Disappointing battery life. So far

OP ultravorx

23rd February 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #71  
Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 21

114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Err0xx

If you haven't already, download BetterBatteryStats from the market and keep an eye on "Partial Wakelocks" to see of anything is keeping your phone from deep sleep. My first charge was horrible. Went into battery stats and saw that my awake time was constant. BetterBatteryStats let me see and close these programs. Battery improved 50%.

Yes my battery life is with LTE in Atlanta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

No partial wakelocks. I wonder what could be causing such a big discrepancy between your battery life and mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuac

There are a few issues with the phone but battery life definitely is not one of them. I'm at 55% after being unplugged for 31 hours. GPS and 4G have been on as well.

wow if that's 31 hours on LTE, I'm taking my phone back!
23rd February 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randaddy

No partial wakelocks. I wonder what could be causing such a big discrepancy between your battery life and mine...

wow if that's 31 hours on LTE, I'm taking my phone back!

It's just HSPA+, but even then, with my Epic Touch 4G on Sprint, the phone could last at most 20 hours with 4G on, so this is a step in the right direction. Even more impressive since HSPA+ is just as fast as Sprint's 4G.
23rd February 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #73  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 82

457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randaddy

Also not impressed with battery life on LTE (about 75% of my day the phone has a decent LTE signal). I have set market apps to update over wifi only. Got it last Friday, charged to full from dead at least 5 times now. Static wallpaper, brightness set fairly low, wifi off when LTE available, non android processes/apps set to sync when opened or every 6 hours.

Not rooted yet. Does the AT&T bloatware cause a lot of battery drain?

Note users on LTE, please chime in if you're seeing better/worse battery life.

Well I am LTE in Atlanta as well and based on your screen time of 1.5 hours at 48% your doing pretty fair. The ATT crap not only EATS the battery. Root and remove the Bloatware. If you look at my posts I am getting about 50% better life than you in the same area. I am a heavy user during the week and I can tell you, you must ROOT and DE-BLOAT.
23rd February 2012, 01:43 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 24

244 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthsdog

Well I am LTE in Atlanta as well and based on your screen time of 1.5 hours at 48% your doing pretty fair. The ATT crap not only EATS the battery. Root and remove the Bloatware. If you look at my posts I am getting about 50% better life than you in the same area. I am a heavy user during the week and I can tell you, you must ROOT and DE-BLOAT.

Can you list or point to which apps count as "Bloat"?? I would love to do the same!!
23rd February 2012, 01:48 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 17

61 posts
I'm getting pretty decent battery life for a large smart phone. I have been trying to kill the battery every night so that I can recharge from a low battery state.(I do this with all my smart phones for the first few cycles). Here's what I'm getting.
I have to say this is by far the best battery life I have seen in a smart phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #76  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 6

279 posts
More
I have no idea how can you guys keep it up for more than 12hrs.... I got mine since Sunday and in the past 2 or 3 days the most I could get was 12 hrs... I barely make it through the day and I cant imagine the battery life will increase that much after "breaking in"

CPU spy is showing my phone is in deep sleep... and I just root it last night to freeze all the bloatware... dunno what else I can do to keep it up beside not using it :P
Last edited by odobo; 23rd February 2012 at 02:20 AM.
23rd February 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #77  
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 249

1,839 posts
Donate to Me
More
This isnt too good. Display was off for 7 straight hours!

Just rooted, made some profiles on SetCPU, and froze crapware. I'll update tomorrow with another graph.
sent from my white galaxy note At&t
Last edited by Orange_furball; 23rd February 2012 at 02:37 AM.
23rd February 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
What bloatware do you guys suggest freeezing? Just bought Titanium backup so im ready to go!
23rd February 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #79  
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 249

1,839 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaley

What bloatware do you guys suggest freeezing? Just bought Titanium backup so im ready to go!

I just froze some Att programs. Like the navigator and stuff

sent from my white galaxy note At&t
23rd February 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #80  
Flag Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks Meter: 155

568 posts
More
This is my battery life. 21 hours unplugged, and made it to just over 5 hours screen on time when my battery hit 1%. Totally stock, auto-brightness, streamed music over Bluetooth, browsed the web, watched videos, and used wifi. Also in a LTE area (Atlanta)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1329962256946.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	915294  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread