Gueste2X "GoodBye" v2.0R
... one ROM to please them all ...
based on the best parts of the official LG Gingerbread 2.3.4 Roms v20E & v20M & v20Q & v20S + parts from my CM7 Hybrid Revolution ROM
plus latest guestekrnL (kernel) v2.2.1 which has been initially created for this ROM
(this is a perfectly STABLE O2X ROM for everyday use)
- this ROM is a hybrid out of various official LG Stock ROMs and my CM7 hybrid ROM
- Cyanogenmod APN List
- light-weight ROM, crap removed
- includes my latest kernel (guestekrnL v2.2.1)
- Reboot Option in Shutdown Menu
- incl. latest fabulous GuesteOC tweaking app by TrymHansen
- removed unnecessary apps
- Torch app from CM7
- ext4 file system (auto conversion)
- highly optimized for performance
- incredibly fast and stable
- various themes and boot animations available for download
- additional Gingerbread keyboard
- LG UI Home 2 Launcher, modded by me (removed SNS crap)
- selected tweaks
- non-increasing ringtone
- OnScreenPhone removed from settings (credits and thx to Flix123 !)
- Fast Dormancy Log Spamming Fix and there will also be CMW packages for complete FD deactivation (the ones of 2.2 are compatible but currently down)
- Scrolling Cache disabled for smoother scrolling
- modified hosts file for blocking spam
- init.d functionality
- current busybox preinstalled
- silent Start / Shutdown (the silent MP3s are from DjangoManouce - thanks to carburano!)
- no fast dormancy log spamming
- much much more ...
- Download Mirror 1 with reuploaded/missing versions (thanks, mandoku!) (contains v2.0, v2.0R-NVFlash-5XXMB, v2.0R-CWM-3XXMB, v2.0R-CWM-5XXMB): http://tinyurl.com/po9whrm
- Download CWM version (contains v2.0R-CWM-3XXMB): http://goo.im/devs/gueste/Gueste2X_G...NVFlash_or_CWM (if you can't see the ROMs in Chrome browser, use Firefox or Opera)
- Download NVFlash Unbrick version (thanks, al3x1393!) (contains v2.0R-NVFlash-5XXMB): http://goo.gl/ewuxab
- Download Mirror 2 (contains various versions) (thanks, sreeprajay!) http://d-h.st/users/sreeprajay/?fld_id=35003#files
- Download Themes (with/without music player in status bar): http://www.mediafire.com/?a00njo3oenvvw (don't flash themes directly after the ROM - boot once first)
- Download Boot Animations: http://www.mediafire.com/?2my9bx4u57gey
Complete source of included kernel is located in the main kernel download folder: https://www.mediafire.com/#9lvnkfthj9dbo
- NVFlash version: download, unpack, run Windows or Linux installer (on Win install APX drivers first, on Ubuntu64 install ia32-libs first) and follow the instructions ;; If coming from Gingerbread partitioning layout, you can backup and restore your /data partition ;; your internal SD will be wiped
- CWM Zip 3xx MB system partition: Just flash with CWM, if you want full-wipe, then format /data partition with CWM first. Can only be flashed when you are using Gingerbread partitioning layout, not ICS.
- CWM Zip 5xx MB system partition: Just flash with CWM, if you want full-wipe, then format /data partition with CWM first. Can only be flashed when you are using Gingerbread partitioning layout with >=512 MB /system partition size, not ICS.
- All versions: Install themes AFTER you have booted the ROM once. If market doesn't work on first boot, then reboot to fix it.
Script by spyrosk for backing up data of internal SD card so you don't loose anything when using NVFlash version: LINK -- currently for use on Windows only
Gueste2X GoodBye v2.0R (rebuilt, updated) -- as NVFlash version and CWM ZIPChangelog latest version:
- NVFlash version added:
- allows you to unbrick your device
- allows you to go back from ICS and new bootloader directly to this ROM and Gingerbread bootloader + partitioning layout
- provides increased /system partition size of 512 MB, so it is compatible with tonyp/harsh ICS ROMs (full version)
- provides increased recovery partition size of 50 MB
- provides increased /data partition size of 1.85 GB
- Comes with CWM5 taken from Homero's NVFlash ROM, thanks and credits to him
- Noob-Secure installation process, user is told what to do and asked for permission
- Allows backup and restore of /data partition (when coming from Gingerbread-compatible partitioning layout)
- wipes internal SD card
- allows restoring of stock LG internal SD card contents (some music, apps,...)
