Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 44,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Evo wont do anything?

Tip us?

BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD
Old
(Last edited by BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD; 18th February 2012 at 02:05 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Evo wont do anything?

The past couple weeks my phone has been having problems charging, so my first thought was the micro usb port. so ive been charging my battery solely by taking the battery out and using the external wall charger. Well now when i put a fresh battery in it doesnt do anything. Ive been working so much lately that i havent had time to even think about flashing anything. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :confused

ok so just now i put a fresh battery in and tried to power it on and it came on no problem????? loose connection somewhere???

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2043
Well, put the battery in the evo, plug it into the wall, and see if the light comes on first.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
Thanks Meter 3494

DONATE TO ME
Check the battery terminals on the phone and make sure they didn't get bent some how if they did a #1 precision Philips or flat head screw driver or round nose jewelers pliers work good to preposition em with out breaking them

We are legion, for we are many

BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok so, terminals look good, and when I plug the micro usb in to charge you have to hold it in a certain position for the light to come on.battery was low so I Let the battery charge in the external charger and put back in the phone and now charging light wont comes on at all, and hold power down and after about 4 or 5 seconds I get one short vibration?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Devices

OG Evo Rev 2 s-off Synergized
EvoLTE dirrty racuun s-off/ mean bean/superjelly

plainjane
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD View Post
Ok so, terminals look good, and when I plug the micro usb in to charge you have to hold it in a certain position for the light to come on.battery was low so I Let the battery charge in the external charger and put back in the phone and now charging light wont comes on at all, and hold power down and after about 4 or 5 seconds I get one short vibration?

Having to hold it at a certain angle usually means the USB port is loose. It's a common problem. If you have TEP (or possibly under warranty), you should be able to get a replacement without paying the deductible. If you don't have either, you can try to fix it but it's difficult to do from what I hear.
If it won't turn on at all then that's a different problem. It's weird that you'd have two unrelated problems with the phone, but I guess it's possible. I may be misunderstanding though.

Supersonic Evo 4G | MIUI | Tapatalk
HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G)
HW 003
Hboot 2.02 S-Off
Amon Ra recovery
More stuff that I'm too lazy to figure out and type.
MIUI 2.3.2_b1 ES (by Swiperat)
Extended Settings Mod
Tiamat 4.1.0 SBC

My wallpaper collection
GTalk: ohhhgeez@gmail.com

If you think I can help you with something or need me to elaborate on a post then feel free to pm me. I'll try my best to help you out.

Oh, and I have a vagina. Fear me :P

BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So TEP I can take it in and not pay a deductible? Im going to have to do that

Devices

BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
What does it mean when I push the power button and all I get is a single vibration?

Devices

plainjane
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD View Post
So TEP I can take it in and not pay a deductible? Im going to have to do that

Yes, but attempt to unroot first - some people care, others don't. Take it into the store, tell them the charging port is loose and explain your other problems. That's what I did, the guy ran it through Asurion (at least that's what he told me) but I didn't have to pay a deductible.

I'm not quite understanding your other issue, I don't know why it would do that. Since you're going to take it in, go ahead and run an RUU in PC36IMG form through the bootloader, assuming you can get into hboot. This may or may not solve your problem, I don't know.

Supersonic Evo 4G | MIUI | Tapatalk
HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G)
HW 003
Hboot 2.02 S-Off
Amon Ra recovery
More stuff that I'm too lazy to figure out and type.
MIUI 2.3.2_b1 ES (by Swiperat)
Extended Settings Mod
Tiamat 4.1.0 SBC

My wallpaper collection
GTalk: ohhhgeez@gmail.com

If you think I can help you with something or need me to elaborate on a post then feel free to pm me. I'll try my best to help you out.

Oh, and I have a vagina. Fear me :P

BrImStOnE UnLeAsHeD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default solved

Lcd ribbon came loose from the board. the phone rang but nothing on the screen. oh and also i have a loose usb connection.

Tags
micro usb port, no power