Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]MIUI v4 2.3.23 HTC EVO 3D CDMA [03-27-2012]

Tip us?
 
bdoople
Old
#101  
bdoople's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 117
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiswar951 View Post
Google Voice Actions
In call audio a bit low
Google Chrome

That's about it. Some hwaccel transitions. But that's about it.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App
and some issue with themes.
 
jclendineng
Old
#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 388
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delaware

 
DONATE TO ME
Netflix,

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using xda premium
 
Gene_Bailey
Old
(Last edited by Gene_Bailey; 20th February 2012 at 05:27 PM.)
#103  
Gene_Bailey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 644
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temple
Joel,

Based off of my use,

some issues with Themes not applying a hundred percent (mainly the dialer actually)

Some issues with applying themes causing the theme APK to entirely freeze.

When adding widgets to the homescreen there is a ton of slowdown and lag, and often the widgets won't fully load until a reboot. Till the reboot they are indicated with the "Widget loading" placeholder.

Issues with the microphone not being properly called by different apps like Shazam, Sound Hound, Google Voice Search, etc

Issues with Chrome compatibility. None of the web pages actually show up. Just white pages lol

Something isn't meshing with Facebook and their push notifications again >.< it worked perfectly on you're CM9 kang, but not so much here.

Oh and I'm not sure if this is you or just MIUI V4, but there used to be an option in GB versions of MIUI for editing folders not just to change their names but to organize the apps contained within them in different ways. I can't find this option in V4.

*EDIT*

I've also noticed that gallery settings just don't work. They actually don't show up at all!

Also I'm noticing some issues with Swype that weren't existent on CM9, namely the actual swype input not working. It allows you to type, but only by pecking at the keyboard. A bit frustrating lol

That's really all I've noticed over the last few days. There's not a thing holding me back from using this as my daily driver. Actually many of the GFX issues that CM9 seemed to have with video playback are non existent here.

Great job!


Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using xda premium
 
minieod
Old
#104  
minieod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,378
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cambridge, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene_Bailey View Post
Joel,

Based off of my use,

some issues with Themes not applying a hundred percent (mainly the dialer actually)

Some issues with applying themes causing the theme APK to entirely freeze.

When adding widgets to the homescreen there is a ton of slowdown and lag, and often the widgets won't fully load until a reboot. Till the reboot they are indicated with the "Widget loading" placeholder.

Issues with the microphone not being properly called by different apps like Shazam, Sound Hound, Google Voice Search, etc

Issues with Chrome compatibility. None of the web pages actually show up. Just white pages lol

Something isn't meshing with Facebook and their push notifications again >.< it worked perfectly on you're CM9 kang, but not so much here.

Oh and I'm not sure if this is you or just MIUI V4, but there used to be an option in GB versions of MIUI for editing folders not just to change their names but to organize the apps contained within them in different ways. I can't find this option in V4.

*EDIT*

I've also noticed that gallery settings just don't work. They actually don't show up at all!

Also I'm noticing some issues with Swype that weren't existent on CM9, namely the actual swype input not working. It allows you to type, but only by pecking at the keyboard. A bit frustrating lol

That's really all I've noticed over the last few days. There's not a thing holding me back from using this as my daily driver. Actually many of the GFX issues that CM9 seemed to have with video playback are non existent here.

Great job!


Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using xda premium
this and (i think) there is something with video/graphic use .... i am not much of a game player on the phone, but i was bored last night at work and downloaded 4 different games and none worked. i would download and launch , then a black screen only, and then it would FC --- these were 3dish graphic games

so maybe that is hwaccel?
 
skw5115
Old
#105  
skw5115's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 848
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by minieod View Post
this and (i think) there is something with video/graphic use .... i am not much of a game player on the phone, but i was bored last night at work and downloaded 4 different games and none worked. i would download and launch , then a black screen only, and then it would FC --- these were 3dish graphic games

so maybe that is hwaccel?
3d doesn't work so that's probably it

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App
 
minieod
Old
#106  
minieod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 1,378
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cambridge, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skw5115 View Post
3d doesn't work so that's probably it

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App
not 3D visual...but 3d graphics (ie, not angry birds, which is 2d)
 
skw5115
Old
(Last edited by skw5115; 20th February 2012 at 06:23 PM.)
#107  
skw5115's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 848
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by minieod View Post
not 3D visual...but 3d graphics (ie, not angry birds, which is 2d)
Oh OK I got you now

Edit: that's strange though because I play need for speed shift all the time with no problems (3d graphics)

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App
 
ch1naski
Old
#108  
ch1naski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2525
Posts: 5,076
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene_Bailey View Post
Joel,

Based off of my use,

some issues with Themes not applying a hundred percent (mainly the dialer actually)

Some issues with applying themes causing the theme APK to entirely freeze.

When adding widgets to the homescreen there is a ton of slowdown and lag, and often the widgets won't fully load until a reboot. Till the reboot they are indicated with the "Widget loading" placeholder.

Issues with the microphone not being properly called by different apps like Shazam, Sound Hound, Google Voice Search, etc

Issues with Chrome compatibility. None of the web pages actually show up. Just white pages lol

Something isn't meshing with Facebook and their push notifications again >.< it worked perfectly on you're CM9 kang, but not so much here.

Oh and I'm not sure if this is you or just MIUI V4, but there used to be an option in GB versions of MIUI for editing folders not just to change their names but to organize the apps contained within them in different ways. I can't find this option in V4.

*EDIT*

I've also noticed that gallery settings just don't work. They actually don't show up at all!

Also I'm noticing some issues with Swype that weren't existent on CM9, namely the actual swype input not working. It allows you to type, but only by pecking at the keyboard. A bit frustrating lol

That's really all I've noticed over the last few days. There's not a thing holding me back from using this as my daily driver. Actually many of the GFX issues that CM9 seemed to have with video playback are non existent here.

Great job!


Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using xda premium
Swype works, but depends on version. Latest beta us working for me.

Dumbass with a smartphone.
Quadrants are meaningless.
"God, Sense looks like anus"
 
144saint
Old
#109  
144saint's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 134
Posts: 530
Join Date: Dec 2010
applied a theme and went to the lockscreen to take a look and the theme didnt like the qhd display so i couldnt unlock it. got stuck so i had to restore my old rom. lol. Wish someone would het 4G to work on this. This Rom is definitely a keeper.
 
bdoople
Old
(Last edited by bdoople; 20th February 2012 at 09:57 PM.) Reason: key != button
#110  
bdoople's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 117
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 144saint View Post
applied a theme and went to the lockscreen to take a look and the theme didnt like the qhd display so i couldnt unlock it. got stuck so i had to restore my old rom. lol. Wish someone would het 4G to work on this. This Rom is definitely a keeper.
Hold the back button and hit volume up. It's a force unlock built into MIUI just in case that happens.

Tags
developer_of_the_year, yumiuimy
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes