating via OTA on their already unlocked devices.
How can I avoid getting hard bricked oh knowledgeable person!You can avoid bricking your device by not flashing any over-the-air updates to Android 2.3.6 (4.5.141). You can try flashing Nottach's new ROM based off the 4.5.141 update NottachTrix 4G or just don't upgrade at all.
Specifically, what should I avoid?Specifically you should avoid updating over OTA on an unlocked device, although many users confirmed that it works there is still a very very high risk updating a device with an unlocked bootloader, and you should NOT FLASH THIS SBF!
That link is given so you know what not to flash, if you flash that and get bricked it's not our fault!
What if I already flashed the official 4.5.141?If you flashed the official update you should seriously avoid flashing SBF files in RSD Lite. Using Fruit Cakes to downgrade have not been tested yet, it is suggested over RSD but your on your own until someone confirms that Fruit Cakes work to downgrade.
What happens when you get a hard brick?The error shows:
Failed to boot 0X1000
Too late! I'm bricked, what can I do?Yea yea, I used Kenn's layout from the older warning thread, Sue me...To tell you the truth, it has been impossible to recover from a hardbrick until yesterday. In his post, Nottach was able to fix his hardbrick. He wrote everything he did in that post. Read it and hope it works. Notice: This may not work for you, but you have nothing to lose if it doesn't work since you already bricked your phone...
I could not find any resource here, to provide a step-by-step guide for going from ATT 4.5.91 rooted, with Unlocked Bootloader to the latest 4.5.141 without bricking. I put this together myself and tested it on my own Atrix. Use at your own risk!
It's kind of a technical guide, but you really get to learn about your phone doing it this way. I did assume you know some basics about Android and Atrix that you could learn from Swiftks great guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1154600
Thanks to all of the resources here on XDA, that I used to pull this info together.
- ATT Atrix 4.5.91 with Unlocked Bootloader
- Custom Recovery (Romracers or Rom Manager)
- Take a full Nandroid Backup with CWM
- Backup your apps with TiBu
- Backup Call and SMS Logs with My Backup Root
- 4.5.141 Full SBF - http://atrix.tk/4.5.141/ or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=393
- preinstall.img - for root - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...22&postcount=2
- adb and moto-fdastboot - get anywhere
- Portable SBF Tool - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1059643
- .37P Radio zip (N_01.77.37P_usa_att_12dec2011.zip) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1339047
- Nebtop for Webtop over HDMI - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...p?%20t=1404625
- Open full 4.5.141 SBF with Portable SBF Tool, to extract the smg files. Move the SMG folder, before closing the tool.
- Power off phone
- Power on while holding down the vol button
- Scroll to Fastboot with the vol down, vol up to select fastboot
- Connect to PC
moto-fastboot erase system
moto-fastboot erase boot
moto-fastboot erase webtop
- Flash new boot, system, webtop, preinstall
moto-fastboot flash boot CG59_0x00000130.smg
moto-fastboot flash system CG60_0x00000140.smg
moto-fastboot flash webtop CG61_0x00000150.smg
moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
- Wipe and reboot
- Turn on USB Debugging
/bin/mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /preinstall/su /system/bin/
chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
pm install /preinstall/Superuser.apk
*Make sure to accept the Superuser prompt on the phone when using it the first time.
cp /preinstall/sqlite3 /system/bin/sqlite3
chmod 6755 /system/bin/sqlite3
- Google Video over 3g
select * from main where name='gtalk_vc_wifi_only';
update main set value='false' where name='gtalk_vc_wifi_only';
select * from main where name='gtalk_vc_wifi_only';
- Tether hack
sqlite3 /data/data/com.motorola.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "UPDATE settings SET value='disabled' WHERE name='entitlement_check';"
select * from settings WHERE name='entitlement_check';
adb push N_01.77.37P_usa_att_12dec2011.zip /mnt/sdcard/
reboot into recovery and apply from sdcard
wipe dalvik cache
- Recover apps with TiBu
- Restore Call log and SMS data with My Backup Root
- Remove Annoying SDCARD Mount sounds
setprop persist.service.mount.playsnd 0
- Install the Nebtop Apk for Webtop over HDMI
Original Gingerbread SBF 2.3.6 for ATRIX 4G AT&T USA
For AT&T DEVICES ONLY
DO NOT FLASH TO A DEVICE WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER. ATTEMPTING TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN A BRICK !!!!
Upgrading to 2.3.6 will more than likely prevent you from downgrading to any previous version of Gingerbread.
Compression MD5 - 78CBE2314D76016A12118B30655A3451
SBF MD5 - 0BC556A7FD949317F061E29D88632242
|4.5.141 ota, 4.5.141 sbf, hardbrick, possible fix, warning|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|