Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Compile AOKP and CyanogenMod for HTC Sensation on Ubuntu (ONLY 64-bit)

Tip us?

mpmilestogo
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Seems like the error 41 persists for me. On a AMD64 ubuntu server box with 4g of memory. I lowered the Xmx java setting to 1024 but I am seeing this ever since the last repo sync this evening.

http://pastebin.com/EREcLfX6

This only started occurring after syncing this evening and seeing a lot of changes to apps and framework from CM9.

kmmxracer
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I'm getting the same issues. interesting???

hawkeyexp
Old
Thanks Meter 9
sampe problem here
HTC Desire

S-OFF (Aplharev 1.8 - SenseTable) HBOOT 0.93 / CM7.1 Nightly / Radio 5.17.05.23 / Battery Original

HTC Sensation

S-OFF (Revolutionary) HBOOT 1.27 / CM11 / Radio 11.76A.3504.00_U / Battery Anker 1900 mAh

Sony XPERIA Z1

BOOTLOADER Unlocked / CM11.0

blahbl4hblah
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,622

DONATE TO ME
I haven't had the issue ever that I could remember
But for me to find out more about this error can you tell me if your using virtual machine or dual boot or something else. Whether your using 64bit or 32bit

I've only compiled on a 64bit so I wouldn't know how this goes with 32bit

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
Before you even ask for help, do help yourself and search for it first!

seadersn
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,803

DONATE TO ME
very nice, it's possible now, thx to commits @ gerrit, to switch on flashlight per statusbar/notification area buttons
"If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy. If multiple people have the same imaginary friend, it's religion."

mpmilestogo
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahbl4hblah View Post
But for me to find out more about this error can you tell me if your using virtual machine or dual boot or something else. Whether your using 64bit or 32bit

Hi. I'm running this on real hardware. Its a AMD64 Shuttle system with Ubuntu 11.10 64bit server with 4gb of memory and all the packages installed necessary to compile. I have been successfully compiling ROMs until late last night when after a repo sync it all fell apart with the symbol errors and the error 41.

I tried backing off the java virtual machine memory to 1024 since initially I believed that perhaps I had been too aggressive with the -j switch for the system and it failed. There are a few causes of this I found online so tried those and the one posted a few posts up from here.

Nothing has really resolved this problem. Kinda considering just redoing the entire thing all over again since I have a decent internet connection. I have never had problems compiling although it does take about 2 hours on this sytem after doing a make clobber.

kmmxracer
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahbl4hblah View Post

I'm building on a dedicated machine, no VM. Running 64-bit Ubuntu 11.10. So I was thrown of by the suggestion to try the fix for 32-bit. I didn't make any changes, followed the guide exactly, I have even had successful build in the past, before the switch to the OpenSensation repo.

I just woke us, so I'm trying
#make cobbler
#repo sync
#make -j4 bacon

to see how it goes. I'll post all errors if I get any.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmilestogo View Post
Kinda considering just redoing the entire thing all over again since I have a decent internet connection. I have never had problems compiling although it does take about 2 hours on this sytem after doing a make clobber.
I did start from a fresh install of Ubuntu and followed the newest guide, and I'm getting errors for the first time.

blahbl4hblah
Old
Thanks Meter 1,622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadersn View Post
very nice, it's possible now, thx to commits @ gerrit, to switch on flashlight per statusbar/notification area buttons
You mean toggle button? Do you have the Gerrit ljnk for it to be enabled? I want to add it xD

Thanks

seadersn
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,803

DONATE TO ME
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/13422

i think it was only this one, and enabling it @ framework / device tree (link from v.) and adding it @ manifest.
"If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy. If multiple people have the same imaginary friend, it's religion."
The Following User Says Thank You to seadersn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blahbl4hblah
Old
Thanks Meter 1,622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadersn View Post
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/13422

i think it was only this one, and enabling it @ framework / device tree (link from v.) and adding it @ manifest.
Thanks let's hope it gets merged Haha if not then at least we can add it back xD

Tags
cm9, guide, ics, pyramid, sensation