Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

All these quad core android leaks, What MS needs to do

Tip us?

lovenokia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default All these quad core android leaks, What MS needs to do

I am seeing all of these crazy quad core android leaks now and windows phone will get even more behind in specs. Look i know that most apps wont even utilize the quad core, there are barely any apps that do dual core but Apollo better be groundbreaking and allow quad core cause that is where MS needs to compete. At this rate i think the next iPhone too will be outdated on release.
The Following User Says Thank You to lovenokia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

svtfmook
Old
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
wp7 doesn't need quad core, in fact, 99% of the smartphone users don't even need a dual core.

you'll see these quad core phones with a huge price tag, low battery life and performing the same as single/dual core devices.

it's completely unnecessary. it's not like you're running lightroom and premiere on your phone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to svtfmook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

makoute
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfmook View Post
wp7 doesn't need quad core, in fact, 99% of the smartphone users don't even need a dual core.

you'll see these quad core phones with a huge price tag, low battery life and performing the same as single/dual core devices.

it's completely unnecessary. it's not like you're running lightroom and premiere on your phone.
Completely unnecessary? Definitely, wanted by many? Hell yes

cyberstoic
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfmook View Post

My concern is with heat dissipation with all that processor power. In addition to my DVP, I have a MyTouch4G Slide - 1.2 ghz dual core - and it can get hot when you are using it. I am curious to see what the longevity of these 1st gen dual cores are based on my experience with the heat. My DVP seldom gets hot, neither did my nexus one for that matter. Just a thought...........
Nokia - N8 and N9
LG Optimus L9
Nexus 4

michael_chea7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default smoked by a windows phone

Haven't you seen any of the Smoked By Windows Phone challenges? A Windows phone is faster than any of the android or iphones out there with dual core processors. IMO thats saying something.
Current Device: AT&T Nokia Lumia 900
Previous Devices: Samsung Focus S, Samsung Focus, HTC Pure
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michael_chea7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArtieQ
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I'm kinda fed up by these donkheads using Android who talks about nothing but specs. You can put WHATEVER you want in that ****ing OS and it will still not run smooth because IT IS NOT OPTIMIZED FOR ****.
Google Nexus 5 16GB (LG-D821)

ROM: Cataclysm 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1 | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Franco (R61)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ArtieQ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emjlr3
Old
Thanks Meter 8
aren't these new procs supposed to be more efficient and cooler than the previous batch?

prohibido_por_la_ley
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Its stupid that android is desperately trying to become more and more like a desktop PC.

ohgood
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_chea7 View Post
Haven't you seen any of the Smoked By Windows Phone challenges? A Windows phone is faster than any of the android or iphones out there with dual core processors. IMO thats saying something.
Stitch a panorama? Smoked.

Shoot 1080? Ditto.

Higher CPU needs are coming ...
U jealous of ice cream duuude ?

Everybody on here that's mad and complaining got smoked by a Windows Phone.

ohgood
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjlr3 View Post
aren't these new procs supposed to be more efficient and cooler than the previous batch?
Generally, yes.
U jealous of ice cream duuude ?

Everybody on here that's mad and complaining got smoked by a Windows Phone.