- CWM ZIPs and general changes in all versions:
- upgrade to latest guestekrnL (kernel) v2.2.1 (release NOV 20 2012) - for providing latest features and maximum smoothness
- v20J RIL included per default. Best combination is with v20L BaseBand (available in download folder, install it for best power consumption!)
- Music Player Bugfix for v2.0 of the ROM already included
- updated ad blocker
- when performing /data wipe, you will get a system exactly like you had it directly after ROM flash, without losing any of the pre-installed apps of the ROM
- faster CWM installation process thanks to delivering /system partition contents as ext4 image file
- no more Aroma installation needed, best available guestekrnL will be installed per default (spica toolchain edition HOC)If you want a ROM smoother, faster, more stable and more energy saving than my currently offered ICS builds, then you might want to try this ROM!
Personal remarks to release of v2.0:Quote:Originally Posted by Stefan GündhörPDroid Enabler for Gueste2X GoodBye v2.0R -- all versions
As a matter of fact some people still might be enjoying Gingerbread, so for those I decided to finally offer a PDroid patch for this ROM (thanks to carburano who linked me the right PDroid patcher version that finally worked).
I've always wanted to offer this ROM with PDroid compatibility and now I can do so.
It still is a smooth ROM, it still is a stable ROM, it still offers good battery and a nice NVFlash installer for those wanting a clean setup or coming from ICS.
So for those still using it: Enjoy
Q: What is PDroid? - A: A cool privacy protection tool for restricting app permissions -- made by svyat ; here is his thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1357056
Q: How can I use PDroid on GoodBye ROM v2.0R? - A: First load the PDroid enabler for the ROM and flash it with CWM (no wipes required or if you want then wipe dalvik). After this load PDroid app from Market and enjoy!
Also I've uploaded the latest guestekrnL Aroma kernel installer to the upload folder of this ROM as well. The latest guestekrnL compiled with spica-toolchain is already included in v2.0R ROM, but you might want to give the version compiled with flix-toolchain a try, it is a bit smoother.
I decided to revive my GoodBye ROM and make a new version (v2.0) one more time. There are already a couple of very good Stock ROMs out there like Django Manouche, so basically another one is not really necessary.
However, I hate unfinished work and the last version of this ROM was very unstable, so I finally decided to fix it and make it stable again.
I completely re-worked the GoodBye ROM with focus on maximum smoothness, performance while still being stable, hopefully providing good battery and being light-weight.
Many experiences in tweaking and similar stuff I made during the last year have been helpful in creating GoodBye v2.0.
v2.0 is how I personally want a ROM to be, which doesn't mean it will be perfect for everyone, but it should at least be a solid base for good user experience.
Latest changes in download archive:
- [November 20, 2012] New ROM Release v2.0R available
- [October 23, 2012] New ROM Release v2.0 available
- [February 21] Thorbear from XDA p.ex. has provided us a showcase for the bootanimations yesterday - Thank you! (Unpack ZIP and open HTML file for previews)
- [February 20] 9 new Boot Animations available in download archive: android_glow, android_particles, bios, bumblebee, cia, dex, gueste2x, laser, tesseract ;; credits: cojo & KidHoschie from Handy-Faq.de and the ppl. who initially made the animations
- [February 20] added 4 new skins in download archive, they are the same as the default one, but they have a stock-like battery-icon (green bar without numbers). All combinations are available: no music buttons but toggle buttons, no music and no toggle buttons, music and toggle buttons, toggle buttons but no music buttons
- [February 19] 3 new boot animations for changing: Nyancat (funny^^), Galaxy Nexus and LG Stock -- many more coming tomorrow!
- [February 19] Some new basic themes are online (in download archive, including beautiful lidterose theme), and also tweak packages for turning on/off fast dormancy and scrolling cache