Dual channel HSPA

Search This thread

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
Just wanted to share that using the Telus modem on the skyrocket leads to better speeds on HSPA for me. Reason being that the Telus modem has dual channel HSPA enabled so it should theoretically hit speeds of 42 mbps.

The modem can be found here. It is the Telus KJ3 modem.

This would work fine for both Rogers and AT&T users since Telus operates on the same frequencies. Share your experiences below if you try this please!

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
Thanks! i will give it a go.

Is it just thst radio or other tmo radios as well? i have been using kj7 ...will try the other

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

Last edited:

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
Well i didnt get far. it appears that i hit the magic 2gb number and was throttled just as I tried this :/

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
Well i didnt get far. it appears that i hit the magic 2gb number and was throttled just as I tried this :/

Haha ****ty AT&T :/ ... Rogers doesn't have unlimited but at least they don't throttle ... I have 6 gb totally unthrottled which gets abused everyday hehe :)

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
Yeah not sure what their deal is...all systems are currently down..web, ussd and phone in customer service

I will try again tomorrow eve. thanks again for posting!!!

Haha ****ty AT&T :/ ... Rogers doesn't have unlimited but at least they don't throttle ... I have 6 gb totally unthrottled which gets abused everyday hehe :)

Am interested to see the results of your testing. Rogers and at&t don't have dual channel hspa on their network. Bell telus and T-Mobile do.

I use this modem on my device because I am on bell with good results.

However, I also use it as there is no lte in my area. If you use this modem you will not have lte as its not in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Reactions: GeezyF.Ladies

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
Am interested to see the results of your testing. Rogers and at&t don't have dual channel hspa on their network. Bell telus and T-Mobile do.

I use this modem on my device because I am on bell with good results.

However, I also use it as there is no lte in my area. If you use this modem you will not have lte as its not in there.

I don't have LTE in my area anyways so it doesn't matter. Rogers I think does have dual channel HSPA because the galaxy tab or some of the other stuff they sell uses it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Nope they may use similar devices but have the functionality turned off since they dont support it.

I.e. the HTC raider (vivid) check out the specs of the rogers version vs bell both the same except the hspa speeds (21 vs 42)

At the same time. It doesn't hurt to instal it only when you venture into an lte are. For that I keep The rogers/att radios on my SD card so I can just flash them on.

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
I confirmed no lte to lte on this radio

The one test on hspa+ i was able to accomplish before throttling was normal for my area

7down 2up

This is definitely faster at work than norm. this radio also allows me to bypass att throttle
SC20120219-163012.png

SC20120219-172756.png

And a screen from our aria in the same location
shot_000002.jpg

this modem + APN bypass might make LTE unnecessary

Last edited:

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
I confirmed no lte to lte on this radio

The one test on hspa+ i was able to accomplish before throttling was normal for my area

7down 2up

This is definitely faster at work than norm. this radio also allows me to bypass att throttle

And a screen from our aria in the same location

So it works better than the rogers radio as well. I have no LTE in my area so I don't really care about that. Also, is it CWM flashable or Odin?

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
I know it doesn't have lte but dies it make battery last longer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium App

upyouratrix

Mar 3, 2011
Just as a word of caution, this radio didn't play nice on the Rom I'm using. SKY ICS 6.9

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
So it works better than the rogers radio as well. I have no LTE in my area so I don't really care about that. Also, is it CWM flashable or Odin?

CWM

I have not been using it long enough to see any effect on battery...and that is subjective anyway...usage habits, rom choice, kernel, oc settings etc
We have 7 batteries, so battery life is of no importance to me

Reactions: Phoneguy589
this modem + APN bypass might make LTE unnecessary
APN bypass? (searches google)
CWM

I have not been using it long enough to see any effect on battery...and that is subjective anyway...usage habits, rom choice, kernel, oc settings etc
We have 7 batteries, so battery life is of no importance to me

7? OEMs?

I have two. Not sure my battery life has been up and down overall. but it seems ok. on hspa does burn a bit faster than before. when you are on wifi everything is good.

Top Liked Posts