HTC Magic 32A (stolen) - FroyoDragon ROM developer
Motorola Defy+ MB525 (sold)

Googie2149
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguy2008 View Post
Someone should sacrifice a nook and see how long does it lasts xD
Well, my screen is already cracked, so I could see how long the corner that does work lasts running this. Anyone have a looping GIF I could try?
Android Devices - Nook Color running Stock 1.4.2 and CM7 from 16GB SD; Rooted Nook Simple Touch with broken screen, but still runs; Currently Stock Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 with cracked glass. I wonder how long until my NC dies...

FFaser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googie2149 View Post
Well, my screen is already cracked, so I could see how long the corner that does work lasts running this. Anyone have a looping GIF I could try?
Would be interesting)

Ive tryed this app and it seems like the driver doesnt turn off in this fastrefreshmode, even if the page doesnt change visually, its still sizzling if you hear closer.

Googie2149
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFaser View Post
...its still sizzling if you hear closer.
That's normal for the E-Ink display. Try turning off NoRefresh and letting the "Slide to Unlock" screen display for a while, you'll hear it then too.
Android Devices - Nook Color running Stock 1.4.2 and CM7 from 16GB SD; Rooted Nook Simple Touch with broken screen, but still runs; Currently Stock Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 with cracked glass. I wonder how long until my NC dies...

FFaser
Old
(Last edited by FFaser; 26th March 2012 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That's normal for the E-Ink display. Try turning off NoRefresh and letting the "Slide to Unlock" screen display for a while, you'll hear it then too.
No, only while the four arrows are refreshing. Usually when the screen doesnt change, you hear nothing.

Googie2149
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
No, only while the four arrows are refreshing. Usually when the screen doesnt change, you hear nothing.
That's what I meant. When the screen changes, NoRefresh or not, it makes the noise.

FFaser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That's what I meant. When the screen changes, NoRefresh or not, it makes the noise.
And what i meant was that with norefresh nook make noise even if nothing on screen change.

Googie2149
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
And what i meant was that with norefresh nook make noise even if nothing on screen change.
Huh. That's kind of cool, actually, however bad it might be.

staylo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Thanks, that was a useful observation! I'd noticed when testing with a relatively CPU heavy application that power consumption didn't seem to vary between a static or moving image in A2 mode (iirc 12.5 hours of battery life with moving image, 13.5 hours with static image), but took this to mean that power consumption from the eink screen was negligable at the slow (~1fps) update rates I was using and that the CPU usage was responsible.

Sounds like that's not the case, and it's useful to know the only real test required is to listen to the screen

wheilitjohnny
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I use this NoRefresh App very happily!

Combining with the multitouch mod, reading PDF is amazing.

This is exactly wt i expect for an e-ink PDF reader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDk8a0leP4U