Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,416 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SYSTEM] ATT Galaxy Note Root

Tip us?

mashi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Default [SYSTEM] ATT Galaxy Note Root

This one is difference than Da_G one. Da_G one is perm root but it will increase flash counter. This one flash with Odin but in system level not boot kernel

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3cd..._note_root.zip
Devices:
Tablet : Google Nexus 7 | Pantech Element
Miniature Tablet/Phone : Samsung N9005 | Sony Z Ultra c6833
Phone : Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Galaxy S IV I9505 | Xiaomi Hongmi | Apple iPhone 5
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mashi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 632
please elaborate ?
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tids2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

claudiovr6
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i'm a bit confussed

sweetboy02125
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Where is the file?
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
TABLETS: MS Surface Pro

BLOWNCO
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1542

DONATE TO ME
im guessing what he means is that when you flash this via odin it will give you root perms UNTIL you reboot then you will no longer have root kinda like the temp root the evo3d started with
BLOWNCO.COM
wallpapers/roms/mods/and more

Da_G
Old
Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

I think what Mashi meant to say and didn't explain too well is that this is a pre-rooted /system image, in the form of system.img.ext4 inside of a pda.tar to be flashed via odin.

Both ways result in a permanently rooted system partition, just this way flashes it directly, leaving the stock kernel intact, whereas my method flashes a modified kernel which then roots the /system partition via a script.

Apparently the download site he uploaded it to doesn't allow non-premium users to download files that large.
Support my work! The more phones I can get my hands on the more ROM goodness I can churn out. Like BUTTAH

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Da_G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kikex76
Old
(Last edited by kikex76; 19th February 2012 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Deleted Deleted

android.activate
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashi View Post
This one is difference than Da_G one. Da_G one is perm root but it will increase flash counter. This one flash with Odin but in system level not boot kernel

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3cd..._note_root.zip
Please upload the file somewhere else, non premium members cannot download the file
Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note II
Recovery: CWM - version Whatever
ROM: Still looking for the best one

EvoXOhio
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by android.activate View Post
Please upload the file somewhere else, non premium members cannot download the file
+1. I decided i don't want to mess with flashing roms and kernels with this phone, i just want root so i can block adds and restore my titanium backups from old phone.

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Well... a friend got one and wants root as well, and my first thing I told him, pull system, root it, (add su to /system/bin and superuser.apk to /system/app) then flash it back with Odin.
Can anyone tell me that would not work? It sounds like that is what this is...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]