GARY: Firmware .14 freeze-reboot thread - .15 beta Firmware

18th February 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
I've never had the lockup reboot problem with any version of the firmware but I wonder have any of you did a factory reset without backing up your installed apps and ran it a while with just the factory apps to see if maybe its an app you added to your Prime causing the reboots?
18th February 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

505 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwell

I've never had the lockup reboot problem with any version of the firmware but I wonder have any of you did a factory reset without backing up your installed apps and ran it a while with just the factory apps to see if maybe its an app you added to your Prime causing the reboots?

Did you read my thread at the beginning..

hard reset (no app install)
factory reset (no app install)

downgrade to .11 no problem
.13 to .14 same problem
18th February 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Things just keep getting worse...
I tried posting this from my Prime, but it locked up too often As suggested I did a factory reset (which didn't resolve the freeze/reboot issue). Now there is a new problem. I was reinstalling apps and came to one that says it isn't compatible with my device. How can that be?? I had it on my Prime and it was working fine (Scrabble Free for Android). Now when I go to re-download and install, I can't because it says "not compatible." It was working on my tablet just fine last night. Any ideas what's going on now??
18th February 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
It would be nice if they just released the bootloader unlock tool. The developers from xda could probably have most of this stuff ironed out in no time. Seems as if each new firmware brings on a whole new set of users experiencing issues.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
18th February 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #25  

5 posts
Same problem constantly reboots to the point that I'm unable to use it at all. It sucks because the previous update worked just fine. I hope they come with a fix like today!
18th February 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
having the same issue while watching Netflix. serial number is BBOKAS0
18th February 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

505 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambryantho

having the same issue while watching Netflix. serial number is BBOKAS0

if it is with netflix then i don't believe this problem is related. If it only happy while watching netflix try doing a hard reset or factory restore since this is not the same issue.

Just incase try going to setting, out opening application, closing etc. If it lock up-freeze then reboot doing this normal task then you have our problem.
Last edited by eduardmc; 18th February 2012 at 10:50 PM.
19th February 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #28  

5 posts
Adding to my post on trouble with prime reboot. ver 13 had alot fewer reboots, unuseable now after upgrade to ver14. Reboots every few minutes. sn BCOKAS134340 .

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

how do you reset prime to ver13 would like to be able to use it. can not find info in forum
19th February 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 34

168 posts
None of the issues experienced in this thread with the update to .14 on a C1OKAS model, but have experienced:

1. No wifi signal after first boot on install of new firmware. Reboot fixed that.

2. Opened a game and only received black screen (Pinball title fro Tegra Zone) and it fixed with reboot.

That is all for me. The update was not significantly different otherwise than .13 or .11. My Prime just works.
19th February 2012, 07:49 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 82

548 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor

None of the issues experienced in this thread with the update to .14 on a C1OKAS model, but have experienced:

1. No wifi signal after first boot on install of new firmware. Reboot fixed that.

2. Opened a game and only received black screen (Pinball title fro Tegra Zone) and it fixed with reboot.

That is all for me. The update was not significantly different otherwise than .13 or .11. My Prime just works.

I would not consider those issues at all if it was on first boot after firmware update. Always do a power off and turn back on after that initial boot to avoid any of the odd happenings.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread