[DIY] Minimal Sleve

535 posts
Thanks Meter: 84
By tshoulihane, Senior Member on 18th February 2012, 03:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Not being one for wanting to hide my Prime away, I did want to be able to protect it if it's loose in a bag. I thought a microfibre cloth would be ideal, so bought a microfibre dog towel from Tesco (40x60cm)

Folded 3 times, stitched along each long end, and along the short end then turned inside out. (I didn't sew it myself, but only because I was too lazy to find my sewing machine in the loft!). Cost - £3.50, plus a meal for the sewing

It's best to err on the side of being slightly tight rather than loose, since the fabric will probably stretch a little in the first few days.
19th February 2012, 12:02 AM |#2  
Under Your Skin
Thanks Meter: 372
Neoprene from a wetsuit would be even better & what I plan to make as I have made them many times in the past as they absorb more shock & pressure

Nice job
20th February 2012, 12:26 AM |#3  
Flag Bay City, MI
Thanks Meter: 17
Use the microfiber to line the neoprene

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
20th February 2012, 03:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1
I like £3.50 DIY projects! How do you close it? Just by folding it?
21st February 2012, 12:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17
Haha! awesome. I did the same DIY several weeks ago but by hand (so looks worse) jejejeje.

The next step would be to use a suede-like fabric, and create a small sleeve that would look tip top.
23rd February 2012, 03:10 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
Originally Posted by daerchwing

I like £3.50 DIY projects! How do you close it? Just by folding it?

Yes. The open end just folds over - it's about 1/2 the length of the prime extra. Long enough to tuck under neatly if it's on a table, and long enough to stay in place in a bag, I hope.
23rd February 2012, 03:16 PM |#7  
Flag Markham
Thanks Meter: 64
if you want you can spend another like $1 on a fancy button that you can use to close the bag
just an idea

but that looks very nice tho good job!
23rd February 2012, 03:39 PM |#8  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 0
It looks like a pillow. I would sit on it. Be careful if you leave it on your couch.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread