Ask a question

No registration required

All these quad core android leaks, What MS needs to do

OP lovenokia

17th February 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

575 posts
I am seeing all of these crazy quad core android leaks now and windows phone will get even more behind in specs. Look i know that most apps wont even utilize the quad core, there are barely any apps that do dual core but Apollo better be groundbreaking and allow quad core cause that is where MS needs to compete. At this rate i think the next iPhone too will be outdated on release.
The Following User Says Thank You to lovenokia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 242

1,361 posts
Donate to Me
More
wp7 doesn't need quad core, in fact, 99% of the smartphone users don't even need a dual core.

you'll see these quad core phones with a huge price tag, low battery life and performing the same as single/dual core devices.

it's completely unnecessary. it's not like you're running lightroom and premiere on your phone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to svtfmook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 4

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfmook

wp7 doesn't need quad core, in fact, 99% of the smartphone users don't even need a dual core.

you'll see these quad core phones with a huge price tag, low battery life and performing the same as single/dual core devices.

it's completely unnecessary. it's not like you're running lightroom and premiere on your phone.

Completely unnecessary? Definitely, wanted by many? Hell yes
17th February 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfmook

My concern is with heat dissipation with all that processor power. In addition to my DVP, I have a MyTouch4G Slide - 1.2 ghz dual core - and it can get hot when you are using it. I am curious to see what the longevity of these 1st gen dual cores are based on my experience with the heat. My DVP seldom gets hot, neither did my nexus one for that matter. Just a thought...........
17th February 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
smoked by a windows phone
Haven't you seen any of the Smoked By Windows Phone challenges? A Windows phone is faster than any of the android or iphones out there with dual core processors. IMO thats saying something.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michael_chea7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 68

1,365 posts
More
I'm kinda fed up by these donkheads using Android who talks about nothing but specs. You can put WHATEVER you want in that ****ing OS and it will still not run smooth because IT IS NOT OPTIMIZED FOR ****.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ArtieQ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

68 posts
aren't these new procs supposed to be more efficient and cooler than the previous batch?
18th February 2012, 03:36 AM   |  #8  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17

199 posts
More
Its stupid that android is desperately trying to become more and more like a desktop PC.
18th February 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #9  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 96

1,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_chea7

Haven't you seen any of the Smoked By Windows Phone challenges? A Windows phone is faster than any of the android or iphones out there with dual core processors. IMO thats saying something.

Stitch a panorama? Smoked.

Shoot 1080? Ditto.

Higher CPU needs are coming ...
18th February 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #10  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 96

1,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjlr3

aren't these new procs supposed to be more efficient and cooler than the previous batch?

Generally, yes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread